Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Career Choice

kk2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've posted before about my issue of selecting the right career for me....and Ive run into some facts that have made me serioulsy consider changing my major all together...

Up untill now...I've had my eyes set on being a Lawyer....probably a corporate lawyer....I think being in law would be quite intresting and challenging ....law gives me the frame work to constantly prove myself and make tons of money doing it..

The avg earning of a lawyer is $100,000 dollars...many lawyers make more than that..many make less...

But I never bothered to check completly the amount of hours that a Lawyer works...it turns out to be that a laywer working for a firm must work 1900 billable hours in a year...thats excluding pro bono..and other administrative duties and obligations.

Thats 8:00 am to 9:00 pm...including everything..lunch breaks...coffee breaks and travel...

http://www.law.yale.edu/outside/html/Career_Development/cdo-billable.htm

The amount of work and time required is very taxing....I was reading articles about how most lawyers are very unhappy and less satisfied than other professions...and they also consider suicide much more often...ouch.

Ive also had a passion for Biology/Chemistry....I studied them in my first year of college...

I was looking at the work hours for dentist's and they usually work only 40 hours a week...thats 9:00 am to 4:00 pm...the rest of the day is left to enjoy....

Dentists make an avg of $123,000 dollars a year and thats just those who are salried...this figure excludes those who have thier own practice's which is higher than the 123k.

Now Im in my second year of college...half way though the first semester...im 19 yrs old....

Going to dental school in the United States would take anywhere from 6-7 more years from where I am right now....

Im thinking about going back to my native country of India where they have a 5 year dental program..its a foriegn graduate school...and I would have to take a test to be licensed here in this country...but the Indian Institution provides excellent education...so I shouldnt be worried...

I could be done by 26 and making hopefully close to 90k...starting and the expenses of a Dental education in India are much Cheaper than the United States.

The only problem with going ahead with this that I would have to give up the comforts of this country esp..the hanging out and partying....the moral values in my counrty are very strict ...so most girls are very reserved....when it comes to sex...

But Everyone says that these years are your best years...the years between 20-27...my years will prob be spent studying In a foreign country...I have family there though..and my family there is quite wealthy too back in India.

Ive lived In Nyc my whole life....maybe Im afraid of change..but I have alwasy wanted a car with a fine blonde babe sitting next to me...going off to a chique bar or club or party...basically exploring the nightlife...of Nyc...Im 19 but I really havent come out of my shell yet..

When I go to the city I can see couples walking together and guys from colleges roaming the streets at night having a good time laughing and enjoying...going bar hoping or clubbing...or throwing parties at hotel rooms...and meeting up with diffrent girls night after night..driving around the city at 2:00 in the morning with two girls in the back of the car with two guys in the front..all four of them looking really sexy (girls)..souave(guys)...you can see guys chilling....smoking weed...playing drinking games..hooking up...just being wild and fun.....socailly dynamic.

I know Im going to miss out on my oppurtunity to do all of what i mentioned above..... if I go back to India to study....Im now in the position to make a choice...I can either go and try to get accepted and pursue dentistry...or I can hope to enjoy my time as a young kind and try to break out my shell and do the things that I want to do...the things I mentioned above. Getting accepted into medical.dentistry school is quite difficult...I think it is easier in foreign schools..thats why I would have to go abroad to study dentisty.

iCY

Don Juan
Reaction score
you sound like me lol except im 18(im also indian and considering medicine)

well i came to realize something today. i just started college and i chose the one that would be best suited for my profession. and now.......i hate it already. there can be no sane reason for why you would sacrafice your youth and the 'best years of your life' just so you dont have to study as much. i would rather spend the next 10 years in school while enjoying my life than only spend 5 years and have no life.

think about it, if you know your not gonna be happy, or if your gonna be neutral(you should never be neutral with a decision, you should ALWAYS be happy) then when you start doing whatever it is, your not gonna have any drive to go through your day. your not gonna enjoy your life and that is going to effect your studies.

theres much more to living then going to school to become a successful dentist.
you can become a dentist while you enjoy your life, or you can do it fast while you hate your life. your choice =P

as for me, im either getting the hell out of this place or im gonna find a way for me to enjoy my time here, at whatever cost.