Chevy Impala 2003

kk2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a Chevy Impala maybe 2003 or 2002 which I could get close to 12k or less.

Im looking to buy my first car and I want a sedan but a sedan with the most horsepower and a nice interior.

I figure the cops use impala's and they can be modified like hell and I can get the base 220hp to like 300 or more.

HateOnMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
new or used for ur 12 k limit, theres probaly more car options with that price, and is this for modding?

kk2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
used

a used car I prefer 10k really. My parents are getting it for me.

yeah I need a car american or japanesse, that has at least 200 horsepower and the more the better and has great handling and turns and corners like a pro, and has a decent interior.

I heard the chevy impala sucks from the reviews.

give me some ideas, and acceleration is very important.

no not modding

Last edited:

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're looking for modification, you can buy a turbo kit for the Chevy 3800 engine that gives you 420 ft. lbs of torque. I forget who makes it though.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Acura TL 270hp :)
or Acural RL if you want to buy a 50k dollar car\

Actually joking about the above. IM sure if this is your first car you wont be looking to ACrua. Keep in my mind the NIssan maximas. Great cars

HateOnMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Subaru Impreza Rs, its not 200 hp but it is 165 with awd. These guys were built to be rally cars, so im pretty sure it can take turns.
http://www.nctd.com/printversion-review.cfm?ReviewID=715
The price range should be alot lower then the one stated on that website, Ive seen some for 10gs maybe a lil more but not by too much.

Porsche 944 Turbo 86+
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=7&article_id=1453&page_number=5
No matter how old a Porsche is, they should still be able to handle and turn like a champ. But like a Porsche the maintenance can still be hefty
Should be able to find one around 6gs, if its like 8+gs its a rip off man.

mazda Rx-7 fd
This car is soooo hot, im not even kidding. Now this is a sports car.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_RX-7
I couldn't find the hp on this thing, but if ur worried about that, just save some money and slap a big turbo on this thing, and you'll be smokin.
This thing is rotary so maintenance is gonna be a *****. Also is a 2 seater. You can find one with ur price range definitly.

Toyota Mr2 Turbo
2 seater as well
http://www.supercars.net/garages/dahldrin/3v2.html
It really is another beautiful car to look at and has a bite. Probaly find one around the 4 g range

Well theres probaly more, but these are my favorites. If the car you find is selling and has hella mods, I suggest u not get it, for sure the owner has drivin the hell out of them. Hopefully someone can post up some domestics, I don' know too much about those. Well happy hunting here are some sites to help.

http://Craigslist.org
http://Autotrader.com
http://autos.yahoo.com

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Acrua Rsx-S which i bought 3 weeks ago and love!
a 4cylinder with 200hp ! and it can handle like a mofo.

kk2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well

My pops said okay to a ford mustang Yesss...Im going to buy a Gt and up that from like 260 hp to like 400 hp...haha thats gonna be smoking.

Now'll have to save money for the tranny, cuz 400 horses's and the car has to be modified to handle power like that.

Man Do I need power like that...I dont know.

How much horsepower could I get from adding the kit to the 3800 engine, I like the fact its a sedan which makes it bigger.

KaminoSS

Don Juan
Reaction score
a turboed impala would be damn fast but most liky not 400 horses more in the low 300s, and witha turbo if done wrong can result in blown head gaskets :down: how ever if you want space the impala is good. just have the kit professionaly done, enless youve built a turbo motor before.

now the mustang would be WAY faster. but very cramped on room. but if you upgrade the mustang go for a magnacharger brand supercharger :up: its simple to install fairy well priced and puts out AMAZING results copmpared to other brands. if you have any questions on either cars feel free to pm me. i know my ****

HateOnMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
What year mustang you getting? How much is the Mustang Cobra?

kk2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ic

Mustang Cobra's are very expensive, gt's are good maybe a 2001 for 11k with 40,000miles. I might just get a regular one.

Yes I probably will have it professionaly installed

but can the mustang seat four comfortably.

I mean the impala is great but the mustang speed is awsome.

Any other sedans with maybe 300 hp possibilty?

Or I could go with a Nissan Maxima

HateOnMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah forgot about the Nissan 300zx 4 seater coupe. I think it comes already turboed so 200 hp won't be an issue.

KaminoSS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: ic

Originally posted by kk2004

but can the mustang seat four comfortably.

Any other sedans with maybe 300 hp possibilty?
the mustang is far from a sedan but isnt that uncomfortable. but it will get cramped. and actualy the crown vic aka cop car is a damn fast car. also you can get them off law enforcement chaep with extra modifications. if you dont what that "image" of a cop car look into these :

1. old BMWs
2. buick grand national (theses a FVCKIN FAST)
3. chevelle or malibu (1964- 72)
4. that lincoln forgot the name.
5. 1967 couger ( fast as hell and fits comfortably)

i personaly wopuld go with the mustang, its fast, easy to work on and is a damn good looking car.

kk2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I know

The mustang looks hella cool...

but the Impala is good too since it can get some decent horsepower itself. Maybe from the SS of 240 to like 300 like you said.

But Mustangs can go from 260 to 400 with this Kit I know about.

No I Really dont like those old cars anyway.

Are there any good japanese cars that I can buy for under 10k with like at least 250 hp or more.

Does the mustang handle well?
Does the mustang turn corners well?
Does the mustang have a smooth lincoln town car feel to it?

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Impala SS + pulley swap = huge HP.

The SS has 240HP and 280 lb-ft of torque stock. For 50 bucks that pulley can be changed and add some more boost.

Look at the Pontiac GTP. Same engine. People have been getting them into the 12's with not a huge amount of mods.

SinisaD

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd go for the Nissan Maxima. Has nice power about 300 i belive, drives like a charm, looks awsome (expecially in black color but any car in black looks awsome :) ), Has awsome interior + has tons of space in it, i havent driven one car yet that has as much space in it! But if I were you, don't just take our advice for it man, go out with ur parents and look at the car's we are talking about, check them out for yourself, ask the sales b!tch some questions abot em. And yes TEST drive them just cuz u test drive it don't mean u have to buy it!

O but anyways currently I drive this :

01 Dodge Ram 2500 3/4 ton.
*Magna flow twin exausts (extra 15 hp) sounds like a damn earthquake
*20" tires
*lift kit
*400hp
*Total gas hog :) but hey am not like any other chump driving a so common damn audi, bmw, or mercedes, I see so many of those b!itches now...

Anyways my opinion

-Sinisa