Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cold Approach vs. OLD

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think my opinion on picking up women on OLD vs cold approach has slightly changed. On one hand, I still stand by OLD being a possible outlet to get women, but on the other, I am starting to think it’s actually easier to get women cold approaching and much easier to get hotter women. I banged three different women in the past 3 nights:

1. HB 7.5 Age 28: I was buying a rug for my apartment at a furniture store and I saw her standing at the counter. I already knew what rug I was going to get but saw this as an easy opening. I went up to her asked her if I could get a woman’s opinion. She of course said yes and followed me to the two rugs it had come down to. I told her what I thought and asked her opinion. An easy, flirtatious conversation followed. I asked for her number at the end of the convo and set up plans for this past Thursday for a drink. Drinks went well and she came back to my place.

2. HB 8.5 Age 25 - this was the most traditional approach. Happened at a bar near where I live. She was with 2 other friends and I walked up to all 3 while they were ordering drinks and asked if I could add mine to their tab. Of course this got a rise out of all of them with some friendly banter exchanged. I told them I was kidding and put all 3 girls on my tab and invited them over to my table where my two guy friends were. She then talked to me at the table primarily and I got her number. She and I went out a couple times prior, but Friday she came directly to my place and we banged.

3. HB 8 - Age 24: I was at the pool yesterday at my apartment. She walked up to a seat near mine and laid down. I watched her out of the corner of my eye for a bit then just turned to her and asked her her name. Easy conversation followed. I invited her to come out with me last night if she was interested. She said she could meet up with me later. Long story short I left the bar early I was at and texted her I was leaving but maybe another time and I was back at my apt. She asked if “I was just going to go to bed.” This was obvious opening and I invited her to stop by. She did and we banged and fell asleep.

My point with these stories is that I don’t think that first any of these women would ever be on OLD - or if they were they would be such a hot commodity given their sex appeal that with all of their options I would never match with them on there. I have very good SMV, but OLD doesn’t allow you to demonstrate your people skills which I think is huge. Just starting a normal conversation and asking for her number at the end opens the door to almost any woman. It gets their guard down and is so much better than dealing with flakiness while exchanging DMs.

I used to be a proponent of using both. I think I now think only use OLD if you literally have no other options. You can meet women anywhere. You can also pull far younger and hotter with cold approach. OLD demands a very big time sink compared to just going out and enjoying yourself along the way. My two cents.

Last edited:

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think my opinion on picking up women on OLD vs cold approach has slightly changed. On one hand, I still stand by OLD being a possible outlet to get women, but on the other, I am starting to think it’s actually easier to get women cold approaching and much easier to get hotter women. I banged three different women in the past 3 nights:

1. HB 7.5 Age 28: I was buying a rug for my apartment at a furniture store and I saw her standing at the counter. I already knew what rug I was going to get but saw this as an easy opening. I went up to her asked her if I could get a woman’s opinion. She of course said yes and followed me to the two rugs it had come down to. I told her what I thought and asked her opinion. An easy, flirtatious conversation followed. I asked for her number at the end of the convo and set up plans for this past Thursday for a drink. Drinks went well and she came back to my place.

2. HB 8.5 Age 25 - this was the most traditional approach. Happened at a bar near where I live. She was with 2 other friends and I walked up to all 3 while they were ordering drinks and asked if I could add mine to their tab. Of course this got a rise out of all of them with some friendly banter exchanged. I told them I was kidding and put all 3 girls on their tab and invited them over to my table where my two guy friends were. She then talked to me at the table primarily and I got her number. She and I went out a couple times prior, but Friday she came directly to my place and we banged.

3. HB 8 - Age 24: I was at the pool yesterday at my apartment. She walked up to a seat near mine and laid down. I watched her out of the corner of my eye for a bit then just turned to her and asked her her name. Easy conversation followed. I invited her to come out with me last night if she was interested. She said she could meet up with me later. Long story short I left the bar early I was at and texted her I was leaving but maybe another time and I was back at my apt. She asked if “I was just going to go to bed.” This was obvious opening and I invited her to stop by. She did and we banged and fell asleep.

My point with these stories is that I don’t think that first any of these women would ever be on OLD - or if they were they would be such a hot commodity given their sex appeal that with all of their options I would never match with them on there. I have very good SMV, but OLD doesn’t allow you to demonstrate your people skills which I think is huge. Just starting a normal conversation and asking for her number at the end opens the door to almost any woman. It gets their guard down and is so much better than dealing with flakiness while exchanging DMs.

I used to be a proponent of using both. I think I now think only use OLD if you literally have no other options. You can meet women anywhere. You can also pull far younger and hotter with cold approach. OLD demands a very big time sink compared to just going out and enjoying yourself along the way. My two cents.
That's awesome! I agree.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy socializing with people in general. If you have poor people skills you will likely fail at cold approach - and dating in general for that matter.
I do door to door sales for a living for the last 7 years. I’m good with people, not with idle chit chat.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do door to door sales for a living for the last 7 years. I’m good with people, not with idle chit chat.
Wasn’t an indictment on you, brother. Although as a salesman I am surprised you wouldn’t enjoy gaming women. Interesting.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

2. HB 8.5 Age 25 - this was the most traditional approach. Happened at a bar near where I live. She was with 2 other friends and I walked up to all 3 while they were ordering drinks and asked if I could add mine to their tab. Of course this got a rise out of all of them with some friendly banter exchanged. I told them I was kidding and put all 3 girls on my tab and invited them over to my table where my two guy friends were. She then talked to me at the table primarily and I got her number. She and I went out a couple times prior, but Friday she came directly to my place and we banged.

If you are good looking, have good social skills then it is fairly easy to meet women anywhere if you are willing to go for it. Most of my cold approaches in the day time usually never lead to much though. At night time at a bar or club is much easier for me because can pull back directly. OLD also much more effective for me than day time stuff. When i was in my 20s though i had good success daytime cold approaching. My theory is it is because i was younger and better looking back then. Probably more energy talk game as well.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wasn’t an indictment on you, brother. Although as a salesman I am surprised you wouldn’t enjoy gaming women. Interesting.
I used to. When I first started I started sales and pick up at the same time. But I do much better in sales than with women. It is interesting and I can’t figure it out.
My current theory is that the product (me) isn’t as enticing to the customer as the ones I offer door to door. And if conversation and idle chit chat is part of a mans “product”, then I’m fvcked. But, if it’s just a matter of building more muscle, that is on its way

TheQ2020

Banned
Reaction score
this is very simple.

ignore everything else in this thread and im just going to give you the truth.

I'm a really good looking guy. i have literally had girls coal approach ME probably 200-300 times including during the day. meaning i have a had random women approach me in the daytime and hit on me (usually with the my friend wants your number).

when i was doing tinder there was a website called photofeeler where you would put your pictures and get them rated by girls so you could find which pictures where best and could use them for tinder.

To give you and idea of how good looking i am my tinder pictures where rated between 9.7 and 9.9 in attractiveness.

so that's me.

i also know 2 guys who are good looking and live in NYC.

To give you an idea how good looking, one guy when he goes to the club his method to get laid is he just goes on the dancefloor and comes from behind and starts grinding on the girls. when i asked him "wtf are you doing do you not know that's a terrible approach". he laughed and told me its a terrible approach if when she turns around to see who is grinding on her she does not like what she sees. so basically this guy is so good looking he can start grinding random girls and they dont mind because when they turn to see who it is they are instantly attracted by his looks.

and then there is a 3rd and final guy in europe. this guy is an actual model and when he put his pictures on photofeeler they got like 9.9 all of them. this guy when he travels for modeling in a new city on tinder he will get 200-300 matches PER DAY.

ok so what are the results for me and these other really good looking guys online?

6s and 7s at will (you can even say crazy things to them and they are still interested) and the occasional 8 (probably once a week at best).

that is the answer.

anything else people say in this thread is complete nonsense.

anyone doing online dating is having sex with mostly 6s and 7s and the occasional 8.

NO ONE IS HAVING SEX REGULARLY WITH 9s AND 10s FROM ONLINE DATING

why?

well it depends on the city.

for my city its because 9s and 10s just do not do online dating.

my city is known to have really really hot girls but when i was on tinder i would sometimes scroll for 20 min without seeing a girl i would be willing to ****. literally swiping left for 20 min.

for my city the hot girls just do not do online dating; its sign of low status here to be on tinder and the really hot girls do not do it.

what about the guys in New York?

the 2 good looking guys i know in new york tell the 9s and 10s are on tinder but its impossible to get them to meet in person because in a city like new york a 9 or 10 has so many options for her time that meeting some random guy on tinder is very very unlikely.

what about the male model?

i never asked this guy why he cannot sleep with 9s and 10s from tinder so im not sure for him.

but i suspect its most likely for him like for me that the really hot girls do not use tinder.

and finally, i want to be clear that when im talking about online dating; i am NOT including instagram in that category.

i do NOT know anything about instagram and have no idea if guys are having sex with 9s and 10s from instagram.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Nice work. I'm curious to know if you have done other approaches recently besides these 3? If so, how many rejections?

TheQ2020

Banned
Reaction score
She then talked to me at the table primarily and I got her number. She and I went out a couple times prior, but Friday she came directly to my place and we banged.
wtf

do you have a lot of lays from numbers you got at the bar?

have you also had sex with girls you number closed at the club?

i ask because my assumption has always been if you meet a girl in the nightlife and you do not have sex with her the same night then its over. I cannot even remember the last time i asked a girl for her number at night. probably in 2014 when i was 21.

i do not really like bars and only go to clubs so maybe number closing is different in bars compared to clubs.

i remember going out with this natural when i just turned 21 and was new to nightlife. This guy spent all night having 7-12 min conversations with different girls and collecting numbers. he told me he usually ****ed like 30%-50% of them eventually. i always assumed he was just lying and vastly exaggerating but maybe there are guys out there who collect numbers at the club and sleep with a significant % of them.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like 3 layups! You handsome mofo lol. Good job

Anyway, for me, definitely cold approach.

I've literally only had a handful of matches online in my whole life!! Obviously eventually deleted tinder a few years back.

But i've managed to bang high double digit figures from cold approach in bars. That's the best medium for me

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bar mate, I agree. +1

While I am biased, the analytics speak for themselves. The OLD apps shadow ban unless you pay. Men (not women ) make more typically contrary to the media jargon. The model is shaking men down. If you find cute on OLD you pulled from the dumpster fire dating app. The girl who has been slammed more times than the WWF. Even if you play the game like me as in catch and release, herpes isn't curable nor is aids or worts. Majority of modern women are disgusting.

From a subjective outcome perspective, I don't get catfished from pickup. The women aren't suddenly a whale irl. I can also decipher if she's feminist or something crazy by her lingo from Go!

I recommend using both but I advocate a 5:1 ratio. I don't even count OLD as game. I source IRL and anything else is a bonus. I met cool off OLD but in aggregate it's not even 1% of the women worthy of my time.

Do the analytics yourself. See what works best. Actual game is work. I takes effort. The biggest problem is that time is the most precious commodity we have. Use it wisely. At this stage, I have a zero tolerance policy for stupidity. Ambiguity is grounds for disregard.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to. When I first started I started sales and pick up at the same time. But I do much better in sales than with women. It is interesting and I can’t figure it out.
My current theory is that the product (me) isn’t as enticing to the customer as the ones I offer door to door. And if conversation and idle chit chat is part of a mans “product”, then I’m fvcked. But, if it’s just a matter of building more muscle, that is on its way
I had a college stint of being top seller in the country crew! I'm 100% sure that it aided in my game. More accurately at spotting disinterest or WORSE, Fence sitters and time vampires. I've learned that to weed out ambiguity, I go for broke and Tom Brady it. Play to win. Close ended Q in Sales or telling a woman to take her clothes off.

Comply or bye!

Choose your destiny. Life favors the bold.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a college stint of being top seller in the country crew! I'm 100% sure that it aided in my game. More accurately at spotting disinterest or WORSE, Fence sitters and time vampires. I've learned that to weed out ambiguity, I go for broke and Tom Brady it. Play to win. Close ended Q in Sales or telling a woman to take her clothes off.

Comply or bye!

Choose your destiny. Life favors the bold.
I tried that. No luck in person. Online it seems to work however.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think my opinion on picking up women on OLD vs cold approach has slightly changed. I am starting to think it’s actually easier to get women cold approaching and much easier to get hotter women. I banged three different women in the past 3 nights:

I think I now think only use OLD if you literally have no other options. You can meet women anywhere. You can also pull far younger and hotter with cold approach. OLD demands a very big time sink compared to just going out and enjoying yourself along the way. My two cents.
Comments before I get into the individual stories.....

I agree that the seductions of these women would have been more difficult on swipe apps. You would have been another swinging penis in a ocean of penii for women. You may have gotten the mutual match but the mutual match does not mean anything. It's a challenge to get from mutual match to date and then from date to second date or to sex. The best outcomes from pickup do not occur from initial interaction from behind an electronic screen. Pounding the pavement and doing real life approaching isn't easy. In fact, at times it is very deflating. Because swipe apps are a disaster, it is the better option unless you are able to cultivate a viable social circle.

This is a common approach scenario that would have been straight out of Roosh's "Day Bang". "Day Bang" was how I learned to do approaches in non-bar venues, although I had dabbled in non-bar approaching prior to reading that book. I'm impressed that you got her while she was at a check out counter about to leave. At a grocery store, that isn't viable. You must approach while both of you are in the aisles. Asking for a non-employee female opinion on home decor or outfits for buying gifts for female cousins or a sister (if you have one) is a solid opener tactic.

With that opener, you can get an extended conversation and a number. Good, classic non-bar approaching followed up with a good first date.

I'd agree with it being a traditional approach. I've not been much of a drink buyer at bars while doing approaches. More of the drinks I've purchased over the years at bars were from ill fated dates from websites and later swipe apps.

Most men would save money by skipping the swipe app dates where they pay for drinks. Occasionally buying drinks in pickup like this becomes more viable without spending on failed swipe app dates or spending for a swipe app subscription to get matches. Older men buying drinks for much younger women can be a solid tactical move that will get you some more attention. An 8.5 is a good target for this. I wouldn't deploy the tactic regularly. I also am more of a non-bar approacher too, which prevents me from buying drinks before I get a number and set up a date.

When doing approaches at bars, the primary goal now is to get the same night sex and not the number for setting up a date if you're doing approaches after 9 PM. In post 9 PM approach settings, only accept a number if her resistance to taking the night to a bedroom is too great to overcome. In 2004-06 (when I first become eligible to go to bars), if you had a good conversation at a bar, even late at night, you had a good chance of getting a date on a future night. From the mid-2010s onward, the flake rate on those types of interactions became too great to be viable. Rooftop bars and coccktail lounges can be good sources of finding dates if you're doing Happy Hour type approaches (5-8 PM Monday-Thursday).

Well played.

Approaching a woman in your own apartment complex can be risky. Depending on how many units the complex has, you may have to see the woman regularly, which is not good if trying to keep space or the relationship goes sour.

With both of you living in the same complex, logistics were exceptional for a bang.

In a mid-size or bigger complex (100+ units), I might be able to see the justification for going for someone in your own complex but I tend to avoid that. I've lived in complexes of 100+ units and I still see some women too much for my own comfort if things go sour.

I like the notion of pickup at a smaller, quieter pool insted of a large pool party connected to some business. Larger pool parties, often with DJs connected to a business (bar/restaurant, hotel) tend to be bigger sausage fests and don't usually live up to the hype in my experience as a pickup option. The beach is a better option than a pool party connected to a business if you're in a city with beaches. Commercialized pool parties are more common in non-beach cities. Exempt the Las Vegas strip from this discussion.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like 3 layups! You handsome mofo lol. Good job

Anyway, for me, definitely cold approach.

I've literally only had a handful of matches online in my whole life!! Obviously eventually deleted tinder a few years back.

But i've managed to bang high double digit figures from cold approach in bars. That's the best medium for me
I just deleted all my dating apps 3 months ago. Won’t be wasting anymore time with them.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Comments before I get into the individual stories.....

I agree that the seductions of these women would have been more difficult on swipe apps. You would have been another swinging penis in a ocean of penii for women. You may have gotten the mutual match but the mutual match does not mean anything. It's a challenge to get from mutual match to date and then from date to second date or to sex. The best outcomes from pickup do not occur from initial interaction from behind an electronic screen. Pounding the pavement and doing real life approaching isn't easy. In fact, at times it is very deflating. Because swipe apps are a disaster, it is the better option unless you are able to cultivate a viable social circle.

This is a common approach scenario that would have been straight out of Roosh's "Day Bang". "Day Bang" was how I learned to do approaches in non-bar venues, although I had dabbled in non-bar approaching prior to reading that book. I'm impressed that you got her while she was at a check out counter about to leave. At a grocery store, that isn't viable. You must approach while both of you are in the aisles. Asking for a non-employee female opinion on home decor or outfits for buying gifts for female cousins or a sister (if you have one) is a solid opener tactic.

With that opener, you can get an extended conversation and a number. Good, classic non-bar approaching followed up with a good first date.

I'd agree with it being a traditional approach. I've not been much of a drink buyer at bars while doing approaches. More of the drinks I've purchased over the years at bars were from ill fated dates from websites and later swipe apps.

Most men would save money by skipping the swipe app dates where they pay for drinks. Occasionally buying drinks in pickup like this becomes more viable without spending on failed swipe app dates or spending for a swipe app subscription to get matches. Older men buying drinks for much younger women can be a solid tactical move that will get you some more attention. An 8.5 is a good target for this. I wouldn't deploy the tactic regularly. I also am more of a non-bar approacher too, which prevents me from buying drinks before I get a number and set up a date.

When doing approaches at bars, the primary goal now is to get the same night sex and not the number for setting up a date if you're doing approaches after 9 PM. In post 9 PM approach settings, only accept a number if her resistance to taking the night to a bedroom is too great to overcome. In 2004-06 (when I first become eligible to go to bars), if you had a good conversation at a bar, even late at night, you had a good chance of getting a date on a future night. From the mid-2010s onward, the flake rate on those types of interactions became too great to be viable. Rooftop bars and coccktail lounges can be good sources of finding dates if you're doing Happy Hour type approaches (5-8 PM Monday-Thursday).

Well played.

Approaching a woman in your own apartment complex can be risky. Depending on how many units the complex has, you may have to see the woman regularly, which is not good if trying to keep space or the relationship goes sour.

With both of you living in the same complex, logistics were exceptional for a bang.

In a mid-size or bigger complex (100+ units), I might be able to see the justification for going for someone in your own complex but I tend to avoid that. I've lived in complexes of 100+ units and I still see some women too much for my own comfort if things go sour.

I like the notion of pickup at a smaller, quieter pool insted of a large pool party connected to some business. Larger pool parties, often with DJs connected to a business (bar/restaurant, hotel) tend to be bigger sausage fests and don't usually live up to the hype in my experience as a pickup option. The beach is a better option than a pool party connected to a business if you're in a city with beaches. Commercialized pool parties are more common in non-beach cities. Exempt the Las Vegas strip from this discussion.
My apartment is a larger upscale place. Lots of people. So no risk there really. But otherwise I agree with a lot of what you said.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work OP 3 lays with HB7+ i would class as high success in todays market did you encounter any LMR or were they all straight forward ?

on topic of old vs cold approach ( socialising )

Socialising of course wins every time when i am out and about i get vibes off girls i would never even match with on swipe apps / OLD

I'm not naturally an extrovert but i can play the role well when needed too and women always pick up on this

But I dont know anyone that enjoys being on OLD everyone i speak too both men and women say its hard work and it is

Women have too much choice , men dont have enough choice and are getting screwed for every penny

these apps are crawling with women whom are otherwise struggling in the market through a degree of mental and physical issues

I see no reason why any sane legitimate HB7+ would need to be on a dating app in 2021 ......chances are she will have 100's of options through her social circles , day to day life and social media

Why is she on a dating app ? when you deep it makes no sense

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see no reason why any sane legitimate HB7+ would need to be on a dating app in 2021 ......chances are she will have 100's of options through her social circles , day to day life and social media

Why is she on a dating app ? when you deep it makes no sense
Part of the reason swipe apps don't work (and this was true of websites before them) is that no one wants to be on them. It's truly a last resort.