Another thread where perhaps we can share some of our worst chat up experiences to indicate what doesn't work or just for a laugh.
A couple spring to mind for me:
I was talking to a girl in a bar for an hour and things were going very well. She said to me "This is such an interesting conversation, I'm glad we got talking". I replied, "Yeah, whatever it takes to get you into bed".
I sincerely meant it as a joke and nothing more, but she took offence. I told her it wasn't meant seriously, but she insisted it was a hint disguised as a joke and said she'd never sleep with a guy who had a one-track mind. Oh well.
Another disaster was when I was talking to a girl at work while smoking. She was *****ing about this arrogant girl we knew and I kind of switched off and just kept agreeing. At one point I said "I see what your saying" and she just lowered her head, excused herself and went inside.
A woman who was smoking next to us and had overheard us speaking said to me "That was tactless of you". I asked her what I did wrong and she explained that the girl was fishing for a compliment and had just said "I don't think anyone could find me attractive" and I had agreed.
Worse still, instead of apologising and letting it be known I found her attractive, I said nothing about it. She must have thought I was real cold.
A couple spring to mind for me:
I was talking to a girl in a bar for an hour and things were going very well. She said to me "This is such an interesting conversation, I'm glad we got talking". I replied, "Yeah, whatever it takes to get you into bed".
I sincerely meant it as a joke and nothing more, but she took offence. I told her it wasn't meant seriously, but she insisted it was a hint disguised as a joke and said she'd never sleep with a guy who had a one-track mind. Oh well.
Another disaster was when I was talking to a girl at work while smoking. She was *****ing about this arrogant girl we knew and I kind of switched off and just kept agreeing. At one point I said "I see what your saying" and she just lowered her head, excused herself and went inside.
A woman who was smoking next to us and had overheard us speaking said to me "That was tactless of you". I asked her what I did wrong and she explained that the girl was fishing for a compliment and had just said "I don't think anyone could find me attractive" and I had agreed.
Worse still, instead of apologising and letting it be known I found her attractive, I said nothing about it. She must have thought I was real cold.