College Party

Another AFC

Reaction score
I promised myself I would go to a college party this weekend. I am a frashman and hardly know anyone. I haven't made any friends yet so this is the hard part. I dont have anyone to go with! I am thinking maybe going alone isn't the best idea since it's a long walk and I don't want to walk up alone. I also really don't want to ask to tag along with some people as no one wants someone to tag along. I used to be really shy but I have pretty much over come that. However I have only been to two parties in my life. I wasn't popular in high school. So far I have been rushing fraternities instead of going to parties. I don't really want to go through the pledge process. I don't really like any of the fraternities either as they are all beer and football etc and I would probably end up an alcoholic. Anyway I don't want to break my promise to myself. Any suggestions of how to go to this party without looking like a loner?

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well how did you hear about it? Someone must have invited you so tag along with them. Otherwise just take the plunge, turn up, get chatting. Bring some booze and cigarettes and you'll have no shortage of friends.

When I was at college you could pretty much turn up at any party and you'd find either someone you knew, or someone from your course/hall of residence/sports team/club etc you could chat to.

Even people you don't know will probably chat to you once they've had a few drinks so don't sweat it.

Read the DJ bible on cold approaches too.

Another AFC

Reaction score
My university actually has a website where you can find out where the parties are. So no one invited me...

Jay_VCU

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't know anyone, this party is a good chance to show how fun you are. Meet some people.

fan27

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am sure there are plenty of new students at your school that are in the same situation. I also bet that some of those students will be at the party. One good strategy would be to approach people at the party who are standing by themselves or maybe with 1 other person. that way, you are doing them a favor by giving them some company (instead of themselves standing around looking like a "loner").

Good Luck

njitalstalian

Don Juan
Reaction score
IF YA live in a dorm see where ya neighbors are goin and just ask if u can go with them... this is gunna be the best 4 yrs of ya life so dont waste any time... get out there, meet some new ppl and startin PIMPIN brotha!!!!

stevek1977

Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with everyone that has already posted! go make friends, and make friends as quickly as possible. go with someone from your dorm, from class, just go.