Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

cold approaching vs social circle ?

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never cold approached before,but wouldn't it be easier than to spend years trying to get your social circles with women in them? What method is more efficient I guess for your ego and pride?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ego and pride have no place in cold approaching. If you let either of these dictate how you are feeling, you'll likely continue to crash after your first rejection or two (and we all get these). Of course, if you get a bite, this could boost your confidence projection, but it's better to just go in feeling confident without this dependency.

With cold approaching, your visual appearance plays a bigger 1st impression role (her emotions have yet to take root) .

With a social circle, there's a better chance at hooking her on some emotional type level - there's already some form of familiarity (she's either seen you before and/or you know the same people).

A lot will depend on your angle (working with what you got). Personally speaking, I'm no longer the handsome mid 20's male any longer. I'm probably more charismatic than a seducer and so, I do better with women that have some familiarity with me .. or in a place where I can turn it up gradually.

Do some self-evaluation and focus on your strengths and also your best suited environment.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
It's not easier, in fact it is a lot harder. With cold approach It's all about volume. Some guys need to approach hundreds of women before getting a single lay.

The good thing about it is, it takes you out of your comfort zone and straight into the deep end. It is the best chance you have at getting hot random women.

Social circle is just for finding a good LTR

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ego and pride have no place in cold approaching. If you let either of these dictate how you are feeling, you'll likely continue to crash after your first rejection or two (and we all get these). Of course, if you get a bite, this could boost your confidence projection, but it's better to just go in feeling confident without this dependency.

With cold approaching, your visual appearance plays a bigger 1st impression role (her emotions have yet to take root) .

With a social circle, there's a better chance at hooking her on some emotional type level - there's already some form of familiarity (she's either seen you before and/or you know the same people).

A lot will depend on your angle (working with what you got). Personally speaking, I'm no longer the handsome mid 20's male any longer. I'm probably more charismatic than a seducer and so, I do better with women that have some familiarity with me .. or in a place where I can turn it up gradually.

Do some self-evaluation and focus on your strengths and also your best suited environment.
meh ego and pride also get in the way when you go for the social circle one, in the end the most important thing you have to do is to do things you want not waiting for external validation

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social circle is just for finding a good LTR
Social circle is best for LTRs but cold approaching can produce LTRs. If LTRs are the goal, I'd still choose cold approaching over swipe apps.

Social circles are difficult to develop. The men with the best social circles capable of producing quality dates are geographically fixed men. These are men that spent the entirety of the childhood in one place and then have spent their adult lives in that area.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social circle is best for LTRs but cold approaching can produce LTRs. If LTRs are the goal, I'd still choose cold approaching over swipe apps.

Social circles are difficult to develop. The men with the best social circles capable of producing quality dates are geographically fixed men. These are men that spent the entirety of the childhood in one place and then have spent their adult lives in that area.
interesting. I tend to agree with you and I haven't left my area also in quite a while.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well into adulthood, social circles are somewhat dependent upon your parent(s) not relocating you during your childhood. In almost any city, the best social circles tend to be people who've stayed in the same areas for decades or generations.

Transplants to an area tend to form circles with other transplants who have weak social circles. This can produce some relationships but it's not as good of a social circles as circles with long term, strongly rooted from childhood groups.

What method is more efficient I guess for your ego and pride?
You'll get emotionally beat up more on cold approaching or swipe apps than in social circles. With social circles, you can't run through women as fast because the social circle who can feed you good prospects will get pissed if you don't have relationships last.

In social circles, since there are consequences for poor behavior for both men and women, the process tends to have more dignity and fair treatement.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well into adulthood, social circles are somewhat dependent upon your parent(s) not relocating you during your childhood. In almost any city, the best social circles tend to be people who've stayed in the same areas for decades or generations.

Transplants to an area tend to form circles with other transplants who have weak social circles. This can produce some relationships but it's not as good of a social circles as circles with long term, strongly rooted from childhood groups.

You'll get emotionally beat up more on cold approaching or swipe apps than in social circles. With social circles, you can't run through women as fast because the social circle who can feed you good prospects will get pissed if you don't have relationships last.

In social circles, since there are consequences for poor behavior for both men and women, the process tends to have more dignity and fair treatement.
cold approaching sounds more promising and faster to do

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cold approaching sounds more promising and faster to do
Cold approaching is faster to do. You can start cold approaching women in your city tonight. Social circle takes a lot longer to develop. Also, for a variety of reasons, some men are not able to develop a social circle that is capable of producing dates.

In the absence of a social circle, cold approaching is a better option than swipe apps.

The advantages of social circle are stronger vetting, more dignified treatment, and the ability to find longer term relationships. The main disadvantage of social circle is the time it takes to create one when you are horny and have a pressing need.

Cold approach is faster but more difficult (especially non-bar approaching). You'll also get rejected far more often and women will often treat you like shiit when approaching and in early stage dating. If you're lucky, you can get more one night stands or casual sex from cold approaching than social circle (those actions are often frowned upon in social circles).

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approaching is faster to do. You can start cold approaching women in your city. Social circle takes a lot longer to develop. Also, for a variety of reasons, some men are not able to develop a social circle that is capable of producing dates.

In the absence of a social circle, cold approaching is a better option than swipe apps.

The advantages of social circle are stronger vetting, more dignified treatment, and the ability to find longer term relationships. The main disadvantage of social circle is the time it takes to create one when you are horny and have a pressing need.

Cold approach is faster but more difficult (especially non-bar approaching). You'll also get rejected far more often and women will often treat you like shiit when approaching and in early stage dating. If you're lucky, you can get more one night stands or casual sex from cold approaching than social circle (those actions are often frowned upon in social circles).
cool man thanks. yeah i like cold approaching because it really is a pressing need especially when you're horny.

Woujo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop being a ***** and cold approach. If you are spending time writing on the internet about whether you should cold approach, you are already overthinking and ****ing yourself over. You are stuck in a mental masturbation circle and the only way to get out of it is to get off the internet and go approach.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing is the ultimate cold approach. Sheeiit you don't even have to be good at it. Nobody has Balls to waltz at anyway. Just mirror her if you don't know what to do...

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing is the ultimate cold approach. Sheeiit you don't even have to be good at it. Nobody has Balls to waltz at anyway. Just mirror her if you don't know what to do...
good advice. I don't dance lol can't say i wouldn't try though

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approach @forcerecon01 term is a misnomer.
It is just talking. Just talk to them. They will give you signals if they are into you. The real change is when you sexualize it. Confidently let them know that you are attracted to them.

"What kind of coffee did you get?"
Is it good here? I heard the columbian sucks here. I got the Italian roast.
I actually had real Columbian coffee when I visited Columbia.
Yea you actually had to decline 2 hookers just to make it to the cafe. Crazy. But some of them looked hot.
Have you ever been to South America?

Dots are her.
Fill in the blanks. Just make it flirty man.
thanks that makes a lot more sense

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and a bunch of others on here wayyy back in the day would go cold approach. We kept it Semper Fi and kept plowing regardless of a yes or no verdict. We were just out to get as many approaches under our belts. If it's more convenient for you at the time to tap into your social circles, then by all means because it can cut out a bunch of the bullcrap. Other than that, I plan on adding cold approaches back in to my life. 13 years ago on here, these savages had me cold approaching in the streets of D.C. when I was 20 lol. They even made me use the 'Shock & Awe Opener' (Hey what's up?...What are you doing later?...Wanna come home with me?), but only on women you don't know LMAO..I used that sh!t while DAYGAMING. The dudes were all using it night time in bars and clubs (around closing time). What a bunch of savages in cities from coast to coast we were.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and a bunch of others on here wayyy back in the day would go cold approach. We kept it Semper Fi and kept plowing regardless of a yes or no verdict. We were just out to get as many approaches under our belts. If it's more convenient for you at the time to tap into your social circles, then by all means because it can cut out a bunch of the bullcrap. Other than that, I plan on adding cold approaches back in to my life. 13 years ago on here, these savages had me cold approaching in the streets of D.C. when I was 20 lol. They even made me use the 'Shock & Awe Opener' (Hey what's up?...What are you doing later?...Wanna come home with me?), but only on women you don't know LMAO..I used that sh!t while DAYGAMING. The dudes were all using it night time in bars and clubs (around closing time). What a bunch of savages in cities from coast to coast we were.
that actually sounds like fun lol.

• Haha
Reactions: BMX

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never cold approached before,but wouldn't it be easier than to spend years trying to get your social circles with women in them? What method is more efficient I guess for your ego and pride?
It's like guys thinking they got game by hitting on coworkers before getting fired by HR Karen. Relying on social circle is lazy. I knew some cuck that talked about models and race cars. He crawled back to his ex gf and settled into a life of cuckoldry and delusion. I Blame low T.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Cold approach is better for learning and taking risks. Social circle game gives more reliable results when you're good. It's risk vs reward.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social circle is great for getting a girlfriend. Pay close attention to the words "a girlfriend". That means one girlfriend. If you're looking for an extended relationship (2-5 years or more), your best bet for getting that with the least amount of grief and frustration is social circle. Many men who get social circle girlfriends tend to retain those girlfriends for a long time and often beyond the useful life of the relationship. A lot of the social circle girlfriend guys are beta males and beta males operate from a scarcity mindset. It's common to see a 10 year relationship (and counting) relationship from social circle which does lead to a marriage proposal.

A social circle introduction is a higher percentage play than a swipe app interaction or approaching a stranger (either in a bar or non-bar setting). I've never had a social circle capable of providing me introductions so over the past 20+ years, I've either had to use technology or approach strangers to find dates. It's a more difficult path and it's not a path I recommend highly. Social circle is better in the shorter to medium term. You can get a solid, medium term (1-4 years) girlfriend via social circles more easily than through approaches or swiping more easily.

The problem with social circles becomes sustainability. For instance, I've lived in my current city over 10 years. Social circles have a way of getting pissed off at men who continually exchange girlfriends without marriage or babies, even if the relationships are semi-long (1-4 years). After 2 or so instances of medium term relationships, the social circle will run dry. Social circle is not likely ideal for serial monogamist who does have extended relationships but doesn't commit or the player type who tends to have relationships of less than 1 year.

In theory, you can fix this problem with relocating and re-creating social circles every so often. In practice, that would never happen. Relocations have a way of ruining social circles. Also, after age 30 at the latest, you're not getting into a good social circle in a new city if you relocate. You can get friends if you relocate after 30 but you're not likely to get a social circle that will provide you introductions to quality girlfriends, unless you can manage to be a mid to late 30s year old guy who mainly socializes with mid-20s people. That last sentence probably isn't going to happen.