College Starts Tomorrow

Bluesteak

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is any better openers for talking to girls in my new classes because there will most likely be alot of HBs, but I don't want to use the standard "Hi, my name is bluesteak, whats yours?"

Columbia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluesteak said:
I don't want to use the standard "Hi, my name is bluesteak, whats yours?"
Why not?

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluesteak said:
I was just wondering if there is any better openers for talking to girls in my new classes because there will most likely be alot of HBs, but I don't want to use the standard "Hi, my name is bluesteak, whats yours?"
You don't want to be that guy who introduces himself to everyone on the first day of class. That guy comes on a little too strong.

What I used to do was, come in a little bit late, make kind of an entrance and sit down near one of the hot girls in the class. Just ask her what dorm she lives in or something like that. No need to creative, and no need to rush anything by getting her number or anything like that. You'll see her every time you have class. Just keep talking to her and build a rapport with her.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluesteak said:
thing is, its not really "standard" cus most guys wont even do that

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Classes are different than the random meetings we have elsewhere, instead of having maybe 30 minutes with them to work your magic, you've got an entire semester to work your charm.

That being said, don't dawdle, introduce yourself as opportunites come, and make sure to get noticed.

I'd also check out the competition. chances are there's another PUA or DJ in training and you want to recognize them quickly..

Snakk3

Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with MikeYikes122 and Aragon034, don't need to be creative and start aproaching her to get her number so soon etc

you can start by saying to that hot girl something like "i heard that his exams are easy" just to make contact

i've read some college articles around here\other foruns about that. search

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
You don't want to be that guy who introduces himself to everyone on the first day of class. That guy comes on a little too strong.
I disagree. What's so strong about saying hi to everyone?. Still being in school, i actually went even stronger by being direct in class. Girls like it alot. This is from personal experience. I was a freshman and people thought i was an upper classman cuz of this. Be that guy that introduces urself to the people seated around u. Other guys are worrying "Will it be too strong?" too. Be the exception.

What I used to do was, come in a little bit late, make kind of an entrance and sit down near one of the hot girls in the class. Just ask her what dorm she lives in or something like that. No need to creative, and no need to rush anything by getting her number or anything like that. You'll see her every time you have class. Just keep talking to her and build a rapport with her.
This i agree with except u can be to the point. U dont' have to be indirect like this. U can just talk to her w/o even worrying about classes or what not.

My advice and only criticize if u tried this. Go sit right next to the girl u want. U tell her that ur sitting here cuz u find her real cute, and that u will talk to her now. She'll light up, trust me. Then just talk to her about what u can think of: Classes, being a freshmen, where u both from, about her, etc.
Try it. This is the best one imo, why try everything else? U want her to know u like what u see with the risk of her not returning ur interests. Thats confidence rather than playing it safe, "hoping" she'll like u.

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
snakk33, if there are lots of honeys. U have alot to work with and it doesn't matter if u mess 1 up. Got alot more in class to work through. Sure u can game a girl overtime before going in for the kill, but what about the other ones? what if one falls through? I say game multiple over time. :) but soon, meet up with them.

mtlwlu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember last year in university, my 2nd year. I sat beside a girl and didnt even really pay attention to what she looked like, since I came in from the back of the classroom, anyways long story short I acted completely natural and she is one of the hottest girls i know at the school and works for coors as one of those promo girls. Shes definately a great girl to have at the bar, makes picking up sooo much easier.

My advice go sit beside a girl (hopefully alone not with her dorm roommate or a friend)and just introduce yourself and ask the basic questions. Also if you forget her name, practice your "autograph" and then say "can you do better" that way shell write her name down for you and u can add her to facebook or whatever. worked for me everytime Ive tried it.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJoseCantosie said:
I disagree. What's so strong about saying hi to everyone?. Still being in school, i actually went even stronger by being direct in class. Girls like it alot. This is from personal experience. I was a freshman and people thought i was an upper classman cuz of this. Be that guy that introduces urself to the people seated around u. Other guys are worrying "Will it be too strong?" too. Be the exception.
You can get away with doing that without coming on too strong, but you have to be very nonchalant about it. Don't immediately spring out of your chair and shake the hand of the first person that walks in the room and sits near you. Stay real laidback if you're going to do a formal introduction like that. Keep it cool and try to strike up a conversation with small talk first.

Still, I think the best idea is to just make small talk with the people around you about the class, what's going on around campus and things like that. You have the whole semester to introduce yourself to these people and get to know them. Why rush things?

I remember I had an English class with a kid who I always suspected of being on this site. He did a lot of the things that this site endorses and took some of the DJ Bible teachings way too literally. On the first day of class, he introduced himself to all the hot girls. It was a Comp 101 class of about 20-people, five of them were hot girls. He walked up and down the aisles and introduced himself first to the hot girls, then to the other people. He looked like a clown.

I would really recommend playing it cool the first day.

A real good way to get to know girls in your classes is when you see them outside of class. If one is standing in front of you in line at the bookstore or something, tap her on the shoulder and ask her if she has class with you. That's a good way to introduce yourself and break the ice.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJoseCantosie said:
My advice and only criticize if u tried this. Go sit right next to the girl u want. U tell her that ur sitting here cuz u find her real cute, and that u will talk to her now. She'll light up, trust me. Then just talk to her about what u can think of: Classes, being a freshmen, where u both from, about her, etc.
Try it. This is the best one imo, why try everything else? U want her to know u like what u see with the risk of her not returning ur interests. Thats confidence rather than playing it safe, "hoping" she'll like u.
Only do this in a big lecture with 100s of people. Don't do this in a small discussion class. Again, you will look like a clown if you walk into a small class the first day and bust out of the gate with something this strong. Not only will you weird the girl out, but you'll weird out everyone in your class sitting within earshot.

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
Only do this in a big lecture with 100s of people. Don't do this in a small discussion class. Again, you will look like a clown if you walk into a small class the first day and bust out of the gate with something this strong. Not only will you weird the girl out, but you'll weird out everyone in your class sitting within earshot.
And why can't u do this in a small discussion class? How will u look like a clown? Why would people in the class care? Is this something u've experienced and know for sure or is it assumptions? :). From my experience, people will look in a positive light. Thats the worst that will happen, but guess what? Doing this will have the girls show more interest. They'll be showing even more interest cuz u look like ur good with women by talking to a hot girl. She'll be very receptive or shy, either or are good. How in the world would it weird everyone out? All ur doing is sitting down on a seat next to a girl, doing it cuz u think she's cute, she knows this, u talk to her. yes its weird but its good that its weird that it sets u apart from guys who are too afraid to.

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
You can get away with doing that without coming on too strong, but you have to be very nonchalant about it. Don't immediately spring out of your chair and shake the hand of the first person that walks in the room and sits near you. Stay real laidback if you're going to do a formal introduction like that. Keep it cool and try to strike up a conversation with small talk first.
Thats def going overboared. lol. If its a dude, or people u want to meet. yep, i agree. But don't have to be so laid back to the point ur about to fall asleep.lol. Also if its a girl, if u don't care for small talk...why even do it?

Still, I think the best idea is to just make small talk with the people around you about the class, what's going on around campus and things like that. You have the whole semester to introduce yourself to these people and get to know them. Why rush things?
Yea, i agree here.

I remember I had an English class with a kid who I always suspected of being on this site. He did a lot of the things that this site endorses and took some of the DJ Bible teachings way too literally. On the first day of class, he introduced himself to all the hot girls. It was a Comp 101 class of about 20-people, five of them were hot girls. He walked up and down the aisles and introduced himself first to the hot girls, then to the other people. He looked like a clown.
oh this is what u were talking about by "trying too hard" ok, i understand now. What i was saying was, if ur seated down and people are sitting near u, to strike up conversation and not be shy to sit next to girls.

I would really recommend playing it cool the first day.

A real good way to get to know girls in your classes is when you see them outside of class. If one is standing in front of you in line at the bookstore or something, tap her on the shoulder and ask her if she has class with you. That's a good way to introduce yourself and break the ice.
Can do that during class. Don't have to wait. But remember, some girls drop classes. There was this one girl whom i decided to wait gaming and she was the hottest, but guess what? She dropped the class. If only i had talked to her the first day, things could've been different. Topic creator, here's something u should do. Every time u arrive in class, sit next to a girl u like each class for a bit. This will increase ur chances of getting with one from class. In a small discussion class, it might not be as easy as there could be assigned seats and u can run out fast. But lecture hall is def easy cuz there are so many of them. If one doesn't work out, move on to the next.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to interject for a brief moment,

You're going to school to study.

• Don't show up late, it pisses off professors.
  • Don't make women your priority, they're a distraction.
  • Get involved with as many campus activities as you can handle
  • Never take a chick too seriously, most women in college aren't there to become high net worth individuals.

This is not to say that methods posted here do not work, they very much can, but they shouldn't be done at the cost of your livelihood.

What college are you going to OP?

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJoseCantosie said:
And why can't u do this in a small discussion class? How will u look like a clown? Why would people in the class care? Is this something u've experienced and know for sure or is it assumptions? :). From my experience, people will look in a positive light. Thats the worst that will happen, but guess what? Doing this will have the girls show more interest. They'll be showing even more interest cuz u look like ur good with women by talking to a hot girl. She'll be very receptive or shy, either or are good. How in the world would it weird everyone out? All ur doing is sitting down on a seat next to a girl, doing it cuz u think she's cute, she knows this, u talk to her. yes its weird but its good that its weird that it sets u apart from guys who are too afraid to.
Direct game is fine and it works for a lot of guys, but it's not something you should practice in a small discussion class with 15 people. If you sit down in a small class like that and say something like "hey, I think you're cute. I want to get to know you" to a girl, other people in the class will hear you and you will trigger all her anti-slut defenses. She will know others are listening and will be wary of that.

And what if this backfires on you, and she tells you to piss off or that she has a boyfriend? You'll have that little gaffe hanging over your head all semester. That could make group work awkward and it could even inhibit your game with other chicks in the class.

Direct game is great and it does work for some guys. But it's called direct game for a reason, because it is very direct and to the point. It doesn't waste any time at all. That said, there's no need to bust it out in a small discussion class because you have all freakin semester to get to know a girl and make your intentions known. No need to rush anything with a line like "Hey you're cute. I want to get to know you." Don't tell her you want to get to know her, just make an effort to get to know her.

This would be alright to do in a large lecture class because there's no group work and the setting is less personable. A large lecture class is more like a public setting, so you're more or less just cold approaching. In fact, I wish I would have tried more direct game in lecture classes when I was in college. My game was weakest in classes with tons of people. I could open, but it was just too hard to build a rapport.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluesteak said:
The specific opener really doesn't even matter. It's all the subcommunication behind it. Have good subcommunication and confidence and you can probably say anything to her and still get a good response. But lol I was just at my college today(Technically yesterday since it's past 12:00), and I mostly just opened either high fiving the chicks or simply saying hi and got good results. College starts today for me.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, this is a really good thread because I think too many guys don't bother to try to meet chicks in class. Class is a great place to meet girls. I'd say the majority of girls I got with in college I met in class.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really in college you can meet girls anywhere though. You can even walk up to girls walking to class and talk to them. I did this a few times today, where I'd walk up to a walking set and they'd stop as I started talking to them. If your college has like just a chill center or something like mine, with activities and such, a lot of chicks will hang out here too.

lazikia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had NO luck in college. The one piece of advice I can give you is to focus on your personality and not your looks. But I guess that is obvious advice.

Also, Neil Strauss had no luck in college either and he went to an all-girl school. I hope that inspires you.