Charm, let's define it

arq-dj1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey fellas...

I was talking to my gf while we were watching constantine, and she said that she thinks Keanu is full of CHARM... later, i asked her what she thought about Eminem, and the same answer came, he is charming, later she also added that after he starts speaking, he looses all the charm...

well guys, i would delve in this particular subject, but i have no ideia how to define charm, or even make logical steps to get it

i know that it's the way you portray yourself, thats all hehe

help me out here, ty

The Rake

Don Juan
Reaction score
A male charmer is a dude who knows how to push a woman's buttons through compliments (or flattery) in order to get what he wants (into her panties). He's a veritible romantic Don Juan, a Casanova. He knows women and what makes them tick. He appeals to a woman's sense of adventure, risque behavior and "joie de vivre". He loves women and believes in mutual pleasure. He's a rake, a playboy, an unbridled unicorn.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
unbridled unicorn

hahahahahhaha what a h0m0. next thing your gonna say "HE RESIDES IN THE LAND OF ELVES AND RAINBOWS!"

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WHat a shame

Originally posted by Julian
hahahahahhaha what a h0m0. next thing your gonna say "HE RESIDES IN THE LAND OF ELVES AND RAINBOWS!"
WHy are you making fun of his post? True "unbridaled unicorn is a little much but damn, give him a break, overall what he says make sense.

high desert dj

Don Juan
Reaction score
charming means being masculine and polite at the same time.
now polite doesnt mean be "nice".you could tease a girl a little bit and make her laugh and thats polite.as long as she knows you were just playing it made yer laugh it was polite.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From online dictionary
1. The power or quality of pleasing or delighting; attractiveness: a breezy tropical setting of great charm.

2. A particular quality that attracts; a delightful characteristic: A mischievous grin was among the child's many charms.

3. A small ornament, such as one worn on a bracelet.

4. An item worn for its supposed magical benefit, as in warding off evil; an amulet.

5. An action or formula thought to have magical power.

6. The chanting of a magic word or verse; incantation.

7. Physics. A quantum property of the charm quark whose conservation explains the absence of certain strange-particle decay modes and that accounts for the longevity of the J particle.

Charm to me is the ability to make people around you feel happy and at ease.

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
right

Originally posted by comote
From online dictionary
1. The power or quality of pleasing or delighting; attractiveness: a breezy tropical setting of great charm.

2. A particular quality that attracts; a delightful characteristic: A mischievous grin was among the child's many charms.

3. A small ornament, such as one worn on a bracelet.

4. An item worn for its supposed magical benefit, as in warding off evil; an amulet.

5. An action or formula thought to have magical power.

6. The chanting of a magic word or verse; incantation.

7. Physics. A quantum property of the charm quark whose conservation explains the absence of certain strange-particle decay modes and that accounts for the longevity of the J particle.

Charm to me is the ability to make people around you feel happy and at ease.

Out of all the posts written thus far I would have to agree with yours the most. Simplistic yet so true. Being charming is having the ability to make someone feel good when you're around..

arq-dj1

Don Juan
Reaction score
indeed
however, i think u guys only mentioned in psicological manner

keanu in that movie, and matrix (she mentioned) looked charming

so, i think that together with the psy stuff, the way you look, talk, drink, smoke or say can be and it is part of a charming person.

Is almost as if that person knew more things that you do, their confidence is all over their body

isn't it?

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
hahahaha that really got me laughing...LOL the land of elves and rainbows! hahaha...

oh and comotes response is good

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm: Complimenting a women without expecting a compliment in return. "You looking even more sexier tonite than ever before." This is not expecting one in return and here you are charming her, not flattering her.

Flattery: A foolish compliment(insincere) about her expecting a compliment in return. "You are so hot." - Now, expecting one in return.

silkkster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don_Joffe
Charm: Complimenting a women without expecting a compliment in return. "You looking even more sexier tonite than ever before." This is not expecting one in return and here you are charming her, not flattering her.

Flattery: A foolish compliment(insincere) about her expecting a compliment in return. "You are so hot." - Now, expecting one in return.
some might need to read this twice! nice one Josse!

ONCELOVED

Reaction score
CHARM IS ESSENTIALLY CONFIDENCE. IT'S BEING COMPLETELY SURE THAT WHAT YOU R SAYING IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT 2 HEAR. IT IS THE ABILITY TO PUT YOURSELF INTO ANY GIVEN SITUATION AND BEING ABLE TO STAY CONFIDENT AND COMFORTABLE. SIMPLY PUT IT IS CONFIDENCE+CHARISMA+WITT+HUMOR= COMPASSION=CHARM

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ONCELOVED
CHARM IS ESSENTIALLY CONFIDENCE. IT'S BEING COMPLETELY SURE THAT WHAT YOU R SAYING IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT 2 HEAR. IT IS THE ABILITY TO PUT YOURSELF INTO ANY GIVEN SITUATION AND BEING ABLE TO STAY CONFIDENT AND COMFORTABLE. SIMPLY PUT IT IS CONFIDENCE+CHARISMA+WITT+HUMOR= COMPASSION=CHARM
i agree 100%. If you exude that aura of traits when you interact and talk to others, they will see you as a lovable guy. You can be charming to men and women alike. It's almost like some kind of weird subliminal mind control....

you can make anyone do almost anything you want.....and i mean anything...

Unless that person is an insecure, jealous bastard who hates your guts and resents you cause everyone seemingly likes you, yet doesnt like him.

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my friend is charming, but it goes hand and hand with being friendly, open, relaxed, calm, funny and confident.

he's sincere in all of it too which is key. He's a man in control of himself and everything he does. He makes people feel good about themselves, so they trust him.

he could get a whole group of people around him to talk with and have them interested because he's the kind of guy who speaks his mind and as able to communicate to everyone. You can trust him not to take advantage of you because he doesn't stand for people who do that to him.

He's a true gentlemen when he needs to be and taking no **** from anyone and that's where I see charm.

Spacebar

Don Juan
Reaction score
According to your girlfriend "charm" is millions of dollars and big time celebrity status...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
"Charm" is a term made up to describe a particular collection of traits that people can't describe, but they know it when they see it.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
I loved how einstein said I want to start thinking like God, which means not worrying about the details.

There are a millions ways to achieve a lot of the goals we have, and not often one universal path, so the key is too focus on the goal, and let the details work themselves out.

That beind said all "charm" is in it's most simplistic explanation or form is the ability to make others feel "happy" or "good".

There are a million ways to do this, and as long as you get to the goal it doesn't matter what path you take, you will be "charming".

You can get into NY by boat, train, bus, car, or plane, but once you're there you are there.

dj_spain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think charm is the ability to make people feel that they matter to you and make people leave the interactions with you feeling better than before. Charm should be warm, light and pleasant.