Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

coffee dates

GirlsAreTrix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do people ask for coffee dates? Wouldn't that sound weak to a girl if you ask her out, and to drink COFFEE?? How would you even know if she likes coffee. I would hate to leave my house just cuz someone invited me to drink coffee, cant you make that at your own house? To me going out for ice cream or just asking to chill with the girl would be a much better thing to offer a girl if you want a casual date. I'm just wondering what is so special about coffee dates so please someone let me know.

TheCloser

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it is more than about coffee.

It is just a casual place to go to chill...it's not dinner and it's not a lunch...as well you don't have to drink coffee...feel free to drink whatever you want...lol

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheCloser
I think it is more than about coffee.

It is just a casual place to go to chill...it's not dinner and it's not a lunch...as well you don't have to drink coffee...feel free to drink whatever you want...lol
Exactly, plus you are forced to impress her with your personality and not your wallet!!!

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you ask someone on a date whether it be dinner at a 5 star hotel or a trip to the city dump, your main focus is not about where the hell your going but spending time with whoever your taking.

Who actually really cares what the girl likes, if she doesn't like coffee either she doesn't drink it or it's her lucky day to start liking coffee.;)

fan27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee dates are great. Most coffee shops offer drinks other than coffee such as Italian Sodas and fancy teas. It is a very cost/time efficient way to weed out prospects.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee is great, as is ice cream. The point is to create a casual environment where you get to know someone and don't spend much money. Who cares if she doesn't like coffee...she can order something else since most coffee places offer plenty of stuff. If she's even the slightest bit interested, she'll take a coffee date even if she doesn't like coffee.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...its also very relaxed and non-committal, so if you're not hitting it off, you can bail after twenty minutes. I mean, how long does it take to drink a cup of coffee on a patio a shoot the breeze?

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
she suggests coffee, he responds: "... or we could just go out and eat a bunch of caramels..."--Good Will Hunting.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee dates are a gift from god, the greatest thing us DJ's have been gived in the last 100 years besides alcohol.

1. The weeding out factor. It allows you to quickly judge and get a feel for a girls IL level.

2. Time factor. Coffee dates are quick. If things are going well, you can ask for a second date, or heck, keep the date going for drinks at a bar, movie, dinner, ect. ect.. I once had 3 COFFEE DATES in a single day on a saturday. Ever see those dating shows like blind date and such, were the guy obviously doesn't have a chance, yet he is dragged threw a long date of obvious pain?

3. Money factor. Coffee dates are cheap. Why pay a boatload of money on a girl you have no chance with? Coffee dates are 5 bucks top, yet they are viewed as a upper/middle class thing to do and you don't seem cheap. Like i said before, i once had 3 coffee dates in a day. the third date was a score. had i been on a real dinner date, i would have never had time for the second date, nonetheless the third. Because coffee dates are cheap, you can go on several a week, if not several a day.

dionysius_d

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree.. Coffee Dates are seen as non-sleazy and non threatening by women.

You're in a public place with other decent looking people and you can actually talk without having to scream.. unlike a night club which is dark, sleazy and loud.

It can be as quick as you like ("geez i have to run ..") or you can sit there for hours if you get involved.

There are so many cafe's.. and some with wonderful views as well.. you can pick any area of the city you like.. and if one is full another is close by.

I really can't see any negative points about a coffee date.

Ko-B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ten bucks this guy is a 15 year old trying to figure out why he got rejected when he asked someone for coffee...

This coffee thing is a "grown-up" thing to do, I realized...only after I went into college I realized that I've gotten really solid success rates with coffee dates. Back then in HS, girls were all like, "WTF??" when I asked them for "coffee" and that my friends laughed at me. I know that it's a stupid thing to do during high school.

But during college, ahh...after class, I just ask a girl to chill with me at Starbucks and it's either a yes, or no. Simple as that. You get to see their interest level really quickly, since Starbucks is just down the road. You'll appreciate it as you get older, I guess.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ko-B
Ten bucks this guy is a 15 year old trying to figure out why he got rejected when he asked someone for coffee...

This coffee thing is a "grown-up" thing to do, I realized...only after I went into college I realized that I've gotten really solid success rates with coffee dates. Back then in HS, girls were all like, "WTF??" when I asked them for "coffee" and that my friends laughed at me. I know that it's a stupid thing to do during high school.

But during college, ahh...after class, I just ask a girl to chill with me at Starbucks and it's either a yes, or no. Simple as that. You get to see their interest level really quickly, since Starbucks is just down the road. You'll appreciate it as you get older, I guess.
Ko-B
Your exactly right. it is definitely a grown-up thing to do. I wish the teeny-boppers would stay in the highschool forum.

Like i said, the coffee date is the most important secret weapon in my DJ arsenal. Call it my "Weapon of Mass destruction". Its pretty much unbeatable when it comes to getting in a chiks pants. I
1. meet girl
2. quicky judge girl
3. Decide IL of girl.
4. Proceed to go further, or NEXT girl based on IL level.

Its definitely the best thing a DJ can have when it comes to dating.

Paul Owen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im with you GirlsAreTrix. I Hate this ****ing stupid mochachocalatte culture. Going to some depressing coffee shop has to be one of the worst things I can imagine.

Paul Owen

Don Juan
Reaction score
No Iqqi you presumptious ****. Because I don't like coffee, I don't think lunchtimes are a good time for a 'date' and because I hate the whole coffee culture. How DID you become so obnoxious?

Ko-B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paul Owen
Im with you GirlsAreTrix. I Hate this ****ing stupid mochachocalatte culture. Going to some depressing coffee shop has to be one of the worst things I can imagine.
Doesn't have to be depressing at all.

I guess the coffee thing works for some, doesn't for some...

Do what you gotta do Paul Owen, I know I'm gonna keep on spitting game at Starbucks with chicks that I just met...do ya thing.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paul Owen
No Iqqi you presumptious ****. Because I don't like coffee, I don't think lunchtimes are a good time for a 'date' and because I hate the whole coffee culture. How DID you become so obnoxious?

hahahhahahhaaha. My bad. I was kind of presumptious and obnoxious!