Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Concealed carry on first few dates

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Regarding that, here in FL we've had OLD meetups that turn into robberies around here. The guy thinks he's going on a date and then it ends up being a set up because it's a robbery. Why a lot of times when you see pics on Tinder of a young HB9 it's usually fake. Likely a set up.

Like downtown Ft. myers is where the bars, tourist areas and stuff is at. Around it is bad area and crime spills into there. I would not want to walk to the parking lot at night unarmed.
Respectfully dude, I do not think you should be carrying a gun without proper supervision. It's not something to fvck around with. You really have no idea what you are talking about and the seriousness of carrying a firearm; let alone using it for self-defense. I'm 100% for 2nd amendment rights; but what you are describing is not what the 2nd amendment is for.

Crazy idea, DON'T GO INTO BAD CRIME RIDDEN AREAS!

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Concealed carry means concealed carry. You shouldn't be printing, and there's no need to call attention to the fact that you carry.

It's best to get your emotional hooks into a girl before revealing. When the time is right (i.e. when she is emotionally attached) you can very casually and matter-of-factly make a passing comment about carrying. As with anything else, it's necessary to say it with zero hint that you're looking to see what her reaction will be. You are simply telling her how it is, without a hint of apology.

By-and-large, women believe about you that which you believe about yourself. If she doesn't like the fact that you carry, she's not the right girl. End of story. A woman's fears should never be a guiding force in a relationship. She accepts you as a man who is interested in self-protection, or she doesn't. These are the kinds of things that need to be dealt with fairly early on in a relationship. She needs to know that YOU are the sherrif around these parts and that you set the guidelines and parameters of the relationship.

Men create so many problems for themselves by asking how she feels about this or that. I found out early in my present relationship that they don't even like to be asked that. I dropped "How do you feel about xyz" a long time ago. Instead I slowly reveal to them who I am and what I stand for, take it or leave it. They always take it in my case, probably because of the way I present things.
@biggoal, the dude's a cop. Listen to him.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
If all of this is true, it doesn't sound like concealed carry is a good idea for a first date in FL. You can only carry one, maybe two handguns concealed. That may not be enough firepower to neutralize the type of threat that you are contemplating (especially if the setup involves an entire gang). I would suggest open carrying an AR-15 or some other semi-automatic rifle if that is allowed in FL.
Open carry is not legal in FL.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Concealed carry means concealed carry. You shouldn't be printing, and there's no need to call attention to the fact that you carry.

It's best to get your emotional hooks into a girl before revealing. When the time is right (i.e. when she is emotionally attached) you can very casually and matter-of-factly make a passing comment about carrying. As with anything else, it's necessary to say it with zero hint that you're looking to see what her reaction will be. You are simply telling her how it is, without a hint of apology.

By-and-large, women believe about you that which you believe about yourself. If she doesn't like the fact that you carry, she's not the right girl. End of story. A woman's fears should never be a guiding force in a relationship. She accepts you as a man who is interested in self-protection, or she doesn't. These are the kinds of things that need to be dealt with fairly early on in a relationship. She needs to know that YOU are the sherrif around these parts and that you set the guidelines and parameters of the relationship.

Men create so many problems for themselves by asking how she feels about this or that. I found out early in my present relationship that they don't even like to be asked that. I dropped "How do you feel about xyz" a long time ago. Instead I slowly reveal to them who I am and what I stand for, take it or leave it. They always take it in my case, probably because of the way I present things.
Good post and this is what I do now that I am older.

Present yourself unapologetically to a woman for what you are and what you stand for. Do not be timid about it. She can take it or leave it. The ones that stay will be the best ones for you anyway.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
I'd say 85 percent of the time when I see someone who like guns on OLD the lady is a landwhale hick or covered in tats.

Why are most hot chicks not really into firearms?
I've noticed a decent percentage of girls have photos of themselves at a shooting range on their profile. This causes me to immediately not like them because they're trying to show anger issues or just waiting for a chance to shoot someone legally. No thanks.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Good post and this is what I do now that I am older.

Present yourself unapologetically to a woman for what you are and what you stand for. Do not be timid about it. She can take it or leave it. The ones that stay will be the best ones for you anyway.
Is whether or not you happen to have a gun on you really that big of a part of "who you are"?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed a decent percentage of girls have photos of themselves at a shooting range on their profile. This causes me to immediately not like them because they're trying to show anger issues or just waiting for a chance to shoot someone legally. No thanks.
Also, if you noticed at times too look at how they're holding the pistol or posture shooting rifle. Many times the pics are BS and for show. Like they're crossing their thumbs when shooting a semi auto or improper revolver grip.

Ironic I'm talking to an hB8 on match right now. Has a pic at the range and she owns guns. But she's like 85 miles away!

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Also, if you noticed at times too look at how they're holding the pistol or posture shooting rifle. Many times the pics are BS and for show. Like they're crossing their thumbs when shooting a semi auto or improper revolver grip.

Ironic I'm talking to an hB8 on match right now. Has a pic at the range and she owns guns. But she's like 85 miles away!
To me, a girl who loves guns is just an unattractive as a girl who weighs 400 pounds.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
I've never really thought about it, but I can see your point. It is by nature more masculine.
It's more than that. It more makes me think they think they're tough cause they can pull a trigger from 100 yards away. And maybe they have a paranoid victim mentality just waiting for any excuse to claim self-defense.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is whether or not you happen to have a gun on you really that big of a part of "who you are"?
I can infer from your post you either hate firearms or don't own them.

For me, it's not a big part of who I am, but I do own them and shoot them regularly. So if a woman couldn't handle those facts, then she wouldn't be for me.

If you own a dog, does owning that dog make a big part of who you are? If you dated a girl who doesn't like dogs, do you think it would work out? Most likely not.

Now apply the same logic to firearms. I'm sure you will counter with the usual anti-gun response, "well it's different since it's a firearm".

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
I can infer from your post you either hate firearms or don't own them.

For me, it's not a big part of who I am, but I do own them and shoot them regularly. So if a woman couldn't handle those facts, then she wouldn't be for me.

If you own a dog, does owning that dog make a big part of who you are? If you dated a girl who doesn't like dogs, do you think it would work out? Most likely not.

Now apply the same logic to firearms. I'm sure you will counter with the usual anti-gun response, "well it's different since it's a firearm".
His post made it seem like it was a black or white "this is who I am" type of thing.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you even need a Gun for a date? Are you taking her to Afghanistan?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His post made it seem like it was a black or white "this is who I am" type of thing.
You seem to have a critical bent. Most men who carry enjoy having a means of protecting themselves and their loved ones, and many enjoy shooting at the range. Naturally a man’s interests and hobbies are a large part of who he is. Carrying a weapon involves considerable personal investment and responsibility. There’s nothing wrong with a man saying “this is who I am” when it comes to shooting, self defense, etc., just as a man who loves rock climbing, surfing, etc. might say the same thing about his passions.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you even need a Gun for a date? Are you taking her to Afghanistan?
The mindset of CCW is "have but not need, rather than need and not have".

9.99999 out of 10 times you won't need to use whatever you're carrying but being prepared anyways in case you do is the mindset.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The mindset of CCW is "have but not need, rather than need and not have".

9.99999 out of 10 times you won't need to use whatever you're carrying but being prepared anyways in case you do is the mindset.
You get it.

It's nice to carry and know that you at least have a fighting chance when it goes down.