Cigarettes and exercise..

UnderwearJones

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I kinda wanna bulk up for my girlfriend. She says I look just fine, and it's my choice if I wanna get buff. The thing is, I've been smoking a pack everyday for the past two or three years, and HARDLY EVER work out. I don't wanna keel over and die in the fvcking gym. Can a smoker work out? Is this a bad idea? I don't wanna be Mr. Universe or anything, just define my muscles a bit.

Tips? suggestions? advice?

Thanks!!

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best advice I can give you is don't smoke and just keep on working out.

Get those nikodine(sp?) pads and put them on you constantly so that you can stop smoking. Smoking can effect your lungs, slowing you down in workout so you will HARDLY workout.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO cigarretes are the worst ****, they don't give you anything good unless you are a 13 year old kid trying to look cool.
You CAN work out being a smoker, but you're not gonna last half as a non smoker.
Try to lay them off totally, you are going to thank me when you can breath at age 60 and live 10 more years...

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright.
I do smoke.
I tried to quit this last september. It lasted from september to november.
My increases:
3 inches on chest size.
1 inch on arms.
2 inches on quads.
1 inch and a half on calves.

**** the patch and the gum.
There like 40 bucks for a pack of like 6. (Estimation)
You can go cold turkey.
My dad smoked since he was 16, hes 54.
and he quit. Cold turkey.
But just to tell you, Iam still smoking.
It does affect your workout.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, don't bulk up for your g/f. Bulk for yourself. Do it because it'll make you happy and make you proud of what you can achieve.

dj blass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by OddTech
Dude, don't bulk up for your g/f. Bulk for yourself. Do it because it'll make you happy and make you proud of what you can achieve.
Exactly. Cause what can happen is, once you break up with her, you'll just stop working out at the gym. Its just like everything else, do it because YOU want to..

peace

A

ALaz502

Ya Know, I smoke a pack a day as well. As far as fatigue or getting "winded," it never happens when I lift. It doesn't seem to slow me down whatsoever. The only thing that smoking affects for me is my ability to do cardio. I can't run for more than 1-2 minutes at a time without getting winded(I know...it's pathetic).

I did hear that smoking does slow down muscle growth since it constricts blood flow to the muscles.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you seriously get into lifting, your addiction will switch from smoking to lifting, just like it would switch to heroin if you could. Turn a curse into a blessing.

Sort of on topic, I smoked a cigarette in the cold on morning, and I was SO JAKKED for like 5 hourse thinking about lifting. It's the Jakkest I've ever been.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you want to quit dont get any of those bull**** patches or gum,nothing will help you quit unless YOU want to quit,i tried patches and after a while i got addicted to the ****en patch and started smoking again to quit patches...

UnderwearJones

Reaction score
Looks like it's quitin' time, boys.

BTW..

Is there a workout that's good for TONING muscles(legs, arms, abs, ass.)?? Keep in mind, I only wanna visit the gym twice a week.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No such thing as toning, only building.

2 days a week, then you want to do one day of Legs & back, and do pecs, shoulders, and arms on day 2.