Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Low carb = low testosterone. This is irrefutable scientific fact proven with countless studies. You need carbs to exercise. You need them for proper endocrine function. You need them to keep cortisol in check. You need them for proper brain function, body function, and mood maintenance. You need carbs.

The ideal carb fuel sources for T are potatoes, rice and corn. Grains are 2nd tier, but still fine as long as they are whole grain. I eat all of them.

Keto dieting and generally depriving yourself of any macronutrient for a lean physique is feminine behavior. Women are by nature less biologically apt for vigorous physical activity (not out hunting, fighting, and protecting) and maintain proper body fat primarily through diet and portion control. Fad diets are targeted toward, and mainly intended, for women.

You need to moderate carb intake in order to prevent excess body fat storage, but they are necessary for an active, healthy lifestyle (which you should all have).

If you notice a slight paunch developing, maybe you're a little rounder in the cheeks, spend more time doing cardio, less time worrying about your carb intake.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eating 5 meals a day is only necessary if you want to add serious mass, and you can even do that by eating 3 meals. Arnold said it best, 5 meals worked for him because he was not a big eater in general. He needed the calories, because he was lifting the hell out of weights all the time.

However, the food choices you quote are not bad. Obviously, if you eat proper portions of chicken, broccoli and rice for 3 meals a day, you'll become pretty lean and healthy. Many bodybuilders do things like this, in order to keep it simple. The keys here is the clean protein, minerals from the vegetables and the energy from the carbs. You'll get the fat from the meat or if you cook the the vegetables in olive oil, whatever. Get you some avocado or flaxseed, etc., not rocket science. You can vary the foods, add steak, fish, whatever. I like to add some fruits in there, especially in the morning, for the vitamins and fiber.

I generally keep these things in thirds. Then, according to your goals, up the percentage of one or the other.

Intermittent fasting doesn't work for me, but I do it sometimes because I don't like eating breakfast. But I've seen no noticeable improvement in anything due to that. Maybe it works for other guys.

I've read some people talk about food combining, basically do not mix protein and carbs. Never saw any appreciable benefit from that either, but I do it at times to cut calories.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with the food industry and studies on them is that a lot of it is politically and financially motivated. Medical industry is a large market, so there is not much incentive to have people to stop eating certain foods. This goes double in America where we have the government literally paying to feed crap to kids. Public school food is one of the worst stuff you can eat, for example. Your body is very good about telling you what to eat and what is good or bad for you. Your eyes and tongue, too. So all these science and articles are never consistent because of these factors. But I think the best diets are the ones that healthy people followed, especially those of athletes. If they lived good and don't show any problems, they're likely the better inspiration. You want to learn how to play basketball, you watch the best players. Same for what food to eat. Don't think on it too much. Just try the palettes out until you get down a good list that you prefer. Food is a lot about preference, too.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try adding raw coconut to your diet.

africanbadboy

Reaction score
It's a boring way to eat. But one thing I found is that I never felt bloated or anything when I ate it. But I don't get my heart racing either like I do when I eat grilled steak. Clean eating is weird, honestly. It's like you are neutral energy wise, but it's not like anything is happening either. How do I put it...it's like being inside a house with the windows open letting the sun in across your clean counter and tiled floor with some grass outside with the sprinklers on. But there's no life to it.
You can eat it just for dinner and your good to go

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat 1.5-2 lbs of chicken breasts daily. That's a constant

I can add any kind of spices, carb sides, vegetables, fat free sauces along with it.

Doesn't need to be the same exact dish daily.

But chicken brocolli rice will never fail you, plus it's easy to calculate calories if on route to a pro show.

Doesn't matter to me, as I'm just interested in staying fit.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat 1.5-2 lbs of chicken breasts daily. That's a constant

I can add any kind of spices, carb sides, vegetables, fat free sauces along with it.

Doesn't need to be the same exact dish daily.

But chicken brocolli rice will never fail you, plus it's easy to calculate calories if on route to a pro show.

Doesn't matter to me, as I'm just interested in staying fit.
Sauces and spices are absolutely the way to go!

Even though eating lots of chicken is a meme, it definitely helps in hitting your macros. You eat lots of it, and hitting that protein goal is effortless.

Since I do OMAD, I even have room for full calorie sauces, which gives me even more variety. But I will say, Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch may be even better than the original.

Also, I’ll swap the rice for air fryer French Fries lol.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sauces and spices are absolutely the way to go!

Even though eating lots of chicken is a meme, it definitely helps in hitting your macros. You eat lots of it, and hitting that protein goal is effortless.

Since I do OMAD, I even have room for full calorie sauces, which gives me even more variety. But I will say, Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch may be even better than the original.

Also, I’ll swap the rice for air fryer French Fries lol.
Lmao air fryer french fries are alright. Insane how I had that yesterday with chicken.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m having that tomorrow too lol. Air fryer fries in low fat Ranch with my chicken, so good. Crazy that I can eat food that tasty on a diet.
Btw this is an example of temptation bundling I mentioned in the other post.

Lmao air fryer french fries are alright. Insane how I had that yesterday with chicken.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Btw this is an example of temptation bundling I mentioned in the other post.
Yeah man that’s the way to do it. I didn’t realize it had a name before you brought it up. The meal I’ve been doing lately has been a homemade Chicken Chipotle Bowl with beans, rice, guac, Salsa, and Sour Cream.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get tired of chicken breasts (I sure do), get boneless skinless thighs. Just as versatile and easy to cook, but it’s dark meat, much fattier and jucier. It’s hard to get sick of them.