Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Chili's

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just about every chain restaurant is overrated. Find a locally owned and operated restaurant if you want good food.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stud said:
Just about every chain restaurant is overrated. Find a locally owned and operated restaurant if you want good food.
I do not concur. Chain restaurants offer consistency. Something that independently owned places do not always give you.

I would suggest anyone traveling overseas to go with chain restaurants. Breks in Italy, Lido's in Latvia, Yolki-Palki in Moscow, anything from Mirovaya Karta in Kiev, Double Coffees in Latvia, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Estonia, or Cili Pizzas in Latvia, Lithuania, or Ukraine. Those are all good safe choices. McDonalds out of America can be quite nice as well. Just go to one on a weekend night and try to get a seat. Those places are popping with all kinds of folks. Nothing like the American version. I have taken a number of beautiful young things out on dates to McDonalds! There is a McDonalds right by the Kreshchatik Metro in Kiev. Try it on a Sunday night. Yes, Sunday night. Better than any American bar I have ever been to. Don't ask why, but Sunday night.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chili's literary uses sex to sale food. The food is not great. it's not bad but it's not great. But a bunch of 19-20 year old tight ass perky tits waitresses, you can sale just about anything.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of those middle-market sitdown corporate chains have really crappy food.

Exceptions? Texas Roadhouse is all I can think of.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:

Word. Most chains like Applebee's or TGIF's go through workers and cooks like every day so you never know when your food is sh1t or tastes good.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
never in my life have ever been to applebees or TGIF's

i kinda like chili's though. i like certain things they have, they taste good to me. I mean it's overrated but it does the track sometimes.

U

user43770

I just wrote a long post about my hate of chain restaurants and lost the entire thing. That is all.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love restaurants and lived the restaurant life. I worked in the industry for a number of years over the past decade, in a handful of restaurants, and I've had roommates who were co-workers. I enjoyed many nights hanging out and having drinks with co-workers after a long tough shift. I've heard all their gripes and complaints over their customers and management, along with their genuine praise of good dishes. There are definitely differences between working in a corporate restaurant and independently owned restaurant, but I would say there's not much of a real difference from a consumer perspective. Corporatization does tend to lead to higher prices and having too many store locations, but there's a greater emphasis on consistency and the quality of the food itself can still be pretty darn good, depending on how much you're willing to pay for the dining experience.

When you dine out, you're really paying for the experience (along with the mundane costs of business). Waiters and waitresses are performers, memorizing every ingredient in every menu item, memorizing descriptions, memorizing the wine list, all the steps of service, and imbuing their performances with their personality and professionalism, in an suitably sociable environment. Restaurants are a communal social ritual. While people can and do cook good meals in their homes for a fraction of the cost, restaurants are fulfilling of people's need to be socially ritualistic animals. Combine this with differences in socioeconomics, whether certain restaurants are overrated is relative to their social class.

Chili's is a one star restaurant (I think). It's at the bottom of the food chain except for zero star restaurants which are mom & pop. So, I would beg to differ with Chili's being 'overrated' since it's ranked at the near bottom of restaurants. The five star ranking system is inversely exponential in such that four and five star restaurants are as rare as a black swan, and three stars is the best most people will ever be able to dine in. Find restaurants which are Zagat rated and you should be reliably satisfied, regardless whether it's independently or corporately owned.

With that said, I personally prefer ethnic foods like Japanese, Greek, Turkish, and ethnic restaurants are generally independently owned.
Julius_Seizeher:

I've never tried Texas Roadhouse but I can think of Brio Tuscan Grille, Bucca di Beppo, PF Changs, and Elephant Bar, which I think are all two star restaurants.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh. After I had a roach crawl through mychips and dip I haven't been back to Chilis again.