cars and chicks?

venser

Don Juan
Reaction score
a friend of mine (year younger) just got into John Hopkins U, on a water polo scholarship. Needless to say his paretns are pleased as ****. so... they are buying him a car of his choice (obviously within reasonable pricing).

He was talking about it with me while i was reading something on this site and it got me to thinking about the cars and ones girls dig the most.

what do you think? if you could get a car of your choice.. say under...30 or 40 grand? what would it be?

Blackmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A late model used Corvette?

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab King Ranch 4x4

VBGBilando

Reaction score
30-40 grand range....I would have to go with the new pontiac soltace or the saturn coupe convertible...I think those two cars for their price range are pimp...coupe, sporty, exotic looks, fast, and not many out there in the road. If not, cannot go wrong with a BMW 3 series or AUDI A4

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I'm from teh south, but most of the cars listed are girly cars.

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
I'd wait until the new Camaros come out...especially they have a stripped-down V8 model with a 5-speed, roll-up windows and an A/C delete...

Girls don't care that much about cars. If you ask them what kind of car they drive, chances are they'll say "a red one" or something along those lines.

As long as you're not rocking a Chrysler minivan with fading woodgrain or a Geo Metro, then you'll probably be ok.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Well if I was a college student parking in tight urban areas and with the cost of gas in mind not to mention insurance, I would go with a new Chevy Cobalt/Pontiac G5/Honda Civic on the low end, or a 4 cylinder midsize like Pontaic G6/Ford Fusion/Accord/Nissan Altima. The Altima is probably the coolest looking choice. I think a 4cylinder mid size gives you the most for your money. For a sport convertible the Pontaic Solistice seems cool but I bet insurance would be high for a college aged person. I think anymore being a college student with a late model car even if it's a base model cobalt is status enough.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously my man, this is the car that you want:
The Alfa Romeo 159.

That's easily one of the sexiest cars money can buy. It's Italian. Italians know their sh*t when it comes to cars. It's definitely the most classy car you can buy in that price range. They are going to use them in the upcoming James Bond film, go figure. Check some more info here. They tested in on Top Gear and loved it. The even the entry level 1.8 petrol engine is nice enough, and the handling is better then all the cars that are mentioned above.

My old man bought one of these, the stationwagen version. I've noticed numerous times chicks checking the car out when we drive by them. I'm not kidding you. I've even had some serious flirting while driving on the highway. Two chicks actually started driving beside me and checking me out. ...or the car I was driving.

I know cars and what people think of them. BMW's are awesome in technique, but they are considered vulgar and too flashy by most people, including myself. All the American cars posted here are cool too, but they are not exclusive or special, not in America at least. It's even worse with the Japanese cars; they lack soul.

Trust me, try one of those out and you'll be hooked. The exterior is like nothing else, the handling is very direct and precise, there are a ton of electonical toys inside... The interior is also just amazingly beautiful.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would a person want to get a car for other people to be impressed by?

This guy should the car that he wants. It doesn't matter what we think or what girls think.

king0fhearts59

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
Why would a person want to get a car for other people to be impressed by?

This guy should the car that he wants. It doesn't matter what we think or what girls think.
lol good point its not like were gunna be driving his car, i jus suggested the lancer cause its my personal favorite

swifTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
pick the car that suits your style. and the one that you like.

me; i'm with the guy that said the corvette. i like the old 1990-95 model.

also pick somethin that stands out. most cars are borin as ****.

jamescr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
buy a mid 60s muscle car, and it wont devalue by half the first 2 years you own it. It will actually gain value.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My vote is for a 90's tuner import. Supra, 300zx, rx7, and 3000GT are my favorites. A highly modded one can be had for 10-15K that can deliver 600-800 hp with ease. It's not hard to find a car someone spent $50K on in mods for sale for $15K. I have an AWD twin turbo Stealth that I love; it's much faster than most cars on the road, I think looks better, women love it, and I only paid $8k for it.

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was in ur mates shoes, I would stay away from all the ricers.  Their value drops everyday and its what most 12year olds dream of having.  Heres my list:
BMW E30 M3
69' Camaro
08' Dodge Challenger
Dodge Ram (pick-up trucks)
or even a Hummer
Range Rover
even a motorbike?