"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Can you salvage complete screw ups?

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
As I am sure a lot of you know, I have become incredibly infatuated with a Finnish girl. I made a great impression initially and chatted her up, got her number and had a fabulous first date, but I sort of lost it after that, and got incredibly insecure and lost my composure, getting cross with her for not returning my calls, getting annoyed when she flaked on a date, and both times going over the top with wimpy apologies. I left a message asking her out for lunch last week and she did not reply.

I think she liked me a lot initially and was attracted to me, so I was wondering if there was any chance that if we bumped into each other again and I played it cool and controlled myself and was breezy and casual whether I could perhaps have another shot? If so what is the best approach to take?

We have both broken up for holidays for a month or so and chances are I will bump into her next term at some stage. I am planning to work on my physique over the holidays, go somewhere hot and get a tan, and flirt with a lot of girls over the holidays and date a few girls, so should be relaxed and on form when I return.

I have heard stories of people gettting back oneitises in the past after a major selfimprovement spurt, and was wondering how they did this?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Originally posted by Matt Rogers
As I am sure a lot of you know, I have become incredibly infatuated with a Finnish girl. I made a great impression initially and chatted her up, got her number and had a fabulous first date, but I sort of lost it after that, and got incredibly insecure and lost my composure, getting cross with her for not returning my calls, getting annoyed when she flaked on a date, and both times going over the top with wimpy apologies. I left a message asking her out for lunch last week and she did not reply.

I think she liked me a lot initially and was attracted to me, so I was wondering if there was any chance that if we bumped into each other again and I played it cool and controlled myself and was breezy and casual whether I could perhaps have another shot? If so what is the best approach to take?

We have both broken up for holidays for a month or so and chances are I will bump into her next term at some stage. I am planning to work on my physique over the holidays, go somewhere hot and get a tan, and flirt with a lot of girls over the holidays and date a few girls, so should be relaxed and on form when I return.

I have heard stories of people gettting back oneitises in the past after a major selfimprovement spurt, and was wondering how they did this?
Chances are that she wasn't nearly as impressed with that first date as you were. She wasn't sure if she wanted to date you or not, and went out with you to see if she liked you or not. Apparently she didn't gain any interest after that first date because she "flaked" afterwards. When you reacted as you did, you basically turned her off to the point that she's just not going to ever want to have anything to do with you. Don't waste your time...move on.
 

cyjay201

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 17, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
This has happened to me, I was a complete AFC last year. Fell flat on my face for this girl that wasn't worth it. This year I had class with her and she started talking to me first, told me that I had changed, but she wasn't sure in what way.

She actually asked me to hang out, so I went to her house to watch a movie. I dated her for about a month, then she started to get too clingy for my liking. So we both moved on.

It's not an easy thing to do, but I would suggest just moving on. Don't give a rats ass about her. If she's in the same room as you, don't acknowledge her unless she comes to talk to you first. Just make herself realize that she made a mistake.
 

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
Yeah, I do appreciate that it is her decision if she wants to start things off again as she blew me off. But I thought that if she saw that I had really changed and become more confident, less needy and altogether cooler she might give me another chance, as she showed high interest level initially before I started becoming needy and acting controlling and pushy.
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by Matt Rogers
As I am sure a lot of you know, I have become incredibly infatuated with a Finnish girl. I made a great impression initially and chatted her up, got her number and had a fabulous first date, but I sort of lost it after that, and got incredibly insecure and lost my composure, getting cross with her for not returning my calls, getting annoyed when she flaked on a date, and both times going over the top with wimpy apologies. I left a message asking her out for lunch last week and she did not reply.

I think she liked me a lot initially and was attracted to me, so I was wondering if there was any chance that if we bumped into each other again and I played it cool and controlled myself and was breezy and casual whether I could perhaps have another shot? If so what is the best approach to take?

We have both broken up for holidays for a month or so and chances are I will bump into her next term at some stage. I am planning to work on my physique over the holidays, go somewhere hot and get a tan, and flirt with a lot of girls over the holidays and date a few girls, so should be relaxed and on form when I return.

I have heard stories of people gettting back oneitises in the past after a major selfimprovement spurt, and was wondering how they did this?
Maybe this girl is playing mind games the way YOU do with girls you aren't attracted to.

What goes around comes around.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

DJnomore

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Yes...But

only if you don't care if you aren't successful salvaging them.
 

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
3,956
Reaction score
16
Location
Land of the Ruins
Sometimes

Depends upon the screwup and the gal.

DJnomore makes a good point, too. The less you care, the better, and the more likely you are to succeed. Oneitis begone!
 

christz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
740
Reaction score
0
onitis is the plauge god.. i never want to feel that way again, knowing damn well i probably will
 
Top