"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Chick at Work

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
376
Reaction score
4
Location
Toronto
I'm usually pretty good with girls, but for some reason, I just can't figure out what to do.

This chick I work with (we are both seasonal hires, so we won't be working together past January) at American Eagle, I tease her a lot, and she is always flirting with me, she's even buying me a christmas gift. Shes already invited me to this dance thing shes in, she apparently a hip hop dancer and has been in videos, but no one big, but here's the catch.

She has a boyfriend.. Personally to me, boyfriends when your 19 are like money, they come and go so often, so at first I had no problem teasing her, touching her etc.

So my question is, do I just go for date now, or should I find out the status with her boyfriend.

Wow, first time I've felt so unsure of myself.

thanks
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Bussey
I'm usually pretty good with girls, but for some reason, I just can't figure out what to do.

This chick I work with (we are both seasonal hires, so we won't be working together past January) at American Eagle, I tease her a lot, and she is always flirting with me, she's even buying me a christmas gift. Shes already invited me to this dance thing shes in, she apparently a hip hop dancer and has been in videos, but no one big, but here's the catch.

She has a boyfriend.. Personally to me, boyfriends when your 19 are like money, they come and go so often, so at first I had no problem teasing her, touching her etc.

So my question is, do I just go for date now, or should I find out the status with her boyfriend.

Wow, first time I've felt so unsure of myself.

thanks
shes got no bf if ur goin out wit her.
 

unistork

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Well she's got a BF she could just be flirty but have no feelings involved. currently she probably sees you as just a friend nothing more.

see I learned the hard way.. i used to like this chick who had a boyfriend and I thought she liked me so i would ask her to dinner and she would go with me.. but in her mind it was all "friend" thing while she still bangs her bf.. do you really want to be involved with a chick whos already involved? also and lets say she does leave her bf for you, what do you think she would do in a few months if some other guy comes along and tries to flirt with her and then she dumps you for the new guy? just something to think about.
 

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
376
Reaction score
4
Location
Toronto
LOL, She's never "banged" her boyfriend. She told me shes still a virgin soo lol. Shes a really shy kinda girl, but when she opens up shes really cool, and what an amazing body!

Meh, I know what I'll do now. Thanks man.
 

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
Its inappropriate to flirt at work. You say something that offends her, and you're fired. Or another employee is offended, you're both fired. And no, you're very wrong with the whole "boyfriends at 19 are like money, they come and go so often" is bs. All of the girls i know that are sophomores and older at my school are all serious. And certainly not coming and going with different guys. Honestly, if she's flirting with you when she's got a boyfriend, what does that show you about what kind of girl she is? If she cheats on this boyfriend she's got now, she'll cheat on you.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
376
Reaction score
4
Location
Toronto
Inappropriate at work? Well if it was something that was going to be my career for life, then yea I would agree. But I'm only hired until January 31st, so whatever, plus the environment is soo awesome there, I flirt with customers all the time, (Guess what... I'm top sales person) and my boss loves me, and I flirt with her too! (She's 26)

And as you said "she's flirting with you when she's got a boyfriend, what does that show you about what kind of girl she is? If she cheats on this boyfriend she's got now, she'll cheat on you."

Thats fine, I'm not looking for a relationship. Just someone to have fun with. And hell if it does turn into a relationship and she does cheat, whatever, its not an 'end of my life' situation. Yea I'd be hurt, but it won't kill me lol. TOOOO many guys take that sooooooo seriously because they get waaaayyyy to emotionally attached.

I'd be really hurt and offended and sad etc, if we were going out for more then 6 months, but till then, my concept of "BF's are like money" applies.

Thanks for your input tho. I do appreciate your concerns.
 

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
477
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
the Netherlands
My advice? Wait until about 2 days before you stop working... and ask her out. In the meanwhile, try and warm her up for the fact that you're digging her despite of her boyfriend. You could also try to take a day off just before you ask her out, so she'll realize that she really likes being around you.

If it doesn't work out, at least you won't have to work along side her for much longer ;)
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by unistork
Well she's got a BF she could just be flirty but have no feelings involved. currently she probably sees you as just a friend nothing more.

see I learned the hard way.. i used to like this chick who had a boyfriend and I thought she liked me so i would ask her to dinner and she would go with me.. but in her mind it was all "friend" thing while she still bangs her bf.. do you really want to be involved with a chick whos already involved? also and lets say she does leave her bf for you, what do you think she would do in a few months if some other guy comes along and tries to flirt with her and then she dumps you for the new guy? just something to think about.
this kind of girl is still good for sex.
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Bussey
LOL, She's never "banged" her boyfriend. She told me shes still a virgin soo lol. Shes a really shy kinda girl, but when she opens up shes really cool, and what an amazing body!

Meh, I know what I'll do now. Thanks man.
dont believe everything you've heard.
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by LuvMyArmyMan
Its inappropriate to flirt at work. You say something that offends her, and you're fired. Or another employee is offended, you're both fired. And no, you're very wrong with the whole "boyfriends at 19 are like money, they come and go so often" is bs. All of the girls i know that are sophomores and older at my school are all serious. And certainly not coming and going with different guys. Honestly, if she's flirting with you when she's got a boyfriend, what does that show you about what kind of girl she is? If she cheats on this boyfriend she's got now, she'll cheat on you.
how is it innappropriate to flirt at work?
its fine, just as long as u follow the response u get, obviously this guy can keep it out of work.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Location
hyphy bay area, ca
If you get fired for some **** like that, it wasn't worth it in the first place.

Anyways man, just act like she don't have a boyfriend, unless she talks about him ALL the time. See what you can "do";) with her, cuz that's all girls who cheat on their boyfriends are good for anyway. Don't date her, just "see what's up"... I personally would not touch that girl but if you like my suggestion.. it's up in the air :)

Keep us updated!
 

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
Well a guy i worked with got fired for constantly flirting with customers and fellow employees. Eventually his comments turned sexual and that is sexual harassment. You might say something jokingly, but someone might get offended even if you didnt mean it. It doenst matter how long you stay with the company, flirting is simply unprofessional. I get very uncomfortable when male sales associates flirt with me into buying stuff. And, i also get uncomfortable when i'm trying to shop in a store and employees aren't helping me when i need it because they're too busy flirting. I guess it all depends on the customer, but if a customer got offended by something you said when you were flirting with her, you'd get fired in a second because the customer is always right. All i'm saying, is that you have to watch out when you jump into that territory.
 

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
376
Reaction score
4
Location
Toronto
I agree completely! It never starts off by flirting, just ask if they need help, ask a few personal questions like "who are you shopping for?" etc.. then it just turns into a bit of fun. If right away the person is like "Im fine, just looking." Then yea, I don't flirt with her lol.

You should hear all the drama that goes on at AE. My boss's bf is breaking up with her, shes all upset, and then her cousin is an ******* for some reason. Yada Yada Yada. But I don't think I'd get fired for flirting, Im not going up to a girl and saying "I wanna take you to the back and **** you." Its rarely sexual flirting, unless she started it.
 
Top