Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

College Football

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Less than a month left until the kickoff. Last year was unpredictable and crazy. Let's see how things cool off this year (or get even crazier).

I'm an SEC fan. They are the most well-rounded conference in college football right now with LSU, Kentucky, Georgia, Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi State, etc...

LSU has a tough year ahead with Perrilloux gone. I highly doubt that LSU will make it to nationals again (they caught a lucky break last season). The main date and game to watch out for (more important for Georgia though) is 10/25 when they host Georgia.

Speaking of Georgia, their schedule is pretty rough too but that has always been the case (and another reason why SEC is the best conference).

Florida on the other hand might actually be just as close, if not closer, to the national title than Georgia. Their only tough games will be on 10/11 hosting LSU and 11/1 at Georgia. Although I'm certain that they can handle now-weakened LSU, but Georgia could go either way.

Third time is the charm. We will see how well Ohio State can prove that phrase correct. The most hyped up regular season game this year will be on 9/13 at USC. Rest of their schedule is pretty easy so long as they can avoid getting beaten by Illinois again. Ohio State will definitely be in the national title game again but it will be a matter of either handling Georgia's (hopefully) remodeled offense or Florida's amazing ability to beat teams with high wins record.

BTW, Juice Williams is an excellent name! Apart from a cool name, his throwing arm has supposedly improved and the offense should be even more devastating this year. Their schedule is a tough since they face Missouri right away on 8/30, Wisconsin on 10/25, and Ohio State on 11/15. Those are going to be some important games for Illinois and Juice.

With that being said, I don't pick favorite teams. I only pick favorite conferences. There are too many good teams battling it out in SEC alone for me to single out and pick one or two teams as favorites. On the other hand, Ohio State is a fantastic team that should definitely join SEC if they want to improve their program dramatically.

So, discuss. And see you at the end zone.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard it said in different places and I'll say it here. The best team with the easiest path to the NC game is:

Oklahoma.

Texas and Mizzou are the only real blips on their radar. Kansas is still a while from making real noise in the big 12.

I am a Michigan fan, and love most Big 10 teams. However, I don't see Wisky competing. You need a good QB to be a BCS team. They do not have a proven QB. Neither does Penn State. the Illini, on the other hand, lack a proven RB with Mendenhall gone.

Ohio State is going to USC in September. You can count the number of times USC lost at home since 2000 on one hand. the Trojans have not been the same juggernaut they used to be since the Vince Young upset, but they are still cfb's most talented team.

Florida? I don't see it. Michigan tore their defense a new *******. Defensive coordinators across the SEC will be looking at that game to figure out how to stop Tebow and Harvin. Sure, they have some RB's now, but I don't see them making it to the SEC championship.

I also think Ole miss is gonna be the 2008 season's surprise team.

Auburn and West Virginia play each other in October. If WVU can get past them and South Florida, which has gotten the best of them in the last 2 years, they MIGHT make it to the NC game. A Big East champ does not have the same argument to the NC as a SEC Champ.

Mizzou is an underdog, and Georgia has it's work cut out.

Which brings us back to the Sooners.

God, do I love college football season...

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
19 more days man...19 more days...

I was expecting more college football fans on here though...

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm getting a hard on just thinking about it...

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One more week!

One more week!

:cheer:

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, how about that USC upset last night? Hard to believe that a team who had whupped OSU couple of weeks ago got run all over the place by a 170 pound running back (Rodgers) even when Oregon State had a terrible rookie kicker who couldn't kick for sh!t....

Oregon State...the same team that PSU whupped a week ago...

How far down do you think USC will drop in rankings? Since the media is OBSESSED with USC for some reason, I don't think they will drop anything lower than top 5 though....even though they should drop by more than top 10...

PSU vs. Illinois & Georgia vs. Alabama are two games I'm definitely watching this Saturday....should be very interesting....

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, looks like it'll be Florida (because they'll beat Alabam in SEC title game) vs. Texas Tech (Oklahoma doesn't stand a chance against Harrell/Crabtree combo) for the BCS national game.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope UA pulls out a miracle and beats Florida.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
I hope UA pulls out a miracle and beats Florida.
Dont see that happening.After that loss to Miss., gators have not only beat, but destroyed every opponent they faced. I thoroughly enjoyed the smackdown they put on georgia, after the circus georgia team put on last year.

I would love to see TT and gators for the national title game, would be the best game of the year, by far.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Florida/Texas Tech might end up being 65-61 or something, not sure who'd win, they are both scary good when clicking.

I personally want Florida to pillage Alabama and take their women. They are the ****iest, most delusional fan base in the country by far. Nothing is ever good enough. No one likes Alabama, if they aren't an Alabama fan by default. And don't think for a minute you have to have a tie to the school to be an Alabama fan. Their biggest fans have seen nothing of the college except the football stadium, the interstate next to it, and the Hooters/Cici's Pizza Buffet on the other side of the interstate.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Florida/Texas Tech might end up being 65-61 or something, not sure who'd win, they are both scary good when clicking.

I personally want Florida to pillage Alabama and take their women. They are the ****iest, most delusional fan base in the country by far. Nothing is ever good enough. No one likes Alabama, if they aren't an Alabama fan by default. And don't think for a minute you have to have a tie to the school to be an Alabama fan. Their biggest fans have seen nothing of the college except the football stadium, the interstate next to it, and the Hooters/Cici's Pizza Buffet on the other side of the interstate.

Sadly enough that last part is true for a lot of people.

I have to disagree about the most delusional fan base though. I also like ND and I've gotta say Notre Dame probably has the ****iest most delusional fan base.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
65-61 for a BCS game, huh? I guess that could happen but boy you really didn't give either of the defense much credit there. 'Bama is a little overrated though. But no matter, Florida will take care of them soon. :D

jtrain 289

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Colt Mccoy Colt Mccoy Colt Mccoy Colt Mccoy Colt Mccoy

jtrain 289

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Florida beats alabama. oklahoma beats texas tech Florida vs Texas in national championship Texas wins