Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cologne Tips

djshay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never neglect a women’s sense of smell. Cologne is key. Here are a few DON’Ts when it comes to your scent.
Don’t use too much: Squirt a fine mist into the air and walk into it, or just dab once behind each ear or in the neck area.
Don’t put it on your privates: Cologne will sting your balls. It will also be obvious that you expected something to happen.
Don’t clash scents: You don’t want a woman to pass out from your fumes. Try using both an unscented soap and an unscented deodorant while remaining loyal to one cologne.
Don’t overload on cologne related items: She’ll smell you coming from a block away.

You have to pick cologne that says something about you. Are you citrusy, woodsy, sweet, or spicy? Personally, I like Curve by Liz Claiborne, Coolwater by Davidoff, or Pleasures for Men by Estee Lauder. Try out differnt colognes and see which best expresses yourself.

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do we have any favorite colognes??
I like longitude, latitude by __________
I can't remember, any help?

Another good one is Tommy Fredom, or CK Contradiction.

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

Man Of Adventure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno bout you guys but I have been using Aspen from who knows...and girls have been telling me I smell real good.I can stick with it for awhile.

------------------
Whats this Man going to do now???Lets just find out. - Man Of Adventure

pulse

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its much much much much much more important that you smell clean before you worry about the cologne shizat.. lots of chicks like the smell of soap/clean whatever on a guy...

djshay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pulse you have a good point there. As for my favorite colognes I'd have to go with Cool Water, Polo Sport and Woods.

Chris121

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm telling you all that the best Cologne on the market right now is "Nautica Latitude Longitude"...

------------------
"The older you get the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin man. L-I-V-I-N."- Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chris121:
I'm telling you all that the best Cologne on the market right now is "Nautica Latitude Longitude"...

Thank you, thank you. I was looking for that name. I already mentioned it, I just couldn't remember that it was by Nautica. I agree 100%. It is the best cologne.

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

hydroponically inclined

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a bunch of colognes in my room. Friggin' expensive stuff too! Here's my tip: buy the small ones, if you like the response you get from it, finish the bottle and buy a big one after.

I have (In order of my purchase): Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger, Egoiste Platnum by Chanel, CK Contradiction, and Coolwater by Davidoff.

Tommy isn't even half empty yet, and I've had it for close to three years.

Another tip from me: Use one spray into the air infront of you, and walk into it. Don't squirt a bit onto each of your wrists. One spray only anymore and you're on overkill.

mastat45

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nautica's Longitude Latitude is VERY good, as well as Lauder PLeasures for Men. But if you emit your own "musk" that smells manly (manly, not stinky) you may wat to go with that, or just a nice smelling soap. But ALWAYS use only a little. Girls can smell things a lot better than men, so if you can't smell it on you, she probably can. I admit, I screwed up once and put on too much. When I got within 5 feet of a girl, I got "Wow, you smell good." No, this was bad. It meant I had on too much, just not in those words.

Ferni

Don Juan
Reaction score
TONS of girls I know LOVE "Aqua di Gio" by Giorgio Armani. The thing is, I always feel awkward, even to the point of slightly embarrassed to wear cologne--even if I know it makes me smell good. Why is that? Does any feel the same way, or am I just weird? I'm not shy in anyway.. in fact I'm extremely extroverted as person, but I feel awkward wearing cologne. Any thoughts? Also, some say you should just spray once in the air and walk into it. Others say you should put a tiny bit behind your ears and on your neck and wrists. Which way is better? Should you spray before you get dressed or after?

[This message has been edited by Ferni (edited 08-26-2001).]

pulse

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
spray before you get dressed, or after, depending on which you want to smell good... you or your clothes..

Spray no more than twice into a fan that is facing you, it should blow back the perfect amount

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl's favorite is Tommy. It drives her crazy when i wear it. I personally get alot of compliments with Cool Water or Hugo. Those are my favorite 3.

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta agree with all the Nautica L&L comments.

I usually just spray my cologne once near either side of my neck, but not in the front, after I'm dressed, right before I leave. Even after I can't smell it, girls that get close to me will tell me I smell good.

Two other colognes I like are Yang by Jacques....I don't know the rest of his name, and EBtek by Eddie Bauer

------------------
"Hesitation is like masturbation: in the end your only screwing yourself"

Ko-B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think spraying on your wrists and rubbing your wrists on your neck is a problem. That way, you get the most out of one squirt and the scent also lasts longer.

I have many bottles of cologne, but I use two main ones: a big bottle of Cool Water, and a tiny bottle of XS by Paco Rabanne. Cool Water stays in my bag and is put on before homeroom or before I go to a class with a fine chick in it. The tiny bottle of XS stays in my left pocket for emergency purposes You might say that this causes the two cologned to clash, well,I think not. I spray the Cool Water on my neck, and put on XS behind my ears and a little dap on the neck. Not enough to make the two clash greatly.

Sir_Chancealot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are two colognes to try out. Yes, they are expensive. They have been out for years, and most younger people aren't familiar with them.

The first is what I call a "party cologne". It is GREAT for parties, as it has a very strong scent. It is called "Aramis". There are a couple of warnings with this cologne, though. The first is it is VERY strong, so use sparingly. The second is that when you first put it on, it will smell terrible. After it dries, it's great. (You'll know what I mean when you try it).

The second cologne is absolutely KILLER. It is my cologne of choice. It is called "Drakkar". Women LOVE it. While wearing it, I have had women who were total strangers come up and tell me how good I smelled.

If you have to choose, take Drakkar.

DJBedford

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ferni, i know what you mean, but that's just because the last time i put cologne on, i almost killed everyone about ten feet away from me
. and djshay, sync started the original cologne thread! YOU THREAD STEALER
!!!!

hehehe, im in a good mood today

l8r all,
bedford

stickboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chris121:

Ok. I am really cheap!!! I like to try out the product before I buy it, and I havent used cologne that much. So this may sound stupid. But do they have any samples of it? Like that will work for about a week or so??? If so please tell me!!!

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey stickboy, just go to a magazine stand, and look for Maxim, Stuff, or some other men's magazine and there MIGHT be a lil scent page in one of those for Naut. Lat-Long. That was were I first smelt it, but I subscribe to Maxim...

------------------
"Hesitation is like masturbation: in the end your only screwing yourself"

stickboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But usually stores will give you a sample to try. I just wondering? I will ask, if not I will have to just smell it and then decide. I dont know if it is worth the 75 dollars canadain!