"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Communication troubles

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
I have problems with conversations with people that I don't closely know. Aquaintance-likes get all quiet around me very often. I'm not obnoxious or very talkative myself. I almost have to force a conversation and extort answers to break the silence. Many times I find myself being the most talkative one with such people. A lot of my conversations are awkward ones and are not very reflective. It puts a lot of burden on me since I find myself having to talk the most. All i get in return is the short down to fact answers. It may be that I just don't have much to talk about with these people. In order to be interesting one has to be interested right? Well, it doesn't look like any of these people that I try talk to have much to say to me.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Don't ever feel the need to be the one who needs to impress people - be yourself!
 

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
I'm trying to improve my people skills so I guess it's not so natural for me. I can't smalltalk unless it's premeditated.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Be more observant of your surroundings and in tune with what is going on in the wotld - there is a whole lot to talk about!
 
Top