Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Car wash business

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm considering starting a car wash business with my colleague from work. We got nice location next to busy road, it's my land so no rent. Anyone who have experience with this business?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What country and what type of car wash? Self service, automatic, hand wash, detailing shop, etc.

Definitely check your local laws regarding water usage, business license, any infrastructure(plumbing) that might be needed from the city. That could be the biggest stumbling block.

I had friends in a few of those businesses.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Self service? A new one near me sells an unlimited wash card for a monthly fee.
We're considering what would be the best option self service or two workers to do the work. I heard most people don't like for someone to wash their cars as there can happen some damages but I guess it depends from service.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What country and what type of car wash? Self service, automatic, hand wash, detailing shop, etc.

Definitely check your local laws regarding water usage, business license, any infrastructure(plumbing) that might be needed from the city. That could be the biggest stumbling block.

I had friends in a few of those businesses.
Croatia, there are sanitary licence to get but it's no big deal, if you're papers and land are clear you can get it easily. I still have doubts whether it will be self service or hiring two people to wash cars.
It would be full service both outside and inside of a car.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ask because for self service, most of the machines now use recycled water but the initial capital investment can be more.

Have you scoped out the competition and the demand between the two types?

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ask because for self service, most of the machines now use recycled water but the initial capital investment can be more.

Have you scoped out the competition and the demand between the two types?
Yes I'm aware that self service is a lot more expensive system. As far as competition, there isn't any in this are where my land is. I think there is only one car wash on that road lane in span of 10 kilometers .

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hand wash would be my vote for the most flexibility, lowest risk, least starting capital.

There is becoming more and more demand for luxury hand car wash services too with people that have nice cars. They gravitate towards hand washes that offer concierge service utliziling premium car care products.

I used to be a pro detailer when I was younger and I definitely see a bigger market now than when I used to do it.

If you really wanted to extend your value added services, you should branch out into both washing and detailing, paint correction, paint protection.

Ceramic coating services have become really popular now more than ever.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hand wash would be my vote for the most flexibility, lowest risk, least starting capital.

There is becoming more and more demand for luxury hand car wash services too with people that have nice cars. They gravitate towards hand washes that offer concierge service utliziling premium car care products.

I used to be a pro detailer when I was younger and I definitely see a bigger market now than when I used to do it.

If you really wanted to extend your value added services, you should branch out into both washing and detailing, paint correction, paint protection.

Ceramic coating services have become really popular now more than ever.
Yea I'm also leaning more towards hand wash type. I have a cousin who is willing to work and have more that 10y experience in car washing so I think picking up quality workers will be the key factor.
As far as the whole service, for starter it would be whole type car washing, with purple foam, and detailing hand work.

The detailing part is also really good. I recently done ceramic protection on both of my cars and to be fair those things costs a lot of money so I think there is always a big money income in that also.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you need to go in with a colleague? For Capitol? Labor?

Then you share profits. And you have to agree on big decisions. Personally, I would never do a partnership.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you need to go in with a colleague? For Capitol? Labor?

Then you share profits. And you have to agree on big decisions. Personally, I would never do a partnership.
The risk is much lower when two people are investing money. Also I've done some businesses with this guy before so we know how to work together and trust each other.

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck to you man. I agree with starting off small and experimenting with hand wash for now. If you can see some potential, ramp it up from there... Otherwise you risk taking a big hit with time and money...

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck to you man. I agree with starting off small and experimenting with hand wash for now. If you can see some potential, ramp it up from there... Otherwise you risk taking a big hit with time and money...
Thanks brother. I actually have good feeling about this and I'm planing to open it around 10th of January, at the beginning of the year. Just need to finalize some things.

r4zorsharp

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with what some others said on the hand car wash notion. While it may not make as much money as a self service car wash, hand car washes are far better for your car and might target a market that is willing to pay more for their car washes because they care more about the paint job on their car. Also may be less capital/less overhead to start.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we have entered a time that our race may never recover from: Water has entered the trading market for the first time in known history... May seem trivial, but experts called this happening years ago and argued it is a point of contention globally, which will definitely result in war.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with what some others said on the hand car wash notion. While it may not make as much money as a self service car wash, hand car washes are far better for your car and might target a market that is willing to pay more for their car washes because they care more about the paint job on their car. Also may be less capital/less overhead to start.
Yes especially now in winter time, it need to be done flawlessly. Hope it will come out as I planned.