Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Compliments

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
I've been in a great mood as of late, and I don't see this train stopping any time soon. So, i've found myself giving some genuine compliments to the women around me, and they seem receptive to it.

Sosuave MasterXXXDJ : " But John, compliments are for beta male phaggotzzz! "

You're right, giving an empty, non-genuine compliment such as "You're beatiful, you're pretty, you're eyes are like 10000 oceans put together in two seamless irises that are your eyes" You get it. Girls hear that sh1t on the daily, except the last one, that last one actually may work, if you're me ;)

What I'm getting at here, is that people over complicate what we learn here, we have to bend the rules to fit the situations. Yes compliments are bad in excess, but what isn't? You have to find the right time to use them and use them sparingly, or else you will come off as fake.

The reason I started to incorporate these back in is because I find it makes gaining rapport so much easier (and approaching) with women when you compliment their new shoes, or that new choker (yes this is back in fellas, god bless us all), and then from the compliment , while you have her eating of your hand , it is so easy to go straight into some smart ass comments/ working the ****y/funny. It is seamless.

For a while, I stopped giving compliments, and I have seen my success rate decline. A few years ago,, when I first came here and was trying out EVERYTHING, I noticed that giving compliments + ****y funny has lead to some great success, and it seems I have strayed away from it, strayed from the basics, and I wanted to share this little tip with you fellas.

How do you all feel about compliments? Use them? Abuse them? Never? If you never use them, I suggest trying it out, you may find some new women opening up to you.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, God. Never open with a compliment.

You're much better off frowning, rubbing your chin and saying "Do you really think that matches?"

Or "Do you have any tattoos? You don't smoke? Wait... are those nails real? Ok, I guess you're not too bad."

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in a great mood as of late, and I don't see this train stopping any time soon. So, i've found myself giving some genuine compliments to the women around me, and they seem receptive to it.

Sosuave MasterXXXDJ : " But John, compliments are for beta male phaggotzzz! "

You're right, giving an empty, non-genuine compliment such as "You're beatiful, you're pretty, you're eyes are like 10000 oceans put together in two seamless irises that are your eyes" You get it. Girls hear that sh1t on the daily, except the last one, that last one actually may work, if you're me ;)

What I'm getting at here, is that people over complicate what we learn here, we have to bend the rules to fit the situations. Yes compliments are bad in excess, but what isn't? You have to find the right time to use them and use them sparingly, or else you will come off as fake.

The reason I started to incorporate these back in is because I find it makes gaining rapport so much easier (and approaching) with women when you compliment their new shoes, or that new choker (yes this is back in fellas, god bless us all), and then from the compliment , while you have her eating of your hand , it is so easy to go straight into some smart ass comments/ working the ****y/funny. It is seamless.

For a while, I stopped giving compliments, and I have seen my success rate decline. A few years ago,, when I first came here and was trying out EVERYTHING, I noticed that giving compliments + ****y funny has lead to some great success, and it seems I have strayed away from it, strayed from the basics, and I wanted to share this little tip with you fellas.

How do you all feel about compliments? Use them? Abuse them? Never? If you never use them, I suggest trying it out, you may find some new women opening up to you.
I'm a female and the compliment has to be well thought out and genuine (and sound sincere) in order for it to not feel cheesy. It's a difficult game to master, esp since females are used to compliments as cheesy come-ons.

I disagree that you should neg a female in order to gain interest BUT I understand-see-know the male neg game, so it doesn't work with me. Respect for the male (I dont even know) is lost when it occurs. He is usually called out, or at the very least nexted by being ignored. But that is just me. I admit that the majority of females are going to fall for it. I just worry that these females might not be the quality you guys deserve.

I digress... OP if you have confidence in your compliment game, I say go for it :)

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You MUST be in a value giving mindset to have compliments work for you, otherwise it will just come off as you needing something in return.

I find that compliments work best when you point out something you like that most people don't acknowledge. I told a girl I found her choice of volunteering at a mentally disabled home rather than the usual pet shelter/elderly/children's home interesting. She ate that sh!t up.

That being said, if you have to think of a compliment it's probably going to come off fake. The best ones are the ones that pop into your mind immediately because it is genuine what you like/find intriguing.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Compliments can work wonders and make her swoon for you and gush for you - that is, after she already has a crush on you.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I disagree that you should neg a female in order to gain interest BUT I understand-see-know the male neg game, so it doesn't work with me. Respect for the male (I dont even know) is lost when it occurs. He is usually called out, or at the very least nexted by being ignored.
Not if your outfit really doesn't match (it doesn't).

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I think compliments work great on initial approach. Where most guys **** it up is by staying talking to the girl for too long

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
never even dream of complimenting a girl if it's true.

if she's hot don't compliment her, if she's a soft 7 on a good day, tell her she's so beautiful you just had to say hi.

the idea is that a hot girl gets compliments all the time and knows what she looks like, you're either going to feed an enormous ego or annoy her by being the 10th guy to waste her time stating the obvious today

but a more average girl probably isn't used to it and it will actually have an effect on them which may be positive

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
never even dream of complimenting a girl if it's true.

if she's hot don't compliment her, if she's a soft 7 on a good day, tell her she's so beautiful you just had to say hi.

the idea is that a hot girl gets compliments all the time and knows what she looks like, you're either going to feed an enormous ego or annoy her by being the 10th guy to waste her time stating the obvious today

but a more average girl probably isn't used to it and it will actually have an effect on them which may be positive
agreed, I wouldn't give a generalized can compliment " You're beautiful" that's horse ****.

@sazc I agree, that most girls will see them as a come on, if they are done wrong. Mastering complimenting is difficult, but as Neil pointed out, if it is executed just right, it can work wonders. I do see a lot of guys going up to girls and says "You are so gorgeous, I just had to say hi", that is not the complimenting I am talking about at all, that does not work.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, God. Never open with a compliment.

You're much better off frowning, rubbing your chin and saying "Do you really think that matches?"

Or "Do you have any tattoos? You don't smoke? Wait... are those nails real? Ok, I guess you're not too bad."
Why not let her know you're interested right away! Sure keeps me from entering the friendzone. After that, I can focus more on teasing and having fun.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you all feel about compliments?

The problem is not with the compliment as a concept, the problem is compliments that relate to what is on your mind at the time, which is boobs, butts, bl0wjobs, etc Those compliments don't work. But if you can make the compliment non-sexual, non-physical, and genuine, it's a great tool. Notice things like her purse, shoes, nails. It's the act of pretending to not notice that she is hot. That's the type of guy that an attractive girl wants.

Then, when you finally do get her naked, that is the time to start with compliments on her body, because she is at her most insecure.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like with all things related to women... if she likes you compliments are well recieved... if she doesn't like you... you are a creep trying to get in her pants.

Best compliments are for things she does... not things she can't control... like her eyes and smile are she just has... however if she's done a great job putting together an outfit then this is better. But you better be sincere because if you are not she will know.

Glassguy

Reaction score
I don't give compliments out very often. I do let a woman know when she is doing something well in bed, during secks.

Compliments are the ultimate reward for earning my attention. I keep them far between so they aren't watered down. I can see them perk up with surprise when I do dish one out.

I tend to stay emotionally aloof and hard to figure out. It keeps the exclusive convos to a minimum and keeps their hamster spinning. Compliments few and far between compliment my style.

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only compliment good attitude and behavior. Not just with women.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep compliments to a minimum. They lose a lot of value if you are persistent. Another thing, compliment things that are less obvious, things she does not get complimented on much. If she is hot, she hears it all the time...

Women love compliments when being intimate too primarily because it gives them security that they can be vulnerable with you.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depending what type of mood I am in really

Sometimes when im in ****y / arrogant mode I won’t feel the need to use them because I push the bad boy thing to the point where I don’t need to do anything else because they go crazy for it anyway

However when I am in charming / intelligent mode I will quite often use compliments but as you say fake ones get found out quickly that’s why its pointless complimenting on social media or over text message because it doesn’t actually mean anything to the woman

p.s

im a big fan of the choker ,I think it makes chicks look so sexy