Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Caring too much with others think

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Is this a sign of low self esteem or insecurity? I tend to care what others think way too much ( I must of inherited it from my mom)

For example, I always worry if I am with an attractive girl, other guys (strangers) will hate on me just because I am with an attractive girl.

I mean, I usually do not go hating on other guys cause they have a cute girl with them.

I'm constantly thinking too much. If I see a guy who is with a girl better looking than him, I always think..."Gee, I wonder if that guy gets hated on alot because of that.

I am just strange in my beliefs or this normal?

Then again, I suffer from an anxiety disorder, so it could just be my brain playing tricks with me.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:
Is this a sign of low self esteem or insecurity? ...
Yep, but also that you have not yet defined yourself by your own terms. Until you do you will be ever shifting into who you believe people would like you to be. But you can't blame them, they have no idea who you really are.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You have absolutely no idea what others are really thinking. you aren't a "mindreader." moreover, even if you did know for sure what others were thinking, you shouldn't give a **** anyways. I can relate because I used to be very self-conscious, cared way too much what others thought of me. There are a lot of books/resources out there that will assist you in reprogramming your brain so youl'll think more rationally. Overcoming this didn't happen overnight, but trust me, life is so much better when you're carefree and determine your own self-worth.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like paranoia, as you said, your anxiety disorder.

You can be as comfortable with yourself as you want, but if you get anxiety, you will think irrationally.

If your always like this, 100% of the time, then its probably more than anxiety, more like a very big insecurity issue.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
john_1234 said:
You have absolutely no idea what others are really thinking. you aren't a "mindreader."
Absolutely true.

I have been in numerous situations in my life, namely times when I am starting a new job, or travelling around with a new group of people in unfamilar countries (I did this for a couple of years), where I have wondered what people thought of me. In these times, I have no idea what others thought of me, and at times, I thought I was a bit of an outcast. But as always, turns out I am usually one of the most liked people there. It was just my own paranoia playing tricks with me.

Dont guess what others are thinking of you, because 99% of the time, you have no idea!

And if your with a good looking girl, hold your head up high, she deserves to be with you.

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Caring too much about what other's think is like a ship at sea having no motor or anchor... every wind of thought blows the ship in whatever direction... best to focus on what you think and not what other's think or "might" think... waste of energy... best to not have a guesy but clear reality...

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
youre all wise men. good replies. was in the same boat few months ago. im over it now though i think. though my paranoia has some how transformed into anger.anger of people expecting steroetypical things from me cuss im half black.