"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Cold pickup, surprising success

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
537
Reaction score
0
I had one of my most surprising successes last evening. I was tired, unshaven, hadn't even brushed my hair (I'd spent 2 nights on a train). I saw a girl getting off the train, so I asked simply "Are you single?".

She must've been because I'm going ice-skating with her this Friday....

And to think, the only time when I normally manage a cold pickup is when I'm alert, funny, and quick. Last night I was tired, smelly, gave off one-line sentences, and probably had a stupid expression. And the girl was better than what I could usually manage.

I must either be improving, or else she wants to kidnap and use me for deoderant experiments.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
537
Reaction score
0
Well its real enough, I called today to confirm it (and to find out if it was real, or just a fatigue-induced hallucination).

Its not the numbers or the girl I'm surprised about, its the fact that I end up with a HUGE number of rejections doing cold pickups while alert and doing well (less than 5% chance success), and then getting one while I'm half-asleep and dribbling on my shirt.
 

waldo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
UK
That's life for you!.

Recently I've found that I tend to bump into girls I like/girls I know when I'm least ready for it, I'll spend hours sharking around looking my best, on top form etc and get nowhere.

For example just the other week I had to get up early to take a driving test, I missed the bus and so walked round town looking like something from Dawn of the Dead for an hour..... who do I bump into, yup one of the hottest girls in town, I was unshaven, tired and totally unprepared for it.

Likewise the other day I had to get up early to meet someone, who do I see, yep only a girl I've been looking to bump into for about 6 months!. The morale of the story being if you just get on with normal things girls tend to bump into you, whereas try and actually go out to meet them and they're nowhere to be found.

Note: In both of these stories the girls bumped into me early in the morning, anyone out there who wants to meet girls should try 8-11am, from my experience girls are happier talking to strangers in the morning, rather than say late evening time.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Top