Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

closest shave/new razors

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an insanely fast growing beard, I currently use a Schick 3 blade razor but I still have to shave three times a day to look ok. Thats overkill so Im thinking of a new razor. Has anyone tried those new 4 blade razors? Or that new mach M3power (something like that?) razor that sends electric pulses to raise the hair? Do they give closer shaves?

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 times a day!!

man just get a shaver, an electric one you know....theyre like $60 or 70 for a good one, but it looks like you need a good one and cordless too so you can take it with you around or something....

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Never used the Mach 3 Power... But the Mach 3 turbo is the best razor I've ever tried.

taqueso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you need an electric shaver. I have been thinking of switching due to the cost of blades (I currently use Mach3). Anyone have recommendations for a good one? Are those self-cleaning systems any good?

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i saw a remington that supposebly has titatium blades that "slef sharpen".....is $120 but if youll never have to change the blades is worth it, it will pay for itself.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
but dont razors give closer shaves than electrics? I can't even get a close shave with a razor so how would going to an electric help?

imnexthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Ive used both.

On the electric side I have the Braun Synchro (this is their best model with the fancy self cleaning station.)

Pros:
* Very close on the face. Not blade close but very good.
* Self cleaning is not a gimmick. It works very well and completely cleans, sanitizes and oiles the razor every time.

* Sideburn trimmer works very well.

Cons:

* Terrible on the neck and under nose area. At least for me it barely worked.

* Noisy as hell. If you live with in a dorm or with others and wake up first you will wake everyone else up with the sounds of a big block engine revving. Also, the self clean is noisy as well and goes off and on for about 15min. This makes a very loud and kinda funny cow moooing noise.

* Expensive.

Mach 3 Turbo.

Pros:

* Perfect blade shave. Close as hell everywhere hair grows.

* It wont tear up your skin. I get razor burn easily but shave the correct way and moisturize after you are good to go.

Cons:

* Blades are expensive.

In the end I now use the Mach 3 but keep the Braun for its very handy sideburn trimmer.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by undesputable
i saw a remington that supposebly has titatium blades that "slef sharpen".....is $120 but if youll never have to change the blades is worth it, it will pay for itself.
I got this for my birthday 2 months ago, and have been extremely impressed with it. It's called the Remington Titanium SmartSystem, and retails for around 130 at Target. The only thing you need to worry about changing is the cleaning fluid (whenever the 'fluid' light comes on the base unit, and it tells you on the handle how many minutes left your razor has left before it needs recharging. If you've got the money, or the inclination, it's a good buy - though it will get cheaper in not too long I'm sure. Whatever you do, go with a electric razor instead of the normal ones.

To answer your question, there's really no difference between 4 blades and 3 blades - give it another few months and they'll have a 5-blade shaver... It's all marketing.