Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Concealed carry on first few dates

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I've seen this brought up on the gun forums and a couple times on here, but what are the thoughts about conceal carry on first dates or when meeting someone new? I bring this up because a lot of times dates take place in downtown areas at night where robberies occur, or worse an OLD date is a set up.

Like around here the biggest city 30 miles to my south has a lot of bars and restaurants downtown. It's a tourist area and locals all go there on the weekends but crime spills into these areas especially at night.

I personally carry 24/7 everywhere.

Not Dead Yet

Don Juan
Reaction score
First dates are weeknight dates, not weekend dates. Either way, CC is a good way to disqualify girls that don't believe in CC, which is probably 95+% of them. Maybe you can talk about religion or politics to disqualify the 5% who are inclined to hang around.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Completely depends on the local flavor.

Down south, it may be perfectly acceptable to a down-home country girl for her date to pack heat. She may have a little .38 in her purse herself.

Up here, not that you can even get a CC permit but say you did, carrying a gun would freak out more like 99.998% of women you meet on dates.

Given that you live in southern Florida, I absolutely don’t blame you for carrying 24/7. The same goes for anyone who lives near Detroit. There are places in this country where the cops simply aren’t around. I get it.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First dates are weeknight dates, not weekend dates. Either way, CC is a good way to disqualify girls that don't believe in CC, which is probably 95+% of them. Maybe you can talk about religion or politics to disqualify the 5% who are inclined to hang around.
Naw, first dates can be weekend dates, this isn't 1960

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
The state I live in, it's a toss up on whether a girl would be ok with me carrying on a date. I wouldn't announce it to her, though.

I'll say if a girl can't handle the fact I carry, it won't work out in the long run. If you present yourself as a normal guy to her and she is attracted to you, she won't have an issue with it unless she absolutely hates firearms.

My last ex was 50/50 on it. The one before her did not like firearms, but didn't give me too much grief about it.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Concealed carry means concealed carry. You shouldn't be printing, and there's no need to call attention to the fact that you carry.

It's best to get your emotional hooks into a girl before revealing. When the time is right (i.e. when she is emotionally attached) you can very casually and matter-of-factly make a passing comment about carrying. As with anything else, it's necessary to say it with zero hint that you're looking to see what her reaction will be. You are simply telling her how it is, without a hint of apology.

By-and-large, women believe about you that which you believe about yourself. If she doesn't like the fact that you carry, she's not the right girl. End of story. A woman's fears should never be a guiding force in a relationship. She accepts you as a man who is interested in self-protection, or she doesn't. These are the kinds of things that need to be dealt with fairly early on in a relationship. She needs to know that YOU are the sherrif around these parts and that you set the guidelines and parameters of the relationship.

Men create so many problems for themselves by asking how she feels about this or that. I found out early in my present relationship that they don't even like to be asked that. I dropped "How do you feel about xyz" a long time ago. Instead I slowly reveal to them who I am and what I stand for, take it or leave it. They always take it in my case, probably because of the way I present things.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
The GF knows I carry, and I've given it to her to hold. She's a gun supporter, so no issues, but she's never held a gun before. I've also have years of experience practicing at the range and with the military. I've even been in a gun fight with the CT Sheriff (same side) on an eviction gone bad. However, I do not hang out in bad areas for social events nor do I carry unless I am going into bad or questionable areas. Florida laws are different than CT (CT also very gun friendly). However, there really is no reason for you to carry on a first date. It would probably scare most off unless you meet up with her at a gun range. This day and age, she might be so scared she'd call the police or something. Prob. not worth the risk. Tip - don't meet up in isolated or bad areas where you may need a fire arm. Rest assured, if you have one, and the dudes who may want to hurt have them, you will lose. Not worth it.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's concealed, how would she even know that you have it on you? I certainly would not talk about guns on the first date (and I am a big believer in gun rights).

Last edited:

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
The GF knows I carry, and I've given it to her to hold. She's a gun supporter, so no issues, but she's never held a gun before. I've also have years of experience practicing at the range and with the military. I've even been in a gun fight with the CT Sheriff (same side) on an eviction gone bad. However, I do not hang out in bad areas for social events nor do I carry unless I am going into bad or questionable areas. Florida laws are different than CT (CT also very gun friendly). However, there really is no reason for you to carry on a first date. It would probably scare most off unless you meet up with her at a gun range. This day and age, she might be so scared she'd call the police or something. Prob. not worth the risk. Tip - don't meet up in isolated or bad areas where you may need a fire arm. Rest assured, if you have one, and the dudes who may want to hurt have them, you will lose. Not worth it.
I'm originally from Missouri. Our gun laws in Florida SUCK compared to missouri. In Missouri it's a constitutional carry state. You don't need a permit for concealed carry in Missouri. You can also open carry in Missouri as well and no 3 day wait periods if no ccw permit. Our laws in FL are strict. Also, the penalties for carrying in a prohibited by state statue locations in FL are harsh and felonies in many cases. Lots of people in Missouri pack heat though.

It's funny on OLD profiles you see women sometimes shooting. Then you notice they have improper handgun grip for a semi auto like crossing the thumbs. That just tells me it might be an photo op just to look good for men and they really don't shoot much.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had dates that were shooting dates. And the prospect excited them. But always with a woman I had vetted previously as being relationship worthy.

As for carrying on a first date?

1637778921331.png

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Regarding that, here in FL we've had OLD meetups that turn into robberies around here. The guy thinks he's going on a date and then it ends up being a set up because it's a robbery. Why a lot of times when you see pics on Tinder of a young HB9 it's usually fake. Likely a set up.

Like downtown Ft. myers is where the bars, tourist areas and stuff is at. Around it is bad area and crime spills into there. I would not want to walk to the parking lot at night unarmed.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Regarding that, here in FL we've had OLD meetups that turn into robberies around here. The guy thinks he's going on a date and then it ends up being a set up because it's a robbery. Why a lot of times when you see pics on Tinder of a young HB9 it's usually fake. Likely a set up.

Like downtown Ft. myers is where the bars, tourist areas and stuff is at. Around it is bad area and crime spills into there. I would not want to walk to the parking lot at night unarmed.
What makes you think that you carrying one fire arm is going to prevent you from getting shot by the thugs who are also carrying illegal fire arms? Rest assured, you will freeze and get your ass shot. Have you even been shot at? I have, it's not like being in the movies dude. How's your aim? How does your body handle pressure? How does your mind handle pressure? Are you capable of making the decision of killing a person (or bystander) for some money, watch, etc.? Are you willing to face the consequences of using deadly force (jail/life sentence/death penalty)?

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What makes you think that you carrying one fire arm is going to prevent you from getting shot by the thugs who are also carrying illegal fire arms? Rest assured, you will freeze and get your ass shot. Have you even been shot at? I have, it's not like being in the movies dude. How's your aim? How does your body handle pressure? How does your mind handle pressure? Are you capable of making the decision of killing a person (or bystander) for some money, watch, etc.? Are you willing to face the consequences of using deadly force (jail/life sentence/death penalty)?

Glassguy

Reaction score
Be the best version of YOU on the date. Of you like guns and she doesn't, it's probably a deal breaker. I like guns. I own plenty. I don't hide the fact to impress a chick.

Fyi- you'll get laid more being yourself and standing up for yourself in a flirty way than you will being a bytch and doing whatever it takes to impress a female.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can just see the headline now:

37 YEAR OLD MAN BEATEN TO DEATH WITH HIS OWN HANDGUN AFTER AWKWARD DATE AT SIZZLER

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Be the best version of YOU on the date. Of you like guns and she doesn't, it's probably a deal breaker. I like guns. I own plenty. I don't hide the fact to impress a chick.

Fyi- you'll get laid more being yourself and standing up for yourself in a flirty way than you will being a bytch and doing whatever it takes to impress a female.
I'd say 85 percent of the time when I see someone who like guns on OLD the lady is a landwhale hick or covered in tats.

Why are most hot chicks not really into firearms?

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If all of this is true, it doesn't sound like concealed carry is a good idea for a first date in FL. You can only carry one, maybe two handguns concealed. That may not be enough firepower to neutralize the type of threat that you are contemplating (especially if the setup involves an entire gang). I would suggest open carrying an AR-15 or some other semi-automatic rifle if that is allowed in FL.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If all of this is true, it doesn't sound like concealed carry is a good idea for a first date in FL. You can only carry one, maybe two handguns concealed. That may not be enough firepower to neutralize the type of threat that you are contemplating (especially if the setup involves an entire gang). I would suggest open carrying an AR-15 or some other semi-automatic rifle if that is allowed in FL.