Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

College questions for next year. Ask here.

the suave juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just for any of you upcoming freshmen like I was this year. I figured some of yall might have some questions so if so, feel free and shoot. I'll probably post a pretty lengthy post in awhile encompassing what to do and not your freshmen year from my experiences.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll contribute too if anyone feels like asking... heh

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to college next year..clean slate and can begin fresh with all of my accumulated DJ knowledge.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freshman year ends for me in like four days... so any questions... fire away, or you can always just PM me.

There is no spoon...

Too_Pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a question

What kinds of classes do you recomend. I'm not sure of my major right now, but isn't GE the same for everyone.

How many credit hours should I take? I don't want a very hard schedule, but not an extremly easy one.

Spikes

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you do with a chick you have been dating from high school once you move on to college? Is it best to end it and move on, or keep the relationship going if you are not going to be too far from each other.

Thanks

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many credit hours should I take? I don't want a very hard schedule, but not an extremly easy one.
I think most schools are the same on this one, and all the difference comes in whether it's a semester or a quarter system. Let me start with quarter, cause that's what I'm on. I normally take 16 units, which is 4 classes a quarter. The quarter is 10 weeks, and goes really fast. Before you know it you're taking midterms and finals. However, a recommendation is to take 12 units (3 classes) your first quarter because you're making a transition to college. I took 16, but 2 of them were pass/no pass which helped tremendously. That's another thing to look into... see if your school offers pass/no pass and which classes you can take that way (and how many!). Normally, with pass/no pass, you can get a C or above and pass the class, but it doesn't get factored into your GPA.

With the semester system, I think they take 6 classes a semester, which kinda makes the first one a little tough. I'd recommend 5 for your first semester, because of that transition, but I don't know.... lots of times the university will have some recommendations

What kinds of classes do you recomend. I'm not sure of my major right now, but isn't GE the same for everyone.
Kinda depends on your school... Some have more GE's than others. I'd say, to start off... go for about 2 GE's and then take classes that interest you... The idea is, if you dabble around, you can declare your major, and then you've done many of the GE's in the process.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you do with a chick you have been dating from high school once you move on to college? Is it best to end it and move on, or keep the relationship going if you are not going to be too far from each other.
That's up to you. Depends on how far you are. I'm dating my gf from high school, and like everyone says, if you're the kind of guy that wants more than one girl at once, that's the perfect opportunity. However, I respect my gf too much to do that to her, so I'm exclusive right now.

I try to make it down to see her about 2 times a month... it's a 5 hour train ride each way ( about 3:30 - 4 hours by car) so it's not really that far to go for just the weekend. Besides, on the train I can plug in my laptop, and I actually get more work done than if I was up here. I think it gives me a chance to balance the parties and work a little easier, and my family misses me while I'm gone as well.

So... the 3 basic things you need for it to work
A) TRUST - Prolly the biggest factor, you need to be able to trust each other to not do things that the other person would not approve of. I leave that open to interpretation.

B) Motivation - you have to WANT to come down to see her a few times. If you look at many of the tips around here, they mention keeping yourself "unavailable." Well, being away is a kind of permanent unavailibility, and it can make the times you share more special.

C) Belief - You have to believe that she is worth it. There will be tons of hotties in college, but to get them you'd have to do extra work. Is she special enough to you that you will turn down the drunk, loose women in college? Will you make the committment? Will you break her heart? These are questions to use to judge whether or not to keep it going...

hope that helps.

the suave juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
In terms of the question about how many classes to take I would recommend taking somewhere between 12 hours(4 classes) to 15(5). Twelve is probably the best for first semester since youre going to be getting used to having to get all over the place in a span of 15 minutes if you have classes back to back. As what type of classes I would just recommend getting your core required classes such as your first math, poli. sci if necessary, english, and maybe a science so you can get adjusted to how courses work in college. That way when you decide your major you won't have taken classes that won't help towards graduation.

As for the girlfriend thing, depends on a few factors. First how much you care about her, secondly how far apart you'll be, and third if you can handle staying with one person. In college, how many women you hook up with depends on two factors, how much game you have, and in alot of cases alcohol. Girls are much more willing to have random hookups and be ****buddies than in high school because their parents aren't around anymore. If you have some game and are going to be far away from her with none of her friends around then you might want to get the best of both worlds and keep her while hooking up and dating with other girls. If you care about her alot then try staying with her for awhile and if you get sick of it you can dump her then, but otherwise if its not serious you might just wanna consider dumping her sooner, but the final choice is up to you. Most likely you should stick with her until you get there and then decide where to go from there because guys with girlfriends get alot more puss y than guys who don't for the most part (not universally true but the point im trying to make is why give up something guaranteed when nothing else is sure yet).

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was always wondering why so many people flunk college, im going to a party school (not Arizona state, but party enough) but i am going to get and education, not just party. Im not a huge party animal in HIgh school, but i enjoy going out. I just hope i wont get mixed up into all the parties.

So, after me ranting, tell me , why the hell do more than 50% of college students fail?

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
So, after me ranting, tell me , why the hell do more than 50% of college students fail?
Because people are away from home and don't have daddy watching over them all the time. I college I attend last year had only a 53% grad rate.

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting post.

For $500, I ask:

What's the deal with applying to be a sophomore instead of a freshman? I heard it has to do with AP credits etc. Pros? Cons? How many people do it and is it a wise decision?

Thanks in advance.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as applying as a sophomore goes, I'm not sure if it has any effect on your application weight. I think it just letts them know that you have AP credits and you want to use them...

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bust.it
Interesting post.

For $500, I ask:

What's the deal with applying to be a sophomore instead of a freshman? I heard it has to do with AP credits etc. Pros? Cons? How many people do it and is it a wise decision?

Thanks in advance.
I'm still a senior in High School but I take some college classes anyway. I think the idea behind all that is if you have at least 30 credit hours prior to applying to college, since it's 30 credit hours per year assuming you go at the so-called "regular" pace. It could be AP credits, but it could also include college classes you've taken while in High School.

BTW....college classes require MUCH more studying for each hour in class, since you're in class less often. 15 credit hours for a semester means only 15 hours a week in class. But do you really think that's all the time you're going to spend(rhetorical)? If so, then think again. I think it's not unreasonable to use TWO hours of study for each hour of class time (at least I heard that somewhere, and from my experience that makes sense).

I don't know about all of you, but I'm only going to take 12 credit hours this fall (6 this summer, but condensed classes will feel like 12 since summer classes are shorter). Plus I also have to adjust to working full-time so if you have to do that remember that you have to factor that in too. However, if you're one of those lucky ba$tards who doesn't have to hold down a job, then there's no excuse not to take 15 or even more since you don't have to do anything else on top of that.

But......if you're holding down a job, seriously consider taking a lighter load the first semester and taking a class the following summer to make it up. I haven't done that myself but I HAVE taken college classes before, so I feel sure in what I say.

Hope that helps,

Ben