Chicks love guitars

K Street

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MattK
Learn some Counting Crows songs, that should get them every time.
Very true. Gin Blossoms songs work well too, but their songs are mainly electric.

For an acoustic, try anything by Jack Johnson. He's like John Mayer, only with talent.

Underrated song to play for the ladies: "Sunshower" by Chris Cornell.

Reaction score
"Sunshower" and "Say Hello to Heaven" are awesome songs by Chris Cornell and also some Soundgarden maybe....

And some STP will always do the trick.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a guitar player, have played for a while. I get the girls eyes on me when I'm jamming, but can honestly say its never directly scored me a girl.

Of course I have met girls through the bands I'm in, so maybe it has! I did have a few groupies that I had to toss back too, so I guess it is good.

But I Play for ME and noone else. I love it.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've got the technique and the feel: FLAMENCO! Gets 'em wet just standing there listening to you. Go for the passionate/romantic style instead of the hard rasceado style (even though that's more fun). I've seen whole roomfuls of women melt...

If flamenco isn't your thing and you can cover blues progressions with the blues scale--improvising, kinda slow like, you'll do much the same.

It's all about feel--slower, with feel, some passion--will always do it.

Think: FEEL.

Think: VOICING (can't beat the breathiness of a strat/marshal combo for the electric, though...)

Slower--use slurs all the time to get that voicing in.

Spanish stuff--major chords, sure, with variations on the typical I/IV/V structure, or go with the modes (phrygian???---hints of flamenco here: think Am/G/F/E with the scale you'd normally use for C--fun times!) You'll especially sound sweet if you can play chordal leads with 2 and 3 note accents (playing thirds always gives a sweet sound) thown in.

Specific songs may not be required, improvise by learning to combine riffs that "speak" within the chordal progression. It may be a song no one ever heard before, but they won't care--you made that guitar sing!

Oh--showing my age here--I'd never trot this out at a party, but the chordal progression to Little Wing is always fun to lose yourself in.

pilot0001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol...

How about "Big Balls" from ACDC? That should bust'm up.
Actually I've done that everybody must get stoned from bob dylan. That gets everyone going every time.

Oh about talking to a chick on the phone while playing guitar... I'll have to remember that next time they turn on the tube while I'm talkin to them. And by tube I mean TV... not that other tube.

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Music

Try Learning Clapton's version of Classical Gas. It's fairly hard to play but sounds really impressive.

IDMeansNothing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Success! so I thought I'd revisit...

I posted on this thread a month ago when was first created, but have another song to add to the list that worked magic for me Friday...

Granted, I've been seeing this girl for a few months now but we don't get to see each other too often - a couple times a month. Anyway Friday night we had a late coffee together and finished just before 10:00. I told her I would bring my acoustic (she's been playing piano for 18 years, so she 'understands' music - I'll throw in here also that I play by ear - but cheat with tab every now and then).

So we leave Ruby Tuesday's and go to a park by the lake. It was dark and we sit down on a picinic tabletop. She asks if I can play in the dark ... Dunno - never tried. Right, so I proceed to tell her that I've been learning a new song this week, and the guitar is tuned for this particular song, so I'd play it for her before tuning back up.

The song: The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin. I found a tab that is PERFECT!

Anyway, I played the song (no singing yet). SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY FLOORED. She said "It's beautiful" and that she had no idea I played so well (uh, she has a CD of mine). The next two hours went by like 5 minutes. Her IL has been raised several notches... was high already (No, you get no details about kissing/hugging/snuggling/fvcking yada yada - I'm too old for posting that stuff), but the next morning she bought me breakfast, made several different comments about a variety of subject relating to us (too detailed to post), etc. Today, she saw me online and asked me a question. I answered and immediately asked her the same thing back, then I asked her why she asked... Her answer: "No particular reason...just to know your likes and dislikes".

I'm not attribuiting it all to that one song, but things are falling into place nicely now.

If anyone's been trying to learn The Rain Song but gotten frustrated because they can't find the right tab, let me know and i'll post the link. It's tough if you don't know the right tuning.

YES!!!

Frank Zappa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To keep it short, throughout highschool and at the beach, counting crows, allman brothers- sweet melissa, Mr. Big- To be with you, and Jack Johnson have all yielded very high success for me. Those are good chick slayers. ~Zappa

IDMeansNothing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Frank Zappa
~Zappa
The Illinois Enema Bandit, and everything off Apostrophe('), too!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Speed Demond

Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple songs that get the girls going are :
Every Rose has it's thorns by poison
Push by matchbox 20
just songs that are slow and intemate

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go classical.

Been playing 11 years. A female friend of mine, now married, told me she actually masturbated after listening to Barrios' Vals N.3

Zoso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Around here a lot of girls love Dave Matthews. Last year at the school variety show a group played Ants Marching and the audience went nuts. Stuff like Crash Into Me, Lie In Our Graves, #41, or Crush would be good.

The song: The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin. I found a tab that is PERFECT!
Can you post a link?

trevor2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
I could kick all of your asses at guitar!!

METAL RULES!!!

It's all about Iron Maiden, Megadeth, In Flames, Motorhead, AC/DC, etc......

IDMeansNothing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trevor2003
I could kick all of your asses at guitar!!

METAL RULES!!!

It's all about Iron Maiden, Megadeth, In Flames, Motorhead, AC/DC, etc......
That's funny as hell!

Zoso!!! Gotta love that!

Here's the link for The Rain Song... I used the first tab. There are three. The last one is in standard tuning! I didn't even try...

http://www.aztabs.com/l\ledzeppelin/rainsong.asp