"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Change your life today

DonJoey

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
550
Reaction score
5
Location
Sydney
Change your life by changing the small things you do.
This is what i've started and my day has a different ring to it.

1. I wake up an hour earlier each day (I loved sleeping in and being late to work each day)

2. Now that i'm awake earlier, I've started walking and jogging for 30 minutes every morning.
This makes me feel great, invigorated in two ways - I've managed to action an idea I had (to walk/jog in the morning), and i'm being physically better for it (I wanna tone up before the Australian summer).

3. By getting up earlier, I dont have an excuse to get to work late, in fact i've been getting in before everyone else.
I now feel better in that (even though I hate my job at the moment), i'm sticking it to the other staff here by beating them in, i'm also having more free time by finishing stuff earlier - no interruptions when no-one is here which mean more www.sosuave.com time.

4. I'm losing more weight by walking/jogging - which means i've decided to eat better. I'm looking better, and by looking better i'm feeling better about myself.
It doesnt change my looks, what matters is that i'm happy I look better.
Now that I feel i'm looking better, i'm happier and I feel more confident about MYSELF. No-one else.

5. With all this confidence about myself, I dont seem to care that much what other people think at the moment. I feel like i'm my own man with a mission (dont know what the mission is yet, but i'm laying the foundation for something BIG), and I act like it.

6. With this look of a man on a mission, people are taking notice. Workmates, friends etc. I look like I have ambition, I look like i'm happy, I look like i've got a lot to offer and I really dont look like I need anyone.

7. With this look I'm now portraying, people want to get to know me, not everyone wants to know me for long - i'm still a human and I still have my flaws - part of being a perfect man is to have flaws. So not everyone is interested in me, but alot of people are. But that doesnt matter, as I dont care what other people think of me. I'm happy being myself.

8. So being happy with being myself, i've decided to start accomplishing other stuff i've kept putting off, and by doing this - i've increased my confidence in myself (is there anything I CANT DO? - I just installed a new kitchen in my house with no instructions and I have no carpentry skills! - and yeaas, it does look good, just like the catalogue)

There are still heaps I have to do with my life for me to consider it lived worthwhile with no regrets.
Many things I want to try.
But i've made a small start...a simple start, I decided I was going to wake up an hour earlier and go for a jog and walk.
The little things you do lead to bigger things, and its the little things you plan that are easier to start on.
Start on something new today, no matter how small - but its gotta be somthing you've been putting off for a long time. Then watch your enthusiasm and confidence in yourself grow as you accomplish it.


[This message has been edited by DonJoey (edited 08-12-2001).]
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

godheh

New Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2001
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
This information is absolutely magnificent in that it tells people to be concerned with their selves, which is probably the main purpose of this club! The more individuals focus on themselves, the greater confidence they will achieve to do whatever it is they desire to do with their lives.
 

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2001
Messages
1,416
Reaction score
7
Location
st. louis
Good Post DonJoey,

I am trying the same thing. Focus on yourself with doing small things first then expanding on to greater things. I like the hour earlier wake up to do a jog/walk, great idea.

Good luck in your pursuits,

Legend

------------------
"I have always believed that when a man gets it into his head to do something, and when he exclusively occupies himself in that design, he must succeed, whatever the difficulties. That man will become Grand Vizier or Pope"..... Casanova

"You are what you are, You are where you are, by what goes into your mind, you can change what you are, you can change where you are by changing what goes into your mind" ....Zig Ziglar
 

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2001
Messages
2,160
Reaction score
7
Age
40
Location
Ottawa,Ontario, Canada
Originally posted by DonJoey:
Change your life by changing the small things you do.
This is what i've started and my day has a different ring to it.

1. I wake up an hour earlier each day (I loved sleeping in and being late to work each day)

2. Now that i'm awake earlier, I've started walking and jogging for 30 minutes every morning.
This makes me feel great, invigorated in two ways - I've managed to action an idea I had (to walk/jog in the morning), and i'm being physically better for it (I wanna tone up before the Australian summer).

3. By getting up earlier, I dont have an excuse to get to work late, in fact i've been getting in before everyone else.
I now feel better in that (even though I hate my job at the moment), i'm sticking it to the other staff here by beating them in, i'm also having more free time by finishing stuff earlier - no interruptions when no-one is here which mean more www.sosuave.com time.

4. I'm losing more weight by walking/jogging - which means i've decided to eat better. I'm looking better, and by looking better i'm feeling better about myself.
It doesnt change my looks, what matters is that i'm happy I look better.
Now that I feel i'm looking better, i'm happier and I feel more confident about MYSELF. No-one else.

5. With all this confidence about myself, I dont seem to care that much what other people think at the moment. I feel like i'm my own man with a mission (dont know what the mission is yet, but i'm laying the foundation for something BIG), and I act like it.

6. With this look of a man on a mission, people are taking notice. Workmates, friends etc. I look like I have ambition, I look like i'm happy, I look like i've got a lot to offer and I really dont look like I need anyone.

7. With this look I'm now portraying, people want to get to know me, not everyone wants to know me for long - i'm still a human and I still have my flaws - part of being a perfect man is to have flaws. So not everyone is interested in me, but alot of people are. But that doesnt matter, as I dont care what other people think of me. I'm happy being myself.

8. So being happy with being myself, i've decided to start accomplishing other stuff i've kept putting off, and by doing this - i've increased my confidence in myself (is there anything I CANT DO? - I just installed a new kitchen in my house with no instructions and I have no carpentry skills! - and yeaas, it does look good, just like the catalogue)

There are still heaps I have to do with my life for me to consider it lived worthwhile with no regrets.
Many things I want to try.
But i've made a small start...a simple start, I decided I was going to wake up an hour earlier and go for a jog and walk.
The little things you do lead to bigger things, and its the little things you plan that are easier to start on.
Start on something new today, no matter how small - but its gotta be somthing you've been putting off for a long time. Then watch your enthusiasm and confidence in yourself grow as you accomplish it.


[This message has been edited by DonJoey (edited 08-12-2001).]
Kudos to you! That was an amazing post. That's a great motivational post. You have to start somewhere, right?



------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam
 

Desperateforhelp

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
Great motivational speech. You would make a great motivationalist.

You're a man on a mission friend, good thing you've helped some of us other Don Juans put our life into track by a simple changing.

Small changes do matter, they can affect our life as we know it.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

DonJoey

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
550
Reaction score
5
Location
Sydney
Just trying to give back a little something...they say youth is wasted on the young, but I say "Experience is wasted on the experienced" especially if they dont try and pass it on. The simple stuff makes sense.
 

vadrill

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 29, 2001
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Location
Norfolk, VA USA
DonJoey, excellent response! That's a great, accurate, and useful thought for all of us to remember and utilize.
 

polar12

New Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2001
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step...
 

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2002
Messages
1,667
Reaction score
3
Location
Finland
Good post.
This is the very first thing that a DJ should accomplish. Get the motivation and the control of your own life and as the most important thing: Enjoy it!
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top