Confident Persistence

facadegeniality

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've read this article titled "Confident persistence" http://www.sosuave.com/articles/at/persistence.htm?forum
5) A Don Juan accepts the inevitable games and tests.

The fact that women play games and test men does not make them bad people. It just means that they have lots of options (many guys who are interested in them) and they have had to come up with tests (often administered in a non-conscious fashion) as a way of filtering their pursuers into the Average Guys and the Real Men.

If you follow the basics of being a Don Juan, you will always pass the tests and blow away the competition. So a Don Juan doesn’t worry much about these little tests.

But even if you do, even if you pass the initial tests and she becomes highly interested in you, don’t expect the tests and games to stop. Never expect that things will get logical and easy with women. They won’t.

For example, she may be very very attracted to you and still not return your phone calls, or she might break a date, or flirt with other guys, or some other such thing. Why?

Because she knows, from years of reading Cosmo and discussing "strategy" with her friends, how to play the game. She knows about playing hard to get, hot and cold, social proof, being busy, etc. And when she finds a man that she really really wants (that would be you, Don Juan), by golly, she’s going to use all these little tricks and techniques to try and keep him.

So don’t let it upset or confuse you. Take it as a compliment that she’s putting in all this effort to keep you interested.
One thing i do not understand is mr thompson's mention of the test and games girls play.

How do play along such that we still hold our integrity/self respect at the end?

i'm confused at that part.

trent81

Banned
Reaction score
I use the rule of 2 in any of these situations. call once, no call back? Call or text again, no call back? It's over.

facadegeniality

Don Juan
Reaction score
trent81 said:
I use the rule of 2 in any of these situations. call once, no call back? Call or text again, no call back? It's over.
Hi trent, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately for me, for one of my plate, its the fact that she replies on average 6 hrs after i've sent her a text. (im in asia, most won't answer the call unless we're really close)

I dunno how does that show as low interest because she seems to want to go out with me.

But 6 hrs is a tad too long even for normal friends right? and to be consistent at that reeks of game-playing.

Any thoughts or feedback, fellow DJs?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
facadegeniality said:
Hi guys, I've read this article titled "Confident persistence" http://www.sosuave.com/articles/at/persistence.htm?forum

One thing i do not understand is mr thompson's mention of the test and games girls play.

How do play along such that we still hold our integrity/self respect at the end?

i'm confused at that part.
To quote your quote:

"So don’t let it upset or confuse you. Take it as a compliment that she’s putting in all this effort to keep you interested. "

That's how.

facadegeniality

Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
To quote your quote:

"So don’t let it upset or confuse you. Take it as a compliment that she’s putting in all this effort to keep you interested. "

That's how.
that's what im confused about.

If its that easy, we do not need this forum. Squirrels, can you be more specific as to how we can react to it? other than jus don't let it affect us?

we can be ignorant about it or we can do something to make that to our advantage. help me see the light please. Im all ears.

facade

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
facadegeniality said:
that's what im confused about.

If its that easy, we do not need this forum. Squirrels, can you be more specific as to how we can react to it? other than jus don't let it affect us?

we can be ignorant about it or we can do something to make that to our advantage. help me see the light please. Im all ears.

facade
Not reacting to it does not mean being ignorant to it.

If you take your kid through the store and he throws a tantrum in the candy aisle, you ignore it. Or maybe you assert your authority and let him know you're not putting up with that crap. The one thing you DON'T do, though, is give the kid candy. Because then he'll know that any time he wants candy, he can behave badly and get it.

And you're right, you DON'T need this site, once you get an idea how to be confident and assertive with women and within yourself.

facadegeniality

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks squirrel, that made me think a lil more.

Im jus wondering how to be assertive and yet show her that I am not fazed/angry by her test?

for eg I wanna tell the girl I'm sick of her replying me 6 hrs later each time. how do i be assertive that i do not take such nonsense while showing that it's somehow not affecting me? (I'm not sure if you get what I mean)

the-nighthawk

Don Juan
Reaction score
facadegeniality said:
for eg I wanna tell the girl I'm sick of her replying me 6 hrs later each time. how do i be assertive that i do not take such nonsense while showing that it's somehow not affecting me? (I'm not sure if you get what I mean)
From now on you'll need also 6 hours of time to reply her text messages. If she is mention it, tell her that she should change it, otherwise you can't change it too. If she's still not changing her behaviour you will double the time and let her wait for 12 hours. She's your distance plate and she shouldn't make you sick, otherwise she's having too much (negative) power. You should be always willed to leave when someone is making you feeling sick.

Confident persistence

Rule 1) You can give up, move on, NEXT HER! And look for someone who is more interested in you. => more interested also in your "rules" & values