Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Compartmentalize your feelings

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted this on another board, but felt it was appropriate to repost it here:

In relationships, it is extremely tempting for men to be completely open and honest with women. This is a mistake. From the very beginning of a relationship, a man must compartmentalize a small part of himself so that he has the mental fortitude to walk away from the relationship if necessary.

The natural result of this compartmentalization is that a man will never fall completely in love with a woman. This is a small sacrifice in light of the fact that the average relationship will never exceed a couple of years, and that it is more often women who pull the plug on relationships. Likewise, you should never tell a woman everything about yourself or your life. Doing so removes the mystery, and gives her access to information about you that is none of her business.

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't usually bump my own threads, but for you younger guys, this is an important tip to remember. When I was in high school, I made the mistake of investing all of my emotional energy in a particular girl, leaving me vulnerable when she decided to move on to a "bigger, better deal" (BBD). Younger girls, even those in college, are *always* looking for the BBD. If you invest emotions completely in one girl -- which you likely will if she becomes your girlfriend -- then you are risking a great deal of heartache when she decides to start dating one of the football players (who might go pro), a pre-law/law student, a pre-med/med student, etc...

If you don't compartmentalize, you'll end up like the protagonist in the Foreigner song, "Cold as Ice."

Cold As Ice

You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love

You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price
I know

I've seen it before
It happens all the time
You're closing the door
You leave the world behind
You're digging for gold
Yet throwing away