Confident guys don't need to explain.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple but important. You're a confident, badass guy who doesn't need other people's validation: you don't need to give explanations, justifications, excuses for anything you do.

Take what you want, do what you want, and don't wait to see if other people approve. Hey, in words it might sound simple, but you have to realise what you're doing wrong to change it.

If you have something to say and you anticipate someone asking a question about it, JUST SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY, and if they want to know that missing piece of information they'll ask. Even if it's DEFINATE they'll ask, let them. By telling them more than they asked for, you're not being nice or considerate, you're doing something you don't want to because you feel obliged to. (I.e. you don't feel high status/alpha). Telling them all of that extra sh'it is a waste of your time and you find it BORING to tell them. You don't owe them anything.

If you know that someone has something on their mind which you can tell them, let them ask if they're going to, and if they don't, don't explain. It's simple. Pussies need others to think good of them, alpha dudes don't care what people think.

For instance:

You're a SHY person and you really like anything to do with CINDERELLA;).

Pu'ssy: [what do you like] well, it's funny but I really like anything to do with cinderella. Yeah I know it's normally thought of as for kids, and female ones at that, but I like it because of a) b) c) I think it's really cool and not at all for kids, and I can like what I want!

Alpha dude: [what do you like] I like Cinderella. [What??] Cinderella. [Why?] *shrugs* I just do. [You know it's for girls right?] *laughs* yeah. (NOTE: if you like something which no-one else does and you'd ordinarily look a pu'ssy for doing so, the cooler you are about it the more respect you get. It's almost worth liking a girly thing just so you can show off your unmarrable coolness. I like romantic manga ^^)

you didn't do your homework.

Pu'ssy: [as soon as seeing teacher] Teacher teacher I didn't do my homework because a) b) c) [replace these with relevant excuses like "my cat caught on fire"]

Alpha dude: [teacher asks for homework] Sorry, I didn't do it. THEN [Why?] Because I didn't have time. [How come] Well, if you really want to know, my cat caught on fire and I had to take it to the vet.

Pu'ssy: Oh oh I'm soooo sorry but I can't go to the date on sunday which you couldn't think of a way to refuse because a) b) c) d) but I DO like you and I'm free ALL week if you want to try some other time and it WON'T happen again I promise.......

Alpha dude: hey, I can't come on sunday, sorry. Some other time, okay? [why?] Lady, I'm an awesome guy with a lot of things going on and that's all ya need to know okay:cool:

This makes you look confident and genuine in any case, but it's PARTICULARLY useful when lying. Imagine in the last two of the above examples there was a less than worthy reason for coming short, and you were feeling guilty. If you over-explain, you'll seem a liar. If you only explain as much as they ask about, you'll seem genuine.

Not telling people things straight off is a way of being "mysterious" as they say. It intrigues people. Even if you tell them after they inquire, they'll feel like what you've told them was worth it because they had to work for it, and you'll have an aura of mystery, "If he didn't tell me that straight away how much don't I know about him"?

This is a facet of the confident mindset to work on.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exp said:
I like that example, it's both confident and polite.
One thing though, taking this "confident" mindset too far will get you nowhere, you'll come across as an ******* and that is no good.
In some ways, yes. But if you don't want to hurt other people's feelings, then there is a confident way to go about it. You have to be your own authority. It's an absolute, you can't take it too far only achieve it. The question is, are you doing it because you don't want people to think you're an a'sshole or are you doing it because you are concerned about their feelings? Most people think the second when it's really the first. You have to understand it before you can distinguish though.

Slique

Don Juan
Reaction score
A follow up to the above post. If you wanna come across as confident without necessarily insulting people then keep on reading.

3 words: Diction, enunciation, delivery.
Choose what you say carefully, say it nice and clear, and deliver it with a James Bond-ish (or any other alpha male role model) tonality/authority.

That being said, sometimes the best jokes are better said by the comedians than lay people.

10% is what you say, and 90% is how you say it.

Sam Gold

Don Juan
Reaction score
Slique: Good reminder

and I like those three words "Diction, enunciation, delivery".

Very true.