Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Colonges and Aftershave

DJLegion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm about to buy myself some gifts (yeah yeah...I won't get it on christmas, but that's because Santa was lazy) and I'm not really sure where to start. I know I want to get some aftershave from Hugo Boss (any other recommendations?) but I dont know which one of those is best (there's more then one aftershave product). Seeing as how I will order online I'll trust the crowd here. Also tell me what colonges you like best.

And can you guys also tell me how you apply your aftershave? Do you just spray/rub it on your face? (This is my first aftershave product)

Yeah...this has been repeated already...but be more specific on which on the type of colonge from the brand. Thanks.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Armani is a good cologne if you can afford it. Also Victoria Secret ( i know, i know) has a cologne for men.

As for aftershave: Get Nivea for men aftershave. Its on a bunch of commercials and I cant shave without using it afterwards.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To apply aftershave:

• Shave your face.
  • Unscrew the cap to your aftershave.
  • (If right-handed) Hold your left hand out, palm up, hand cupped.
  • (If left handed) Hold your right hand out, palm up, hand cupped.
  • Hold the bottle upside down using your opposite hand, dispensing several drops into the cupped portion.
  • Turn the bottle back to the proper side, and set it on the counter, far enough away from the edge so that it won't fall off.
  • Rub your palms together lightly.
  • Move both palms on the surface of your face which was just shaved.
  • Pat your cheeks dry.
  • Screw the lid to the aftershave back on.
  • Set the aftershave back with your other scents.
  • Wash your hands.
  • Towel dry your hands.

As for colognes, you're right - it's been beaten into the ground many, many, many times. Searching topic titles for "cologne" brings us to this massive thread, which has over one thousand votes. Not 1,000 views (it has 11,000+), but votes. Apparently, the winner is Aqua Di Gio by Armani, with 294. The closest competitor is Cool Water by Davidoff. I prefer Issey Miyake, but it's not an option so I can't vote for it. My personal second favorite would be the poll winner, Aqua Di Gio. I also have the one Scout mentioned, Very Sexy (though now they have a Very Sexy²) by Victoria Secret. Then again, when it comes to cologne I'm a self-professed metrosexual, with over 12 different types. :rolleyes:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23334

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm curious when do you guys use cologne/aftershave? I tend to only bother when going clubbing or on dates.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cologne? Whenever I go anywhere... be it to the store, or on a date. Aftershave, whenever I remember - which isn't too often.

Reaction score
It's been a good day. As of this morning I have 7 different kinds of cologne/aftershave.

I have Obsession, Aramis, Chrome, Cool Water, Black, Abercrombie and Fitch (if you couldn't guess) and Reaction.

My favorite is Reaction. It's very fresh and reminds me of spring and fruit. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to last very long. Black is also very nice, as well as Cool Water.

I wear cologne to school, parties, and when I'm going out to see my friends, but not just to go to the store or to drive around town.

The only problem is that about half of these are in the type of bottle without the spray (i.e. the "aftershave" kind of bottle). I've been unsure of how to/how much of it to apply and I was actually coming on to search for answers. Glad this thread was made.

Bishop, would I apply cologne the way you described if it comes in the aftershave bottle? And how much coolwater should I put on? I hear it fades fast.

Last edited:

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I use soap. If you shower often enough you'll smell manly, and there's no danger of smelling like some other guy. It's all you, buddy :D

Check out www.trumpers.com and www.penhaligons.co.uk if you want to smell really different. They're old English perfumers with some very classic stuff. Trumper have an extract of West Indian Limes (their most famous scent) that's pricey but awesome - you can smell like Benjamin Disraeli or something. It's what I would wear if the £-$ exchange rate wasn't so awful.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neither,that sh!t is homo.I use soap and maybe lotion.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cologne and aftershave are homosexual? :rolleyes: My father uses them both, care to explain how I'm here today going by that line of reasoning?

Must be a cultural thing, I suppose.