Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Career Choice

kk2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys its my summer, I finished my first yr in college. Im currenty going to community college and my gpa is 2.78, which is horrible.

Now I am thinking of becoming a lawyer, a buisness/corporate lawyer. I plan on STUDYING super hard next yr, tryin to get all A's, so i can bring my GPA to like a 3.7. a whole ten!

I also plan on studying and practicing for the lsats. Starting soon, i have about two to three yrs before I need to apply, that should be enough time to study for a good score.

Now, I just not sure if this is what i want. One of the reasons is that Im Indian and only 1 in 25 lawyers are minorities. 7% of all the lawyers are minorities, thats every minority. Now im not racist but i have never been comfortable where I was the minority. I went to a real diverse elemntary school and college. The high school wasnt so diverse it was mainly whites, maybe 30% of the people where minority. In highschool I never felt like i was accpeted or that I belonged there. Its a rule that people usually hang with their own kind, thats nobody fault, thats just human nature.

I also want to maintian a great social life, girls by the truck loads. I love the blonde girls, so i should be good, I plan on studying in NYC in Manhattan too. Maybe at Pace, Fordham or NYU. Prob Pace. So ill have a huge population to pick from.

Now I have a feeling that if i was to go to law school and get accepted. Im not gonna feel at home or accpeted or comfortable in a school where most of the people are white. I didnt in Highschool. I just have an inferiority complex and when the numbers are against you then its really hard to just be yourself and keep a high self confidence.

So should i change my decision, and decide not to be a lawyer (i think not),but i WANT to enjoy my yrs in grad school. Party and laugh and have a group of good freinds and have a hot blonde chick. I know its gonna be realli hard for me to feel like I fit in where that are mostly whites. In the mean time i need to work on my self esteem and work on all the things that the board teaches.

What advice could u guys give me, on my problem

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you are a minority, your chances of getting into law school are dam_ good. I worked in the admissions office during my undergraduate tenure and you would be shocked at just how much weight the color of your skin plays in gaining admission. If you were a white male with average grades and test scores, you can kiss your dreams of an advanced degree good bye--- that is unless your family can make hefty donations to the university.

kk2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ic

well thats good for me then! but still its not fair. SKIN Should NOT matter, it should be what u have In between ur forehead and the back of ur head.

Well, i guess with admission, i would have a slight advantage.

But what should i do with the other problem, the "fitting in"

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: ic

Originally posted by kk2004
well thats good for me then! but still its not fair. SKIN Should NOT matter, it should be what u have In between ur forehead and the back of ur head.

Well, i guess with admission, i would have a slight advantage.

But what should i do with the other problem, the "fitting in"

Get more confidence and not worry so much about pointless stuff that's far away in future.
BTW if you come to study in Toronto there'll be plenty of Indians around