College Rommate bringing me down

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
College is awesome, except for a few things. First of all it's real hard to get into parties as freshman. But I know the solution to that, guy/girl ratio, I'm working on that...

Second problem I'm having real trouble making friends with girls IN my dorm. It's real hard when you have a roommate like I have. Goofy, nerdy, boring, awkward are a few things that describe him. I mean real nice kid, but he follows me everywhere and people are starting to associate him with me. I brought him tailgating with some of my friends from high school before a football game and they just laughed at him. Ugh, there are these girls in my dorm that came by the other day and told us we "should come out of our shells" and come out because they never see us. It was like they were trying to help us out socially or something. It felt pathetic. Anyway in terms of a wingman, he's worthless. Sucks because I'm trying to get into some kind of group in my dorm. I feel like I'm on the outside a little bit. Kids I made friends with on the first floor I hardly ever see and it feels like we are drifting away a little.

Another thing I noticed is it's real hard actually living with girls on your floor. I feel like I got to be at my best at all times. I have no time to relax and walk around without being all uptight about my appearance or mood. Damn that part sucks.

hell695

Don Juan
Reaction score
well first of all is about the room how is he stoping you from approaching girl hell having him around might be good to show ppl that you dont judge on appearance second is you dont have be a uber dj all the time girls will expect you to be human

WalkingStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can't get rid of him, change him.

Teach him the ways of the DJ and the two of you will have glorious conquest.

Otherwise, you're just gonna have to go out without him.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
walking around being uptight about your appearance is why they think you are in your shell...not because of your roomate. you might be coming off as try hard. relax.

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
walking around being uptight about your appearance is why they think you are in your shell...not because of your roomate. you might be coming off as try hard. relax.
No, no they think that because they said it felt like they've never even seen us before. They never seen him because he always stays in the room. They never seen me because I was home for half a week for my grandmas funeral and I have friends on other campuses I hang out with. So I'm really only in my dorm when I am either doing my homework, watching a game, eating or sleeping. All these times I have the door closed because I don't want to be disturbed. Other than that, you would see him and me go to the dining hall or the gym together. Or he even follows me when I try to go out with my other friends.

I'm not trying hard at all, infact I'd rather people not see me in the morning walking across the hall with dried acne cream all over my face or all cranky because I have to wake up for a 755 class.