Competition training log

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
bro...fvcking diesel no joke. I was doing dumbell snatches with 35lbs each arm totaling 50 each arm when i was doing the 300 workout. That was already really tough. doing almost triple that weight. i will commend you on a terrific job done.

I've been focusing more on an overall body workout lifting with all muscles and running alot more. I realized that running fast and decent length makes up for some of the bad food that gets to my stomach as i'm finally putting on more weight but also maintaining my good physical look. My back at 170lbs and my 6pack is coming back nicely. Running is making a huge difference.

I also heard their bringing tough mudder to Canada. Try out the event but i will warn you, you should be running roughly atleast 6-7 miles a week well in advance before doing the race.
-----

not sure how you feel being that size though. When i was benching 260 max, my chest so really big to the point i couldn't bring my arm across my chest because there was a huge muscle there in the way blocking my stretching. Really annoying.
Thanx man, but my numbers are nothing to be proud of.

I'll never be a runner... unless you mean sprinting... my body type just isn't built for it. I'm 5'8" - 192 right now... that's like you being around 210-215 lbs. Try running at that weight! My focus for the next several months will be to prep for my bodybuilding comp.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have had a busy few days... working around 94 hours in 9 days, so hard to get a full 75 minute workout in there. Still have been making do with what I have time wise.

Will be nice to have a couple of days off this x-mas weekend...then back to the meat grinder.

New pic in the grey tank top, 5'8" - 191:

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/Treydesmon/

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JonJaper said:
Hey Fuglydude I noticed you recently turned 30 within the last few days...

So Happy Birthday!!

:rockon:
Haha, thanx man... ya the big 3-0... man I feel old and wrinkly! :D

Chest/hamstrings today.

Incline Dumbell press:

30 x 10
50 x 6
85 x 6
100 x 6
50 x 15
50 x 10
50 x 6

Flys:

30 x 6 x 3

Cable work, and modified anterior raises for chest.

Hamstring:

Lying leg curl 4 x 6
Seated Leg curl 3 x 10
Standing leg curl 3 x 10

Post wo wt = 191

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't updated this thing in a while.

Last couple of days have been pulls(back) and chest.

Chest:

Pretty uneventful, but I did manage to get 10 reps w/ 100 lb dumbells... Slow good controlled reps. This is a personal best for me!

Pulling:

Had the opportunity to go train at a great power/olympic lifting facility with a good buddy of mine who's a competitive PL... Man, I miss training like that.

6-inch block pulls:

100 kg x 3
125 kg x 3
155 kg x 3
175 kg x 3
205 kg x 3

Finished w/ glute ham raises and good mornings... Then I had to come back to the regular gym after a meal and finish off my other boring back movements!

Bodyweight has been going down, but I don't really care at this point because I definitely feel substantially leaner.

Post WO wt: 188.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Arms today.

Smith machine narrow grip bench.
Strict form w/ arms really close to side and a little bit less than shoulder width as far as grip goes.

135 x 10
155 x 10
185 x 10
205 x 6

Super-setted these w/ standing bicep curls for the first two, and then preacher curls.

Skull crushers... I have a tough time with this movement, but as time goes on, I'm able to feel a much stronger contraction in my triceps.

40 lb barbell x 10-12 x 4 sets

super-setted w/ seated bicep curl w/ 17.5 lb dumbells.

Weights are pathetically light, but I have to keep it light to prevent my back from taking over. Got a good arm pump from this combo.

Pyramids w/ one-arm preacher curl machine... Lots of reps done unilaterally. Quite brutal!

Finished w/ unilater standing tricep cable work.

I'm beginning to get more of a feel for arm training as time goes on. My arms are among my weakest body parts. 15" arms look funny when you're 5'8" - around 190 lbs and wear a size 46 suit w/ a 32" waist!

ipinsbo

Reaction score
fugly, can you send me an email at bipins2008[at]gmail[dot]com ? I am Indian and I have few questions regarding fitness.