Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

college

oElS

Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of colleges do you think i could get into with a 93 gpa and 1370 sat?

Juggerr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bleh,
with the amount of grade inflation these days 3.9 gpa means **** diddly dum. Is that unweighted or weighted? If you're a well rounded student who took challenging classes, you're off to a great start in the rat race. Your sat's are good enough to be in the median figures for the better schools. However, don't expect to get in to harvard based on that... they get 3x the amount of students applying with the same or better stats than they have in their applicant pool.
You should post what classes you took if you want to paint a more accurate picture of how strong a student you are, i.e. number of aps, honors, or ibs you took.
Check out www.collegeboard.com for their college search. You might also want to go to your library and get the Fisk's college guide.
Try to visit the colleges you want to attend during your next vacation... i.e. check out the nightlife, food, diversity, student to professor ratio, majors offered, etc etc...
You should be elgible to receive merit based scholarships, so when you fill out your applications, don't forget to fill out your fafsa form.

With a good set of gpa and sat like you have... you should be able to get into all schools except for the exclusive ivy leaguers and stanford... since theres just so many damn over achievers out there.

oElS

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive taken 4 aps, plan on taking 4 more senior year, recieved a 4 on the one i took last year, by the way, does anyone know how you try out for a college team like lets say div. 1 tennis

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might wanna check out Washington University in St. Louis, where I'm currently a freshman. U.S. News and World Report's ranked our undergrad program 9th in the country but we're also a great party school. The website is www.wustl.edu or you can PM me if you have any questions.

imnexthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends where you want to go and for what. Unless you are rich the big trade off will be cost vs. prestige. With grades and testing like that getting large (possibly 75% or more) scholarships at a good school or you could get into an almost Ivy League such as Brandeis but with very little if any money. Personally, I think student loans are the work of Satan so I took the big money.

Juggerr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Contact the athletic department of your college of choice, usually if you're actually okay and not a dreamer a scout will come out. All sports are different so just get in contact w/a coach.
Yup, you've got a good combo of grades + extra curicular you should be able to hit some nice scholarships.

SnatchJP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Talk to a college counselor. They can give you information on good school depending on your credentials.

Based on what you've got, you're pretty much in at any state-level schools you'd apply to. I'd look around at liberal arts schools and maybe even a couple ivies if you're so inclined.

Once you get to the ivies though, gpa and sats will neither help, nor hinder you. Once you have good grades and test scores, admission is based on sheer luck. This year Yale said they selected only one fifth of the applicants who were "good enough" to get in because of class size limitations. They couldn't pick the best because there was no clear group that was the best. So they had to accept and decline based on almost random statistics like location and race, future majors, etc to make a diverse freshman class.

Beyond luck, you want to rack up good essays, reccomendation letters and extracurricular activities.

Just as an example, I go to a small private high school with all-honors courses. (Nobody has ever graduated with a 4.0, the work is too hard.) I had a 3.8 GPA and an SAT of 1490. (700 math, 790 verbal)

I was rejected by Harvard and Stanford, waitlisted by Amhesrt and Pomona (who was oddly enough statistically more selective than Harvard this year), accepted flat by University of Chicago, Oberlin and Reed, and accepted with a $10,000 annual merit scholarship to Occidental. Many of the desicions would have been different had my reccomendations, essay, and extracurriculars been different.

Once again, talk to your school's college or guidance counselor. They can help you build an application.

Oh and apply to schools like Harvard even if you don't think you'll get in. You may have only about a 5% chance if you apply, but you'll have exactly a 0% chance if you don't.