Clubbing: Retro or No?

liberal

Don Juan
Reaction score
This weekend I'm going to my first club. Yeah, its an underage club, but hey its the best I have where I live.

I was thinking of going with the Retro look, 80s. I had in mind a dark suit jacket with an 80s band tee underneath.

Question: Is Retro going to fly at the club?

Also, what other retro style apparel could I wear?

Thanks.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nah man get some modern clothes. The 80s is the 80s were in 2005 now.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll sweat youre ass off unless its a "formal" or "classy" club with airconditioning - and teen clubs never are.

Whatever you do, dont wear a white dress shirt with jeans, untucked - EVERYONE does this, it looks ridiculous.

Wear something that grabs attention... something different. A blazer is an ok idea, ONLY IF IT IS MADE FOR HOT WEATHER (so it breaths and sweat doesnt ruin it).

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hit up Mexx!!!

They have great stuff!
Got a great shirt... $90... got soooo many compliments from girls... almost couldn't believe it!

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bussey
Hit up Mexx!!!

They have great stuff!
Got a great shirt... $90... got soooo many compliments from girls... almost couldn't believe it!
90$ is about 75$ too much for a shirt.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not true. There is no "too much" to spend on clothes... but make sure you get quality worth your dollar. Nevery pray full price for clothes... just wait and buy off season stuff for 30-50% off. Patience is a virtue.

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I would wear modern clothes.

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bussey
Hit up Mexx!!!

They have great stuff!
I got a lot of compliment for buying a $10 shirt from JCPenney too

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
O snap... I thought $90 was cheap... It is for what I sometimes spend on clothing.

I get cheap stuff at American Eagle.. considering I work there.

But I once paid $300 for a shirt haha. Whatever, its all in what you like. Personally if I like the shirt, price doesnt matter.

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn you rich boy!!:cool:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lmao..u guys pay wayyyy too much IMO. Shop at a a discount store like winners were they sell the exact same stuff for cheaper prices. Don't ask me why it is cheaper, it just is. I got some Sean John shirts, ****ies pants, Jordan zip-up shirt, adidas jumper and countless other things all for cheaper. Nothing has ripped or fallen apart so far. I've gotten button ups and dressy pants too, so to say that it is only good for one fashion is a misconception too.

liberal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just found a vintage black "ALF" t-shirt...do you think if I wore that to the club under the suit jacket, people would see it as a sense of humor, or just senseless?

Like I said, I've never been to a club before. I wanted to wear something that everyone else wasn't.