Car under $20,000

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if i get a 4.0 gpa for the last quarter of school.
my dad agreed to get me an audi A4 or bmw 3 series.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*cough* spoiled

I graduated in 2000. My parents were kind enough to let me have their 1988 Honda Accord hatch back. The car was 12 years old.

Farmboy

Don Juan
Reaction score

nikko49

Don Juan
Reaction score

Farmboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
nikko49 said:
Did it actually have the tent camping roof? I've always wanted a car with that feature just because I wanted to see what it was like.
Yep, and the "ceiling" folded out to make another bed. You had to stand on the sink/fridge unit to climb up there. The only problem was that the tent was made of canvas and wasn't exactly waterproof...that old bus smelled like a dead dog in the summer. Ah, memories!

But to add my $0.02 to the OP's question, I'd reccomend looking into a new Jetta TDI or one of the many used VW TDIs that are floating around out there. They preform well, last FOREVER, and get around 50 MPG highway without the need for battery packs or fancy electronics. My '05 Golf TDI goes about 650 miles between fill-ups!

If anyone is interested, check out http://www.tdiclub.com/ for more info on the VW TDI powerplant.

Edit: To Crazy Asian, the Audi A4 is available with a TDI option (http://www.dieselautoblog.com/audi/2009-audi-a4-tdi-diesel/), you might want to check it out if you go that route. And Audi has a way with diesel engines: http://jalopnik.com/5167230/the-audi-r15-tdi-now-in-glorious-detail

/soapbox

mackdaddy27

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
So for my graduation present, my parents are getting me a car.
My price limit is $20,000.
I don't know a lot about cars, so what are some suggestions on the car I should get?
I want something that looks sweet (inside and out), and has a sporty feel to it when i drive.
I'd prefer new since used cars are sorta unreliable.

Get a used Cayman S . End of thread.

6 speed.

Best Street legal GT car under 20 Gs and looks hot as hell too

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
So for my graduation present, my parents are getting me a car.
My price limit is $20,000.
I don't know a lot about cars, so what are some suggestions on the car I should get?
I want something that looks sweet (inside and out), and has a sporty feel to it when i drive.
I'd prefer new since used cars are sorta unreliable.
"Crazy Asian", and under $20K. The ultimate no brainer.

Get what I have - a brand-spankin' new Honda Fit Sport. Total blast to drive. Any babes you get you know will like you and not be going with you just for your car. :D

The fit sport really is a sweet car though for the money. It's crazy how well made it is to be so cheap.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Audi a4