Club FR

faiNt`

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So the past weekend I went to a club in a huge city. First time ever going to a club. It was an underage club for the most part .. for high school kids.

Before this outing I thought of myself as a pretty suave individual that is a solid 7/10 purely on looks. I'm fairly tall, dressed well, and had plenty of confidence.

After getting over the sheer "wow" factor of the atmosphere of the place, I finally did what I wanted and started dancing with some girls. Basically the music was nuts so my approach consisted of (no talking but) walking up behind the girl, placing my hands on her hips, and grinding from behind. At first I was shocked because a lot of girls spun around, looked at me, then didn't reciprocate. Anything I can improve on?

I didn't really care too much at the time because I'll never see any of them again and in the end the whole night was extremely fun. Mainly I'm just questioning how I can improve my game to where I can actually dance with whoever I want instead of maybe half of them. Additionally, how do I go about escalating when a girl's with her friends and seems more interested in whatever they are doing while we're dancing? That seemed to be the case more often than not.

EDIT:// just a side note, I honestly couldn't give you a number on how many girls I danced with or got rejected, but I would say it was between 10 and 20 attemps with probably 1/5 being rejections .. just a estimate. It seems really vague to be honest haha.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really think its anything you personally are doing, but just the fact that these girls are still in high school, but there are some things you might consider doing differently:

You might be escalating a bit too quickly with the approach.

Next time try making sure she actually sees you behind her before you try anything; the girls that rejected you were probably a little bit freaked out because they didn't notice anyone behind them, and you might have startled them a bit when you just reached out and grabbed their hips. Dance behind her for a while, have her get used to you being there, then try to go from there; don't immediately jump in for the hips without warning.

On the other hand, your method might be better because even if you get shot down more, you'll get a lot more approaches done and if you do manage to get her interested, you'll be a lot farther along than if you'd played it safe. Its really your call on this one.

As for escalating after the approach, you need to move them somewhere. Dance with them for a bit and then get them to sit down with you somewhere (Lead, don't ask: "Lets go sit down/get a drink" as opposed to "Want to sit down/get a drink?"). If she doesn't want to go alone, bring the whole group if you can (Make sure you befriend her friends as well, or else they'll push you out). Once you're all sitting, it'll be a lot easier to lock in and do C&F and kino escalate.

You might want to check out the following article for kino:
http://thesanfranciscolair.com/kino-escilation-ladder/

Also, consider approaching girls that aren't dancing. They're more difficult to approach since obviously you can't just go right up next to them anymore, but you won't have to deal with trying to move her to a quieter location to talk and kino. Again, your call.

Other than that great job man. 4/5 is fantastic, considering its high school girls.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
faiNt` said:
So the past weekend I went to a club in a huge city. First time ever going to a club. It was an underage club for the most part .. for high school kids.

Before this outing I thought of myself as a pretty suave individual that is a solid 7/10 purely on looks. I'm fairly tall, dressed well, and had plenty of confidence.

After getting over the sheer "wow" factor of the atmosphere of the place, I finally did what I wanted and started dancing with some girls. Basically the music was nuts so my approach consisted of (no talking but) walking up behind the girl, placing my hands on her hips, and grinding from behind. At first I was shocked because a lot of girls spun around, looked at me, then didn't reciprocate. Anything I can improve on?

I didn't really care too much at the time because I'll never see any of them again and in the end the whole night was extremely fun. Mainly I'm just questioning how I can improve my game to where I can actually dance with whoever I want instead of maybe half of them. Additionally, how do I go about escalating when a girl's with her friends and seems more interested in whatever they are doing while we're dancing? That seemed to be the case more often than not.

EDIT:// just a side note, I honestly couldn't give you a number on how many girls I danced with or got rejected, but I would say it was between 10 and 20 attemps with probably 1/5 being rejections .. just a estimate. It seems really vague to be honest haha.
Well you definitely had the right idea in mind regarding the approach. As for the rejections, thats usually what happens when you go to clubs like this, its how alot of the girls reject a guy instead of actually having to say something to him. Usually a girl will be dancing, a guy will come up behind, and the chick will turn around to see what he looks like. If she likes what she sees, she stays in there. If not, she moves on. Thats usually how it works, but that doesnt mean you HAVE to abide by that kind of method.

Going with a method like that makes the guy rely solely on his looks, so instead of relying solely on looks, I would recommend somethin like this:

When you see a chick dancin, instead of going straight up behind her and not saying anything, you instead go up behind her, put your hands on her hips, start dancing, but right as your doing that, you say something into her ear like "Lets dance babe" or "Lets dance sexy". Ya know just something to sort of get her goin and be a little more sexual. I tried something like this once at a club and it worked out great for me.

As for the escalation and the girls friends, thats happening because shes not into the dancing with you enough to forget about what her friends are saying. If you see that happenin to you, you've gotta "up it" some more and be more sexual with the girl. Grind harder with her, feel her up with your hands more, or even start kissin her on the neck (girls go crazy over neck kisses)

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gah, don't do the creepy maneuver of sneaking up behind them and slithering your hands on them covertly so they hardly notice. Go at them from the front or the sides, always make yourself known to them when you start dancing with them, otherwise they'll label you as "That creepy guy who tried to dance with me".

Good on you for approaching many girls, despite rejections. But if you want to up your success ratio, then you need to work on having the "WOO" factor. That is basically just being exciting, fun and daring. This will show in all your actions, hell you could even just shout "WOO" on the dance floor to get you in the mood.

I find just grabbing their hand and spinning them or dancing with them is an easy fun way to open them, then you can get in close for some grinding and a make out.

Also i wouldn't advocate showing off your sexuality with your hands by rubbing the girl up more, as if you're too keen then you'll just put the girl off. Rub them up when you have started heavy grinding and making out.

Cockynfunny

Don Juan
Reaction score
woah! some nice tips.

Gotta try out that next time I go to a dance night.

Bladerunner

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a post I made in another club thread, but it's pretty applicable here.
Large fonted/bolded the method I use to not be the "creepy grinding guy". At worst they just shake their head no and you don't come off badly at all.

A few things and honestly you're set:

1. Dress and groom to impress. Girls make snap judgments, and you want yours to be "This guy is well dressed, attractive, and confident. Therefore, I will dance with him."

2. Confidence. If you assume they will dance with you when you "ask", chances are they will. If for whatever reason they turn you down, ask someone else; there are so many girls there it's ridiculous. Learn the Gunslinger Walk: http://www.tsbmag.com/2007/06/11/the-gunslinger-walk/ Absolutely invaluable.

3. Look for girls who are dancing crazily with their female friends. They're doing a mating dance for you. I have never been turned down by one of these. Even better is if their friend is already dancing with a guy because then there's a whole "a guy wants to dance with you, but not me" thing going on between them and she will literally work her ass off to prove herself. Just tap her on the shoulder, gesture to the dance floor, and wait for her to nod her head yes.

4. Your hands are not meant to stay on her hips, and put a little thrust into each "rotation" so you're going in more of a tight oval instead of back and forth. Don't grope her breasts (creeper) but keep your hands busy running up and down her legs and sides. The combination of these two will turn her on.

5. Try leaving a girl at the end of a song when she's definitely into it and you could stay with her, and then going and finding her again later. She will remember being turned on by you and will really work it during round 2.

6. If you think she's turned on enough that she'll make out with you, take her hand in your, raise it all the way up, and spin her around so you're frontally grinding. Look into her eyes, communicate desire, and you're golden.

7. Have fun. Go to have fun. Be selective. Dance with who you want. After a while and you're warmed up, go dance with the hottest few girls in the club, because your confidence is rock solid and you know they're lucky you're interested. Walk around like you own the damn place.

Also, #15, 17, 18, & 21 here