Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cell Phone vs. Home Phone

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading over some stuff in the bible and some older posts the other day, and there are a lot of articles that say you should always ask for the home phone number.

I don't know if I agree with this, especially for younger guys. I would personally much rather have a girl's cell. It's a direct line to her, no parents involved. And if this isn't a girl I plan to date, just fool around with, I certainly don't want to have to talk to her parents. Not that they'd do anything, but you know what I mean. No need to bother with that stuff if you don't have to. Plus you know that she'll usually pick it up and there's not a big chance of the answering machine.

I dunno. To me, it seems like, at least in high school, cell phones are just plain out easier.

So I guess what I'm getting at here is, what would you guys rather call, a girl's cell or home number? And, since home number seems to be the accepted best, what's the reasoning behind this? Or is the "must be a home number" thing merely an outdated idea, or just for older guys?

thanks for your input,
--Mike

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a matter of what's more convenient.

Getting the HOME number was more for adults rather than us in high school. In cell phones, you can always see who is calling, get blocked, put up with this crap about not having service, about the phone not being charged blah blah. It's entirely a matter of convenience. For high school, it's whatever. For life afterwards, get the home number.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for some reason cell phones were not really discussed

when A-D said to only go for home numbers it was b/c you didnt want to get her business # and you wanted to get the number that you would have the best chance of contacting her on

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Cell phones are the sh1t. One of the greatest inventions.

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
both

i'z just a habit of mine ,i try 2 b freindly with ppl,so i exchange home,cell,and e-mail,with pretty much everyone i bump in2 it's not even a dj thing with me>

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer calling the home # personally. I don't mind having parents answer, I just make sure to be polite and say my please's and thank yous. As we all know it's a down hill battle if you have the parents on your side and if you call their house they'll know you exist (sorta.. you might just be some random guy who calls ever so often with manners, but that's better than a stranger). Hope that helps

P.S. I like ur name... Lemieux rocks!!!!!!!!!

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: both

Originally posted by THA REALNESS
i'z just a habit of mine ,i try 2 b freindly with ppl,so i exchange home,cell,and e-mail,with pretty much everyone i bump in2 it's not even a dj thing with me>
eenglrish mah frend, EENGRISH!!

WingS

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would never ask a girl for her home number, hell, id be reluctant to give out my home number even if the chick who asked for it was an 8

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WingS
i would never ask a girl for her home number, hell, id be reluctant to give out my home number even if the chick who asked for it was an 8
why? its not that big a deal

the whole point is that youve built up enough rapport with her that she wants to hear from you again and obviously there is a trust factor there.

seulaxplaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
i go with whatever number they give me. when they write down the number for me. im not like hey can u put house or cell number over that. all that matters is that u get the number where u can reach her. now if ur college and she gives u her dorm room number and u know its a dorm room number cuz they are really the same at the beginning. be like yeah uh u got a cell phone number. more then likely shell give it to u. just the digits