Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can't come up with a good reply for some reason...

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know why my head is going blank on this, and it probably belongs in the high school forum, and I'd prefer not to have 16 year olds in the main forum reply so I'm posting it here.

A girl (25) who is interested and tells me i'm really smart and funny blah blah blah... so I tell her to give me her number and the end of her next email says:

So you want my number huh? How do I know you aren't some psycho killer? I have never dated a [my first name], but I do teach a [my first name].

What are you willing to do to get my number? lol Give me a really good reason and I will see what I can do! I will be waiting for your response.
Meh... Willing to do? I already did about all I'm willing to do. She should be privileged I told her to give me it, dangit. I'm the prize, lady... She's obviously just goofing around, but still...

I actually just thought of a couple possible things while typing this but what the hell I already typed this and maybe someone has something better.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mannn, FLIP it on her! You are the chooser!!

Since you already teach a [name], then I will be the [name] that shows you a thing or three. Although I wonder if you are really ready to be taken places you've never been before.

Please don't give me your number unless you enjoy something new and different. I got no time for [her name]'s without a sense of adventure. ;)
BTW, this chick digs you.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd hold off contact, go silent, for about four to five days - just to give it time to see if pressure builds on her part to contact you again - WITH the number, rather than play her game.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want her number, try this:

"Give me your number and I promise to only call you 8 times a day"

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Señor Fingers said:
Mannn, FLIP it on her! You are the chooser!!

BTW, this chick digs you
Yeah that's why I asked. Wasn't sure for a bit what to say for some reason. Usually it's easy to turn around... Really good reply you had there.

Btw, that's what I said!

Just for fun the past two emails before I said to give me her number:

Me:

What are you, fishing for compliments? :) Why else did I message you... I'll let you in on a little secret if you SWEAR SWEAR SWEAR NEVER TO TELL ANYONE. It's very embarrassing and my friends would make fun of me forever. You ready? You promise?!

Here it is. Don't laugh:

I like girls. I've always liked girls. And I think I always will :(

Hopefully we can still talk now that my horrible secret is out. I'm sure you have faults too, ya know...

Ok, so if i had to answer your question, why do you want to talk to me?

Her:

I respond to you because you intrigue me. Point and case... you meowed at me to get my attention. Although a little weird, it got my attention. I also really enjoy someone who is intelligent and can add to a conversation. Although I think you might be smarter than me, I think I still know a lot and am very interested in learning more. I also find your pictures to be intriguing. You seem to like to have a good time anywhere you go. I have been learning how to do that. I am a very serious person who is learning how to "chill out." I also found what you had to say interesting. I think you are very open about who you are and I feel like you know exactly what you are looking for. I am the same way in my life, so I feel like we would have a lot in common. But most importantly, I keep responding because I am always anxious to know what you are going to say next. You are very unpredictable, which makes my interactions with you so fun. I never know what you are going to say. I can tell that you have a sense of humor and I haven't even talked to you in person yet. I have actually caught myself laughing at some of the things that are said. So that is why I keep responding back to you.
Now here it my question... what activities do you like to accomplish while on dates that others girls don't like to do?

guru1000 said:
If you want her number, try this:
"Give me your number and I promise to only call you 8 times a day"
Deangelo. Yeah I've used that a few times but I try not to used canned stuff unless my hand is forced...

Mr. Me said:
I'd hold off contact, go silent, for about four to five days - just to give it time to see if pressure builds on her part to contact you again - WITH the number, rather than play her game.
Ohhh, i've done that stuff before. Usually silence just ends up getting you the answer you want as they get antsy :)

Danger said:
However, a wise person on this board once told me that the best way to handle a shit test is to ignore it completely, as if such a thing is so unheard of in your mind that you couldn't do anything OTHER than ignore it. So perhaps just reply to her email and pretend she never responded to you asking for her number. If she wants you to call her, she will bring the subject up again.
I don't wanna chit chat in email. I've been gettin so many pokes, winks, whatevers, and emails that I just tire of writing nearly the same things over and over. A couple emails, a number, a phone call, invite out... I hate putting things in a woman's court anyway as they have about zero initiative and it feels like i'm a teenage girl waiting by the phone in 1957. How many emails until she brings it up again? 15?

Thanks everyone. All good idears..

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohhh, i've done that stuff before. Usually silence just ends up getting you the answer you want as they get antsy
Then do more of what works, and less of what doesn't.

I've always found that if the number isn't freely forthcoming, it doesn't come. All that cute "What are you willing to do to get my number? lol" stuff = No Number. So I've found that when I play their game, all I end up doing is extending my belief that I may get their number, when in actuality, it's not going to happen.

My experience has been that if I play their game by turning it around and being C/F, that, even if they relinquish their digits, they're not serious. The next thing that's in all likelihood going to happen is that I'll become familiar with their voicemail as they never pick up, or they're going to flake.

Instead of getting on their merry-go-round, I found that if I withdraw, then that creates a vacuum so to speak, and they may start thinking, "uh oh! I'm losing him!" and if they were stalling giving the number because of some strategy of theirs, they'll amend their strategy when they see it's not working and shoot out that number. It may take a few days. It's also a form of reward/punishment in that it doesn't reward the disapproved behavior.

At worst, it's the acid test to see if they were ever serious to begin with.

OTOH, they may be not giving their number because they want to see "effort" on your part. But those gals are typically high maintenance. Then there are those that will contact you again to inquire about why you haven't gotten back to them, but that's to suck you back in to feeding them attention, as they still won't give out their number.

Wait a week. Then shoot out a little email asking them if they have a phone yet.

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try turning the psycho killer thing around on her as well. Could be fun to introduce her as your stalker.