Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Changing your confidence level in an instant

JB101

Don Juan
Reaction score
The missing ingredient to confidence isn't mentally "pumping yourself up". It's not pysching yourself into a frenzy. It's physiology my friends. The way we move determines the way we feel. This is incredibly powerful stuff that I learned from Tony Robbins.

There are specific ways of moving your body that produces confidence. As an exercise, the next time you are out, notice how people move. How people walk. What their gestures are like. If you imitate what others do, you'll feel how they feel!

We are a product of how we move through the world. Whenever we are depressed or nervous, notice how we use our bodies. They are lopsided. One side leans over. Your head tilts down to the side. The ultimate lopsidedness is being curled up in the fetal position, scared to death of the outside world.

If you feel nervous before making a phone call for example, see how you are using your body. Your shoulders might be hunched over, wondering what am I going to say.

It takes practice to get really good at it. We tend to have habitual ways of moving and of breathing that produce a certain state inside of us. You may not get all of it initially. There are so many muscles that we don't use (Tony said we have over 80 muscles in our face for example).

When in doubt, take up space. Try this exercise for a moment seated in your chair. Sit up straight with your feet together and your hands clasped together in front of you in your lap. Notice how confident you feel. Now keep your feet farther apart (between 1 and 2 feet) and pretend two huge grapefruits are under your arms and cup your hands on the desk in front of you (palms facing towards each other). Take up even more space and feel even stronger in this mega alpha position. Notice how body builders walk around. It's like they have gigantic watermelons under their arms.

You can tell so much from people by the way they move. Even just by looking at their facial expressions. This is an article from the New Yorker about the science of reading peoples faces.

http://www.gladwell.com/2002/2002_08_05_a_face.htm (quite long!)

Above all, have fun and just play around with it.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post Jb101, which everybody should be aware of.

This is something I have been practising for a few months now and it's true, it works! Change your posture and you'll literally change your confidence.

Here's how I look at it. You have to OWN your surroundings. Walk and stand as you would in your own home where there's no fear of people watching/judging you, where you don't have to worry about offending someone, or getting in somebody's way and talk to people like they're guests in your home, where you don't and won't feel intimidated.

It looks like you have confidence and you will certainly start to feel it.

Just please don't mistake confident body language for aggressive body language. I.e. don't barge around like you expect people to jump out of your way or stiffen up when people want to walk past.

But for those who haven't tried this already, do it!

Thraxeh

Don Juan
Reaction score
i havent tryed this yet, but i can tell that it will work :) nice post!

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually read that whole article. It was extremely interesting.

This AMOG friend of mine... he slept at a mutual friend's house with me. We slept in my mutual friend's room--me on an egg-mattress and AMOG on my friend's bed. We turned on the television, but we couldn't get any sound because our friend had rigged the TV up to his stereo system.

So we just sat there and watched live-action Winnie the Pooh. AMOG began talking for the characters, insinuating that the cast of Pooh was a bunch of drug-dealers.

Rabbit approaches Pooh with an inquisitive look and a palms-upward shrug. AMOG says, "Pooh, I've been looking for my crack. Have you seen it?"

AMOG continued on with this for a good ten minutes and it was absolutely HILARIOUS. While I was reading the article you linked to, it hit me that AMOG has uncanny perception skills. That's why he IS AN AMOG that I have to watch out for. He reads people like books. Damn, I better practice.

-Duke

JB101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Creating a sexual aura is all about releasing energy.

Consider the difference between these two sentences:

"Baby, take your panties off for me, ok."

"Ummmm...sweetie, can you take your panties off for me? Thanks."

Even one sentence releases some type of energy. The first sentence was direct and authoritative. The kind of stuff that makes girls wet.

The second sentence is totally beta. It's saying the same thing, but there's no impact. It's long and not to the point. If you want to turn up the sexiness, cut through the clutter. Especially if you want to get good at phone sex. Always, always be direct.

Getting back to physiology, there are two extreme types along the spectrum. There's the stereotypical gay man. Oh my god, don't do that (flipping his wrist at you). Rolling his eyes, Oh no!! Are you serious? Everything is exaggerated 10 fold. Have you ever seen that guy Cojo on Entertainment tonight. He is a case study in exaggerated body language. From rolling the eyes soooooo dramatically to weak slaps to an overall uneven style. There is no control of movements.

Now imagine some mega alpha looking guy like Benecio Del Torro doing those moves. Of course not. On the other end of the spectrum movements are slowed down. The hyper exaggeration of Christopher Lowell becomes a direct and steady movement. Baby, drop to your knees, ok. The dramatic rolling of the eyes becomes a crisp and cool look, like Johnny Deep or James Dean. The wrist slap gets turned in. Exposing only his outer hands, so he can hold and protect his girl.

It's one of the reasons why looks are so overrated to get girls. Goofy and zany guys who are all over the place will never become sex symbols. They don't have the seriousness.

What does a nervous guy do on a date? He moves around alot! Checking his watch. Fidgeting with something, playing with something, looking around. Adjusting his position in his chair. Everything you're not suppose to be doing. Try to still be nervous on a date if you slowed down. Slowing everything way down. Being in control of your body. And of course being direct. "Baby, have you been a good girl today?"

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely a 5 star tip for me!

Do not underestimate the importance of composure and posture!

Going from composed to a goofy and camp phase and then to an improved composed state, I can say that the difference in the way people react to you is extraordinary!

Women who once patronised me now get flustered when I speak to them, while women that used to say I'm "good looking" now tell me I'm "sexy".

Posture and composure is the key to creating sex appeal, in both men and women.