Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cardio after lifting?

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I typically run a mile before and sometimes after a workout. It probably doesn't matter when you do it though if its less than 10-15min.

Cardio is pretty worthless overall. I only run to improve my respitory health or as a warm up. Whatever you hope to achieve with cardio can be achieved much more efficiently through HIIT like sprints or high volume supersets.
I agree with the above. I do 2-3 miles which for me is 20 -30 minutes. I vary my speed through HIIT which is most efficient. I do this 1 or 2 times per week and lift on all my other workout days. I use running mostly just for cardio health. I can stay lean without running.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well if cardio after training is bad then i've been doing bad things for a very long time. from what i know, during your training you deplete your glycogen stores then while doing cardio you burn fat. so therefore thats why i do cardio after training. now dont get me wrong, i dont go crazy doing high intensity cardio, thats in the AM. after training cardio is a nice steady pace.
Same here. 20-40 mins steady, lowish pace after weights.

Used to buy into keeping it separate, but hasn't caused any performance issues with weights. More interested in aesthetics and general health, rather than powerlifting.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i was in the best shape of my life, i did a full body lifting routine with HIIT cardio (mostly treadmill intervals) afterwards.