Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Compound Movements

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to do all compound movements in 1 day

im not sure which ones of these to pick tho.. i would assume 5 of them would be enough correct?
which of these should i choose? :
Clean And Press
Squat
Deadlift
Bench Press
Military Press
DB/BB Row
Skull Crushers
Crunches

Im going to do the lifting on friday and swimming on monday.
Im trying to improve my paddling (short distance speed[strength], but also endurance[long period]
So the main muscles (for paddling) would be Back and Shoulder. But for actual surfing you use your legs and core(abs)

So what do yall think?

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would drop the bench press and skullcrushers if you're lifting just for swimming purposes.

Also, alternate between squats and deadlifts weekly.

I'm assuming that you're only planning on lifting on Friday?

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clean And Press
Bench Press
Military Press
DB/BB Row
Crunches

does thatl look good? do u think i should replace squat for something in there?
id replace it for either military press or bench press. reason i say military is because u already do a military press in clean and press correct? or do u think it would be better to rpelace it for bench press? the legs would be quite useful for powerful turns(in surfing). maybe its best to replace squat for bench press?????

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would replace squat for bench press.

Also, alternate between squats and deadlifts weekly. It's important to have a strong lower back since it acts as a stabalizer for most exercises.

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
isnt lower back covered in the clean and press?
and i put the bb row for upper back (which is what i feel is sore when i paddle for a long tmie)

i understand why u say to alternate the dl and squat.. but it seems like the legs would be very important.. but theyre worked in deadlift too(same muscles right?) so i guess its ok?

So
Clean and Press
Military Press
Squat/DL
BB/DB Row
Crunches

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's better. 3 sets of each is good.

Lower back isn't hit very well with the clean and press. Deadlifts hit the legs hard as well.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cleans
Squats
Deadlifts
Bench Press

The above is heavy and to the point. You'll have more energy for the big lifts, which will be more productive. There are also some body weight excersizes I've put down on other days. They're mentioned in a sec. Here is why I've changed what I've changed:

The barbell row will be useless. Just paddle more and build more endurance in the muscle. Using weights for the purpose you have stated isn't the best approach for this situation.

Pull ups can be done on other days, they arent majorly taxing to your system. Do crunches on the days you do pull ups. Do handstand pushups instead of military presses - again on the same day as pull ups and crunches.

Personally I think that a heavy weight day one day, and a bodyweight-only combination on a different day would be a very good idea. You want overall strength and a fairly high amount of endurance - you dont need to cram it all into one day. Excersiizes like shoulder presses, you dont want to put energy into that when you could be investing it in more productive lifts - the four mentioned at the top there.

Remember, they're compound movements. They also work a lot of other muscles - you dont have to do all major compound movements, just the best few. Use those bodyweight excersizes to make sure no other bodypart lags, and you should see significant improvement.

-B-

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
someone suggested i split it into two days
monday: squat, deadlift, clean and press, crunches

friday: bench press, row, military press. then swim directly afterwards in the pool

is that good? or should i just stick with the one i already had?l

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally think the split is better.

Why not lift on Monday and Wednesday or something? This way, you can conserve all of Friday's energy for swimming.

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he said if i swim after my upper body workout that it wouldnt be overtraining since its in the same time.. altho it would be kinda long i guess...?
see friday is nice cuz i dont got all the time constraints

i just dont want to waste too much time in the gym, thats why i wanted to do it on 1 day anyways.

but isnt clean and press full body? so is it ok to put it with lower body(monday)?
also deadlift does ur back and legs.. so is that ok on lower body?