"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Cholesterol (myth) and Eggs

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
4,113
Reaction score
29
Because you guys seem so hysterical about cholesterol and eggs ..

Among numerous health myths, one particularly skewed belief is that eggs are bad for your heart; however, eating eggs on a daily basis may prove to hold numerous health benefits, especially a decreased risk of heart disease. Research showed that, in healthy adults, eating eggs every day did not produce:

* A negative effect on endothelial function, an aggregate measure of cardiac risk.
* An increase in cholesterol levels.

Additionally, in their effort to blow the "egg myth" out of the water, researchers assessed the effect both egg and oat ingestion had on endothelial function in 49 adults. Participants were assigned to eat two eggs or oats every day for six weeks.

Throughout the study period, researchers noted that flow-mediated dilation (FMD), which measures how well the endothelium acts to keep blood moving by widening the blood vessel, was stable in both groups and did not significantly differ between them.

Effects of Eggs/Oats on Cholesterol

Not only did the results prove that dietary cholesterol from eggs had a much smaller effect on cardiac risk than saturated fat, it also showed that six weeks of:

*

Egg consumption had no effect on total cholesterol or LDL.
*

Oat consumption significantly lowered levels of both total cholesterol and LDL (a finding that may perpetuate a flawed belief that oats may be better for you).

International Journal of Cardiology March 10, 2005; Volume 99, Issue 1, Pages 65-70
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

semag

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 31, 2002
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
1
Age
42
i've been throwin down about 6 whole eggs a day.
 

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
569
Reaction score
4
"Omega Eggs" - feeding chickens a specialized diet results in eggs that have most of the normal saturated fat replaced by omega fatty acids.
 

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
4,113
Reaction score
29
How many yolks a day?
123812904702372907590237. On toast. With black pepper and chilli powder.

YOU CANNOT COOKIE-CUTTER THIS STUFF. It all depends on the rest of your diet, your fat intake, is your body okay with eggs, etc ..

I've been on a 24-eggs-a-day eating phase at some point in my life, would I recommend that to anyone here? Unless they had identical genes, dietary disposition, workout regime and protein/fat requirements, then NO.

Eat as many as you think you need, pure and simple. Then adjust accordingly as you monitor results.

"Omega Eggs" - feeding chickens a specialized diet results in eggs that have most of the normal saturated fat replaced by omega fatty acids.
Omega eggs are purely a marketing ploy and give no more benefits than 'normal' eggs. Pouring flaxseed oil over the chicken feed supposedly increases the omega-3 content of the eggs - but eggs aren't deficient in omega-3s or 6s anyway, even with regular feed - and definitely the EFA content isn't altered by different feed.

Stick with flax, fish, walnuts, seeds etc for omega 3s.

And normal eggs contain very little saturated fat, most of it is mono and polyunsaturated fat.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Rumpsteak

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Sweden
Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't thinking of protein/fat and other basic nutritional values of eggs, just of the cholesterol. I skimmed through some of the studies and they seem to all be based on 1-2 eggs/day. It's obviously individual but I was referring to the cholesterol solely.

Has anybody seen a study of 4+ eggs/day with an otherwise high protein/low sat. fat diet?
 

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
4,113
Reaction score
29
Oh, good god mate. You're sounding like an old woman.

A friend of mine is a powerlifter, eats 12-24 eggs a day and his cholesterol is actually lower than the average.

What about the mercury in tuna? You're supposed to have two servings of tuna PER WEEK. I eat three cans a day. Again, so far I haven't got mercury poisoning.

If you're serious about adding some muscle and eating big, then you've got to let go of all these trepiditions - drinks lots and lots of water, take your vitamin/mineral supplements, plenty of fruit and veg, couple all this with exercise and weights and you'll be in perfect health.
 

Rumpsteak

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Sweden
Alright pal, calm down. I can understand if you're frustrated with dieting newbies afraid of eating certain foods. For the record, I never believe in any of the crap that is written in newspapers to scare old ladies.

I believe the reason that many are concerned with cholesterol is the fact that heart attacks are a very common cause of death in the western world, whereas mercury poisoning is not. I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm not willing to sacrifice 30 years of my life to be big. Let's face it - certain foods are bad for your health.

This discussion is over, since I'm now convinced that eggs are indeed not a major reason for high blood cholesterol levels unless combined with other unhealthy foods.

Thanks for the input. I'm off to boil some eggs.

Edit: typo
 

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
4,113
Reaction score
29
I believe the reason that many are concerned with cholesterol is the fact that heart attacks are a very common cause of death in the western world,
Because everyone sits on their arses all day, is grossly overweight (obese), take no exercise and eat prepared meals packed with saturated fat. THAT'S WHY.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Rumpsteak

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Sweden
Because everyone sits on their arses all day, is grossly overweight (obese), take no exercise and eat prepared meals packed with saturated fat. THAT'S WHY.
Indeed. I never thought eggs was the reason people died in their fifties, but I wanted to know more about increasing the daily cholesterol intake to 500% of recommended values. I believe saturated fat intake and not exercising are problems of a much higher severity.
 

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
4,113
Reaction score
29
Man, you'll find that daily recommended values 1) are cookie-cuttered for a non-existing body template (much like jeans sizes), 2) generally fall short of practical needs and 3) in our, case DO NOT take into account the fact that we're bodybuilders/athletes, not 'average 9-5 office job' people as indeed, most of these RDAs are intended for.

So stuff the RDAs. Have the occasional health check if it makes you feel better, but DO NOT GO BY RDA NUMBERS.
 

Rumpsteak

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2005
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Sweden
I know. They suck for our purposes and I have never used them. I was just wondering how come they had such a low recommendation in cholesterol intake if this doesn't affect blood cholesterol. I completely understand RDA:s are very counter-productive for building major muscle mass.
 
Top