clothes?

windwork

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Djz
i am new, i need to know what kinda clothes to wear.
i want to look good.
i already know which colognes smell good on my body chemistry.
but my clothes need work.

i want some good clothes but dont know what to wear.

right now i just wear a plain t shirt (black or navy blue)
and baggy pants (black)
and nothing else.
thats it.

thanks.

(Sic)KNot

Don Juan
Reaction score
man it depends on how old you are, and what type of girls you want to attract as a dj, but the gq style never goes wrong.

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to develop your own sense of style and I don't know what age you are but baggy is not in anymore. Personally I like Express Mens stores but you really need to develop your own sense of style.

Jay_VCU

Don Juan
Reaction score
GQ is basically button-down shirts and dress slacks. I like to switch up. Sometimes you'll see me in jeans and a tee, and the next day I'll have on a shirt and tie. I think wearing a suit for no reason is kinda weird. You could at least say you're wearing it for a job.

windwork

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay_VCU
GQ is basically button-down shirts and dress slacks. I like to switch up. Sometimes you'll see me in jeans and a tee, and the next day I'll have on a shirt and tie. I think wearing a suit for no reason is kinda weird. You could at least say you're wearing it for a job.
thank you.
so do you keep the shirt outside the slacks, or inside the slacks?

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by windwork
thank you.
so do you keep the shirt outside the slacks, or inside the slacks?
I wear mine untucked almost always. If for some reason I wear a coat then I tuck it in.

windwork

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks.

i want to see a picture of a model with GQ clothes.

thats funny, since thats how i USED to dress, but i thought it was not cool to dress untucked button shirt. and i thought tucked button shirt was also not cool.

well ill just do a mix of whatever feels cofortable to me.

lynx

Don Juan
Reaction score
vintage

As some of the replies suggest, it depends on the situation. For instance, I often go to salsa or swing clubs, and they both lend themselves to vintage type of clothes. At the salsa clubs, I often wear ****ies pants (they're only about $19.00 but look good) and a nice guayabera ( about $25.00), this is the kind of shirt that lots of people wear in sunny Latin countries. At swing clubs, I wear ****ies pants as well but, instead of guayaberas, I wear bowling shirts or some other nice shirt that looks vintage. Obviously, I never tuck in guayaberas or bowling shirts. In more formal situations, follow the gq advice that other respondents have given you. Women constantly compliment me on my clothes even though I buy most of them at very low prices.

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
You mentioned baggy black pants. Black jeans are not in style, so do not wear them. Completely plain, thin Hane's-like shirts are also no good. Avoid shirts with a cheesy message or graphic, but small label designs are okay (unless it's Abercrombie, then bigger is fine).

Remember, I'm on a campus. Your generation/environment may vary.

The original poster left out details like his body type. So I will make a brief guideline.

Very thin men should avoid solid black, and to an extent grey, colors unless the shirt is tight, and their shirts short sleeves should not open in a wide radius. Unhealthy, large men should follow the opposite advice.

Your belt should match your shoes and watch band (if leather), unless you are wearing tennis shoes. Try to pick a neutral color tennis shoe, like white, black and greys, unless you like wearing a red shirt to match the red stripe on your shoes. Everyday.

Speaking of watches, choose a classy analog watch. Their look is the most versatile.

Remember, if you feel good about how you look, you'll actually feel and perform better. See the bible for more details.

lynx

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the previous reply, you couldn't see the brand name for the kind of pants I recommended, so I'll mention some other brands that you might be familiar with. Wear Ben Davis pants , Dockers, the polyester pants by Jordach or Levis that look "old school," etc. I'm sure some of you guys are familiar with "deekies" pants (wrong spelling, of course), which is the brand of name I was suggesting in my previous reply.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by windwork
thanks.

i want to see a picture of a model with GQ clothes.

thats funny, since thats how i USED to dress, but i thought it was not cool to dress untucked button shirt. and i thought tucked button shirt was also not cool.

well ill just do a mix of whatever feels cofortable to me.
I suggest looking at Hugo Boss www.hugoboss.com fashions to start. They have many styles to fit different personalities and occasions.

If Hugo's cost seem high, then do some shopping around at quality department stores to find look-alike type styles and build your own wardrobe. For me, it's not always WHO I wear, but what looks good on me. You'll be surprised at the quality of some of the look alikes.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mentioned baggy black pants. Black jeans are not in style, so do not wear them
true, you will look dumb if u dress like that in summer.

YOu gotta try a lot of things to see what you like.

my style- shorts (old navy/abercrombie/express) and shirts polo/old navy , but i do not buy expensive clothes ( shorts for 40$), i get **** on sale.

also, the thing that works for me is a PLAIN white tshirt and shorts. I am tan so i look sexy.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Baggies are out? Not in my scene. I go out local rock/metal/industrial club every weekend. The chicks there vary from goth, skater, indie, punk every type of rock chick. I can attract them all with my gear. I have a variety of unique baggy black trousers, interesting tshirts, and funky trainers. I'm a tall skinny guy. The trick is to have your own style but still look good. Don't let anyone tell you "this is in fashion, this is out of fashion". Think about the type of chicks you want and think about who you wanna be. Be unique.

EDIT: forgot my leather jacket :)

VoodooChild

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. That's something no man should be without. Don't try to cheap-Charlie it and get a pleather; you can tell the difference. Save up and buy the good stuff. You only really NEED one, but if you can afford two or three, great. Get a style that fits your look, but I would recommend staying with the more classic, timeless look if cost is an issue, since that jacket will last forever.

windwork

Don Juan
Reaction score
so what if i want to wear a leather jacket in summer as well
is that ok too?

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had girls tell me I look goddam hot in the following.

DIESEL Ravix Jeans
Abercrombie Vintage White Long Sleeve Button Up W/ Blue stripes (Vertical) (Untucked... tuck it in and your a homo outside of work)
Black Dress Shoes

Plus I wear my personal bling bling! Horseshoe earrings and a Van Morrison type necklace.