Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Comfort Traps

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How come you never recognize Comfort traps until we are deep in them?

How do you draw the line between striving for improvement and enjoying the results of the work that got you there?

I'm thinking

Job/career
Time demands
Leisure activities
Fitness
Relationships
Money and financing nice things

What it comes down to is that we have an ever changing "needs barrel". We address the lowest stave on the barrel. But it seems like the others lower as that one climbs.

(from Liebig's law of the minimum, often simply called Liebig's law or the law of the minimum, is a principle developed in agricultural science by Carl Sprengel (1840) and later popularized by Justus von Liebig. )

What do you do in your daily life to be sure you are addressing what needs addressed and dealt with in your life? and avoid the comfort traps of:
Good relationship -> neglect fitness and meeting new people
Good career -> living beyond your means -> not growing in your career or challenging yourself

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:down:

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you have to know yourself and be working towards something that that guy likes. Me I m quirky like to cook like asian girls. Don't mind learning new things. Still love my sports. That's enough to build a life and a goal from.

Most average people will be average. Self care resilience acceptance and self amusement are core skills. The rest is first world whinging.

Can I have another piece of chocolate cake
Tammy Baker must be losing her faith
Can I buy another cheap Picasso fake
Andy Warhol must be laughing in his grave

Last edited:

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. There is only so much time in a day.

I think what you do each week should be a balance.

The best time management course I have seen to address balance is from Tony Robbins. His course has you review the categories of career, physical, emotional, financial, family, and spiritual.

The best tracking method for balance that I have seen is the journaling system by Ryder Carroll.

It takes some time to implement balance in your weekly activities but totally worth it.