Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

CDC stats on HSV-2 (Genital Herpes)

GunShow85

Don Juan
Reaction score
PSA - I just read this and had to share

HSV-2 infection is more common among women than men; the percentages of those infected were 16% female versus 8% male, among 14-49 yearolds
(interestingly 35% of black females are infected-studies show more susceptible bc similar number of partners)

50% of the U.S. population is married
Let's assume none of them have HSV-2
(I know this is wrong but there are lots of religious folks and others that aren't sexually active)

So this means 32% of single white females (age 14-49) are infected

Plus the more partners you have, the more your likelihood goes up

Think about this next time you are the bar meeting girls...statistically one in three of them are infected.

CDC estimates 87% of HSV-2 infected never received diagnosis and may be unaware

Condoms reduce risk by more than 70%

RickTheToad

Reaction score

HSV-2 infection is more common among women than men; the percentages of those infected were 16% female versus 8% male, among 14-49 yearolds
(interestingly 35% of black females are infected-studies show more susceptible bc similar number of partners)

(I know this is wrong but there are lots of religious folks and others that aren't sexually active)

Think about this next time you are the bar meeting girls...statistically one in three of them are infected.

Females catch it more since they have a larger area to catch it; theoretically. Condoms can reducing catching it on the penis, but not on other places on the body. Remember, HSV is a skin disease and can be transmitted via touch, towel, cup, etc. If one is young and healthy, they may not show signs; or identify it as something else. HSV wasn't big deal until the 1982 Time Magazine article brought to social mainstream awareness. The 1985 NY Times article didn't help either. Doctors tend not to test for it unless the patient requests it. In general, it's more a bad social stigma than anything else; if one are young and healthy. However, later research suggests that having HSV 2 can lead to the ability in catching other nasty viruses and bacterium. HSV is an opportunistic virus; such as HIV. It is opportunistic as in when your body's defenses are low, it comes out and wrecks havoc on one's immune system.

Hype:

GunShow85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember, HSV is a skin disease and can be transmitted via touch, towel, cup, etc. If one is young and healthy, they may not show signs; or identify it as something else. HSV wasn't big deal until the 1982 Time Magazine article brought to social mainstream awareness. In general, it's more a bad social stigma than anything else; if one are young and healthy.
Good info. Thanks
The stigma is very powerful. After reading, I thought to myself... if 87% of the people didn't even go to a doctor it must not be that bad. But I still wouldn't want something that popped up every year.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Good info. Thanks
The stigma is very powerful. After reading, I thought to myself... if 87% of the people didn't even go to a doctor it must not be that bad. But I still wouldn't want something that popped up every year.
Usually because they know, but do not want to make it official so they have to tell other people. Or, they really just don't know. It's one of the reasons why shingles is hitting the middle aged and older crowds so much. They caught it when they were young, but now, it's coming out to play. HSV is growing like wildfire at adult communities they say.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually because they know, but do not want to make it official so they have to tell other people. Or, they really just don't know. It's one of the reasons why shingles is hitting the middle aged and older crowds so much. They caught it when they were young, but now, it's coming out to play. HSV is growing like wildfire at adult communities they say.
I have a theory that the virus has mutated and can now live on other areas of the body besides the genitals, such as the lower abdomen and legs. People pass it around because it just looks like a zit, and they don't realize it is hsv2.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

There are irresponsible people out there who are carriers but never bothered to get tested. There needs to be an active lesion for the test to be accurate. Testing isn’t part of a standard STD panel since it is considered non life-threatening.

I’ve dated conscious women whom had it and were very responsible and upfront about it. Great sex is still possible but there are times where it’s off-limits.

It’s sad that the AMA claims that there is no cure and that a daily regimen of big pharma anti-viral medication is necessary for life.

The biggest cause of recurring outbreaks is stress.

With all that said, here are some promising natural remedies:

Daily intake of
L-Lysine
MSM

Lemon Balm Tincture for pre and active lesions - provides relief from itching and burning sensations.

Red laser is known to heal lesions faster, it’s used in Veterinary medicine, you have to research the specific wavelength.

BHT also has some success. (Used as food preservative in industry but is also packaged as a supplement.)

Fringe stuff:
Theta Healing - works with mental belief structures
Rife Frequencies - Spooky2 is the current best bang for the buck offering.

Stephan Buhner has a some great books on Natural Testosterone and one on anti-viral herbs I have yet to read.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score

Even then with rubber still a decent chance you can contract it.

I wonder what the rates are in Asian countries? North Korea virtually has no STDs reported.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I have a theory that the virus has mutated and can now live on other areas of the body besides the genitals, such as the lower abdomen and legs. People pass it around because it just looks like a zit, and they don't realize it is hsv2.
It's not a theory. The original form of HSV-2 can appear anywhere in the groin region. That would include penis, vagina, butt, thighs, etc. However, there is HSV-1 which can not only transmit to mouth and lips, but a varient, GHSV-1 can be transmitted to the groin area as well. Essentially, HSV-1 and HSV-2 are the same. However, they just hide away in different parts of the body to avoid detection by our immune system.

There are irresponsible people out there who are carriers but never bothered to get tested. There needs to be an active lesion for the test to be accurate. Testing isn’t part of a standard STD panel since it is considered non life-threatening.

I’ve dated conscious women whom had it and were very responsible and upfront about it. Great sex is still possible but there are times where it’s off-limits.

It’s sad that the AMA claims that there is no cure and that a daily regimen of big pharma anti-viral medication is necessary for life.

The biggest cause of recurring outbreaks is stress.

With all that said, here are some promising natural remedies:

Daily intake of
L-Lysine
MSM

Lemon Balm Tincture for pre and active lesions - provides relief from itching and burning sensations.

Red laser is known to heal lesions faster, it’s used in Veterinary medicine, you have to research the specific wavelength.

BHT also has some success. (Used as food preservative in industry but is also packaged as a supplement.)

Fringe stuff:
Theta Healing - works with mental belief structures
Rife Frequencies - Spooky2 is the current best bang for the buck offering.

Stephan Buhner has a some great books on Natural Testosterone and one on anti-viral herbs I have yet to read.
No, you do not need an active legion. One can take a western blot blood test, which is considered the gold standard in testing, which would detect the HSV / HSV-2 antibodies in a person's blood. However, it can take 6 months - 1 year for the concentration to be enough to be detected. Yes, Lysine can help keep it at bay, as well as monolaurin. However, the other items have no clinical trials to prove said claims.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Especially places like the Villages, up by Ocala. Seeing big increases in cases in older folks. Gotta remember that the next time going for a 50 year old!

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Even then with rubber still a decent chance you can contract it.

I wonder what the rates are in Asian countries? North Korea virtually has no STDs reported.
Stop spreading incorrect information.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Stop spreading incorrect information.

Not from what I read. The DPRK and their state news reports that STDS are nearly zero though.

That's interesting! Sex trade. Soooo, maybe I should go on one of those tours like Otto did and go over there and bang little hotties like those Moranbong girls! THey look really clean!!!!!!! I got the major hots for Jo Kuk-hyang. I'd so wreck her.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Not from what I read. The DPRK and their state news reports that STDS are nearly zero though.

That's interesting! Sex trade. Soooo, maybe I should go on one of those tours like Otto did and go over there and bang little hotties like those Moranbong girls! THey look really clean!!!!!!! I got the major hots for Jo Kuk-hyang. I'd so wreck her.

Are you seriously believing what you read and hear from the North Korean Communist Propaganda Agency and expecting it to be true? Seriously? You're one strange cat dude.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a theory. The original form of HSV-2 can appear anywhere in the groin region. That would include penis, vagina, butt, thighs, etc. However, there is HSV-1 which can not only transmit to mouth and lips, but a varient, GHSV-1 can be transmitted to the groin area as well. Essentially, HSV-1 and HSV-2 are the same. However, they just hide away in different parts of the body to avoid detection by our immune system.

No, you do not need an active legion. One can take a western blot blood test, which is considered the gold standard in testing, which would detect the HSV / HSV-2 antibodies in a person's blood. However, it can take 6 months - 1 year for the concentration to be enough to be detected. Yes, Lysine can help keep it at bay, as well as monolaurin. However, the other items have no clinical trials to prove said claims.
Thanks for the monolaurin tip, that’s a new one for me.

We’ll just have to disagree about testing. Having antibodies in the blood just signals one has been exposed. If there have been no lesions, medically that person doesn’t present as having hsv2.

As for clinical trials, dyor.

To understand more of the landscape, who funds clinical trials?

Is it legal for anyone but an Allopathic physician to use the words “diagnose”, “prescribe” and “cure”?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Are you seriously believing what you read and hear from the North Korean Communist Propaganda Agency and expecting it to be true? Seriously? You're one strange cat dude.
I dunno, but I sure love their women over there. I seriously obsessed with these Moranbong girls. There is something very exotic about these Moranbong girls like they're wild in bed.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Thanks for the monolaurin tip, that’s a new one for me.

We’ll just have to disagree about testing. Having antibodies in the blood just signals one has been exposed. If there have been no lesions, medically that person doesn’t present as having hsv2.

As for clinical trials, dyor.

To understand more of the landscape, who funds clinical trials?

Is it legal for anyone but an Allopathic physician to use the words “diagnose”, “prescribe” and “cure”?
Considering I am a PA and worked in a hospital for over 10 years, I am pretty sure on what do I know. HSV doesn't cause lesions, they can cause water filled blisters. Medically speaking, you are misinformed. We deal with STD issues on a daily basis.

Last edited:

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Considering I am a PA and worked in a hospital for over 10 years, what do I know. HSV doesn't cause lesions, they can cause water filled blisters. Medically speaking, you are misinformed. We deal with STD issues on a daily basis.
Are many of the std patients high end hbs?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Are many of the std patients high end hbs?
Runs the gambit. If you want to watch a interesting tv series. It's called Sex Sent Me To The ER. You can then get a glimpse of some interesting events at the ER and many things I've seen similar. It's on TLC and Hulu.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been with over 100 women under 200 in my lifetime. How have I Not contracted HSV?

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering I am a PA and worked in a hospital for over 10 years, I am pretty sure on what do I know. HSV doesn't cause lesions, they can cause water filled blisters. Medically speaking, you are misinformed. We deal with STD issues on a daily basis.

Oh, ok, I guess the Merck needs to be revised as per your edits: