Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Changing EFFORTS workout plan.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Monday-Workout A
3x5 Leg Press
3x5 Bench Press
3x5 Deadlift
**2x8 Dips (if you cant do these or no assist machine then do Decline Dumbbell Bench Press with your hands Facing each other)

Wednesday-Workout B
3x5 Leg Press
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Pendlay or Bent Rows (or power cleans)
**2x8 Chin-ups (recommended mainly if doing the cleans)

Friday - Instead of repeating workout A on friday, can i do some other compound exercises or would it be better to leave it the way it is? If its fine to change it up can you give me something else I can do on Friday? And please dont question me on why Im doing Leg Press instead of squats, theyre more comfortable with me and i have a problem with my knees that prevents me from doing squats in perfect form.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just try out Workout B in the thread if you want to do something different???

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
So on friday i could do:

Incline Press 2 x 5
Dumbbell Press (Flat/Decline) or Dips 2 x 8-10
Shoulder Press 2 x 8-12
Tricep Exercise 2 x 10-15

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DAY 1(eg. Monday)
Squats 2 x 5
Squats or Leg Press 1 x 15 (lighter weight)
Good Mornings or Stiff Leg Deadlifts or Sumo Leg Press 2 x 10-15
Glute Ham Raise or Pullthroughs or Hyperextension 2 x 8
Calf Raises 2 x 10

DAY 2(eg. Wednesday)
Incline Press 2 x 5
Dumbbell Press (Flat/Decline) or Dips 2 x 8-10
Shoulder Press 2 x 8-12
Tricep Exercise 2 x 10-15

DAY 3(eg. Friday)
Deadlifts 2 x 5
Row or Chinup/Pulldown 2 x 8
Bicep Curl 2 x 8-10
Forearm Exercise 2 x 10-15

Do it exactly the way it is layed out. Although for you do the leg press, until you can get your squat issues worked out.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there aren't really many more compound exercises to choose from if you are not going to do squats anyway

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
I was only talking about one day I didnt want to change the whole schedule..
That is the other option lay out in "Where to Start". Don't chop and change either of them, do one or the other.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
I just want something different. Nothings wrong with the workout but wouldnt it be better to do something else instead of the same thing you did a day before?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Each movement is only done once a week.. And yes you bring up an important part of training, periodization. After some time, your body will adapt to the movement, and your gains will start to stagnate.

But...

Until your gains slow down(eg. you haven't been able to put weight on the bar and keep the same rep range for 3 weeks), then why not keep riding that success?

So far, you haven't said anything about not being able to progress on that workout, so I'm assuming your strength gains haven't plateaued.

Consider it like working the stock market... Why would you sell your shares if the stock was on the rise and showing no signs of slowing down?

If it's boredom that's keeping you away from consistency, then that's a whole different animal, and we can't help you with motivation.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
And please dont question me on why Im doing Leg Press instead of squats, theyre more comfortable with me and i have a problem with my knees that prevents me from doing squats in perfect form.
“The leg press causes the pelvis to rotate away from the back rest when the weight is lowered. The resultant lumbar flexion produces herniating conditions for the disc.” - Dr. Stuart McGill, Low Back Disorders.

Better check your Squat technique.