Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Colds

WrEcKLeSS2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there any way to prevent catching colds too often?? I mean i just caught a cold within 5 months of a cold that i had before...generally i go a while before i catch another cold...I know there are sick people everywhere but are there any ways to lower the risk of catching a cold...

Remember a healthy and fit Don Juan feels great but a sick Don Juan is just out of it for a few days...

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wash your hands more often than usual, and don't put them near your mouth and nose. Uhm.. there's not much you can do to not catch a cold. Be sure to dress for the weather (hat, gloves, good coat, etc) too. Vitamin C is good, too, I think. Be sure to eat right and get enough vitamins--a multivitamin a day is good-- so your system is running great and viruses can't get in.

Or, you can waste some money on those cold/flu shots.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vitamin C is the best answer. Megadoses though.

If you feel the onset of a cold coming on take alot of vitamin C (as much as 5 gms that day), but watch out it can give you diarrhea if you take too much.

Best way to use it. Take several .5 gm doses throughout the day.

I avoided a cold all last year because whenever I felt the slightest sore throat (which is the start of it for me) I took vitamin C and downed tons of water.

In fact for the last week I've been doing just that, and I feel great!

Apollo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ricky, your body can only use so much Vitamin C any excess that you take you just piss out. More than likely the way you prevented your sore throat was by drinking alot of water.

A good way to get rid of a cold is to drink some hot water, lemon flavored to help it taste better (Neo Citrain) before you goto bed and try to get a few extra hours of sleep that night.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the jury is still out on Vitamin C. There are a range of a studies that suggest megadoses of vitamin C stimulate enhanced immune function, and I'm sure some that dispute it.

It works for me. I do agree that you excrete the excess. I will look up some info on that again. I think I read that you can only handle 500 mg at a time (but the time interval I will have to review and get back to you) and then a portion of an additional dose.

But don't hesitate to try megadoses of vitamin C, it's cheap, but buildup to it slowly because it will give you diarrhea if you aren't used to large doses at first. Then as you get more used to it, your body can handle it better.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cold is a virus. you can have it in you for few years undetected,cause your immune system keeps it from actin up. once you freeze your ass off in cold weather, your immune system is weakened and this virus takes over. just dress weather-appropriate and take more vitamin C than usual in cold months.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just thought of this. Why don't you keep getting the same cold again? Your body must fight that possible type of virus to where it doesn't act up again, kind of like chicken pox.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
I just thought of this. Why don't you keep getting the same cold again? Your body must fight that possible type of virus to where it doesn't act up again, kind of like chicken pox.
Since the cold is a polymorphic virus--that means it changes form all the time, like AIDS-- there's no all-time vaccine against it. It's also why your body can't fight all cold viruses. It's the principle of vaccines: your immune system recognizes the virus (the first time it takes a while, then it's instantaneous) so it destroys it. Since a particular strand of the cold is destroyed, it forms another that isn't known to the body. Ultimate survival.

Isn't nature great?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah there are several varieties of the cold virus.

So when your body gets rid of one, you won't get that particular type, but you can obviously get another right?

The whole point is that the one particular type of cold is gone right?

I swear this has happened to me. I had one cold, got rid of it but a family member got it, then I got it back. But probably what happened is that they got a cold from someone else and I was getting that particular viral type of cold.

Well in any event. Vitamin C and tons of water. Seriously try it!

Rashad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take Ehinacea.. either a spray or pill etc..

I market an excellent Echinacea spray that actually tastes good too.